Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Thanks to a series of high-learning emperors who all took the "extra fascination progress" perk + concentrating on boosting development in my culture's provinces (Lombardia has just overtaken Rome and Costantinople as the most developed province in the world - 57 vs 55 and 54, respectively), I have basically finished the entire tech tree, it's 1270 or so and I'm currently researching the last cultural advancment, Condottieri from the Late Medieval era, it will be done in about 3 years.

Did I break something or is finishing the tree around the halfway point of the game working as intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

If you take multiple high-learning rulers and develop your capitol most of the time then you'll blitz through the tech tree. It might be too fast and gets really strong if you breed early geniuses into your empire. The learning tree also giving you massive self-boosts to your learning stat and has ridiculous events that allow you to get extra perks and those make it one of the stronger trees for 'doing what you want it to do' but not necessarily making it overpowered I guess. The trees need some rebalancing.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018

shut up blegum posted:

77 learning, what the hell?

The learning trees have a lot of opportunities to boost learning, plus the House of Wisdom in Baghdad gives +2 learning per level of fame. Also my spouse has 32 learning and is on give patronage so that gives another 16 learning right there. Also, stacking learning is pretty much the only way to get enough piety to convert to a dead religion like Zunist or Hellenic.

TorakFade posted:

Thanks to a series of high-learning emperors who all took the "extra fascination progress" perk + concentrating on boosting development in my culture's provinces (Lombardia has just overtaken Rome and Costantinople as the most developed province in the world - 57 vs 55 and 54, respectively), I have basically finished the entire tech tree, it's 1270 or so and I'm currently researching the last cultural advancment, Condottieri from the Late Medieval era, it will be done in about 3 years.

Did I break something or is finishing the tree around the halfway point of the game working as intended?

Basically having decent learning will allow you to complete the tech tree well before the finish date.

Obviously at that point the only thing left to do is convert each region to your culture so you can pick up the greyed out cultural techs. Only one province away from Afghani war elephants for me, then I might try to load them onto some War Canoes.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Nion posted:

The Hagia Sophia being completely worthless to Catholics even after mending the schism is rather annoying. Similarly, there are a special buildings in India that say in the flavor text that they are holy to both Hindus and Buddhists, yet only work for one of them. I'm not sure why there even is a "Building is deactivated because of religion" thing in the issue list when there's no actual way to fix the issue. (Technically I could swap religions, but that would deactivate other buildings.)

The ones in India work for both I think, but just one at a time. It goes to whichever faith is holding that county. And even if a Mahayana Buddhist holds it, if youíre Theravada you donít get a bonus