Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

A good reign. Emperor Soumaoro's hypercharged 52 learning has pulled Kanem-Bornu into the late Middle Ages (still about 11 innovations behind the other empires) and all that piety also allowed me to consecrate the bloodline. I was able to expand out from that one Ethiopian exclave and managed to hit the Somali coast, but not before the Ghazzid absorbed back a big chunk of the Arabian empire. I guess the Indian Ocean is too treacherous because I'm still out of diplomatic range of India...

Also I unlocked Octogenarians and finished the health tree with Soumaoro so I have at least one more year with him. I, uh, forgot to land my heir and he's already 46 with no lifestyle perks and negative piety? Ultimate failson.

Meanwhile my eighth son:

Am I gonna get problems if I Designate an Heir lol

Edit: Well I did it. Felt bad for a second that now he's my heir I had to break up the betrothal with a low-stat Possessed girl

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I unlocked Octogenarians and finished the health tree with Soumaoro so I have at least one more year with him. I, uh, forgot to land my heir and he's already 46 with no lifestyle perks and negative piety? Ultimate failson.

FYI you don't have to land your heir for them to get lifestyle progress while they're waiting for you to die. When a character gets landed they automatically get a lump sum of perks depending on their age. I assume it also factors in xp bonuses from things like education and intelligence traits though I'm not sure.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Am I gonna get problems if I Designate an Heir lol

Nope, it's just the prestige cost.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

eleven extra elephants posted:

Any decent streamers/playthroughs on Twitch/Youtube? I'm just looking for weirder playthroughs and people who are really good at strat games

He's medium at best at playing the game but I enjoy Monstersabound. he started out as cornwall but ended up in wales after a lot of stabbing gone wrong

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I tried CK2 for a few hours a long time ago, but the complexity was just a bit too much to figure out at the time. I put it down like "I'll watch some guides and have a proper sit-down to learn things sometime", but never got around to that. Then last week I had this random whim of giving CK3 a try through Game Pass, and now I'm totally hooked. I heard the news about Game Pass leaving beta, but from what I understand, existing subscribers will still pay the beta price until the next billing cycle, so once my sub ends in a week or so I can still eke out another month with the old price, which should be enough to sate myself on sweet feudal chicanery for a while.

Anyways, I humbly just continued the tutorial game with babby mode Ireland. First three kings were pretty normal, first martial lifestyle and then dabbled in some Stewardship. Was a bit salty when my favourite heir candidate got murdered, and the guy everyone else was voting for seemed like a bit of a wet rag. Even his character description just said "Fool", despite having a learning lifestyle focus. When he ascended the throne, I realised he didn't even have any kids despite he and his wife being 30. I wanted to fix that, so I went to the Seduce option in the menu... and saw a new one below it:

So long story short, the wise and "pious" scholar king Dínertach also converted his house into a giant witch coven. And I managed to get his first converted ward (and thus his rightful heir in the eyes of the Horned God as far as I'm concerned) elected as his successor despite him being a known adulterer and murderer. Witch King Dínertach also, after his original wife died of old age in her late 60s, took a second wife; some no-name petty noble bastard girl, who also happened to be a genius. And he managed to sire two children with her in his 70s. Then he got cancer, but his court physician miraculously saved him from it by cutting his wiener off. He finally "died of his wounds" like seven years later at the age of 80.

Eager to see what I can get his scheming successor up to, though his reign likely won't be long since he's already in his fifties. I'll probably be pretty vanilla and just see if I can get him crowned Emperor of Britannia.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 21, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Wanted to browse the family tree only to discover that my second character's sister no longer seems to be visible, what's up with that?