Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Are you still using the danger mill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I'm kind of disappointed we never saw anything you made with the scroll saw posted in this thread.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Wow that must have been some fine detail cutting to do something that small. I am sure there's a good reason you didn't use a hole saw for it, but what is that reason?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

My father in law has a radial arm saw from the 70s. It's in the back of a garage covered in stuff and he won't let me unearth it to use. Guess I'll have to chop my hand off with my cousin's lovely miter saw instead.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

People are always getting rid of old arm saws for near nothing and I'm always very suspicious.

I think their real strength is being able to handle much larger pieces of wood and being able to lock down and cut a straight line. I don't think a lot of people really need them if they aren't building cabinets or something and you have to make a lot of space to take advantage of their strengths, so I imagine that's part of it. Plus they are renowned for cutting off limbs if you use them the wrong way and a bunch of millenials and zoomers are terrified of that kind of thing because they never got shop class.