Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^^ you also get to experience 1 year old child prophets and being bullied by toddlers

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh christ I thought I might be able to stabilize with my 28 Diplomacy chancellor doing Domestic diplomacy... but she also kicked the bucket a few months after her best friend :smith:

Now I have to decide between putting my 20 Diplomacy aunt who I had just mollified by granting a duchy... or my 10 diplomacy vassal who is angry he's not on the council.

Meanwhile I betrothed myself to the highest Intrigue eligible lady I could find, who was a random sister of a Welsh count, on the basis that I am going to need to get myself some help from not dying since my hook-locked spymaster is -84 to me

Once again I am counting the days until I come of age and can use +opinion decisions to get these vassals back in the green... or else deplete my Feudalization fund...

I think with a hook lock you can still reassign him. Better an angry 3 skill steward than spymaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fists Up posted:

What exactly is the impact of clicking the "grant to low noble" button with a castle holding? As it picks from random does this just end up finding me some more potential vassals who I can eventually elevate?

I think it just flat out creates a vassal. One that never seems to have kids because I keep getting the drat castle back every 30 years.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What's the best way to spin off a dynasty member with an empire title? I'm in a position to form the empire of Francia and I'd like to hand it off to one of the other cadet branches of the line, but the Kingdom of France is a vassal, not a direct title I hold. I can't give the king I want to make an Emperor the vassal beforehand because they're the same rank, and I can't seem to send my own vassals to other empires (I tried to pawn off a de jure vassal to the HRE and couldn't see an option)

Is tyranny to revoke the france kingdom title my only option?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
#1 and your second mod go hand in hand. Attacking England as Spain and the English army must have embarked about 70 times just to move around a few provinces

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've never actually looked, can you make your own christian heresies?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I break my army down as much as possible when there's a crusade and put every eligible male in charge of their own 10 person army to get that trait across as many people as possible for the opinion boost.

Sadly making my Muslim dukes siege Jerusalem doesn't give them a trait

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Landing your knights also let's then take lifestyle traits

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chewbot posted:

Anybody notice their spymaster actually stopping plots when set to defensive? I've had some very high skill/high opinion spymasters but I don't think I've ever seen them discover murder plots to my family. Or are they stopping all kinds of stuff that I never get informed of? Is it better to just have them always on hostile schemes or secrets?

Mine discovers stuff pretty regularly, I think it's a skill vs skill check+ whatever modifiers they/you have.

Me scheming with 35 intrigue and the scheme tree filled in results in 95s everywhere usually cause nobody has a good enough spymaster.

Make sure it's the highest skill guy you have, ideally that isn't vengeful or something or else you'll find him murdering you because you refused to be his friend when you were both 2.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Really wish there was a clearer way to understand what the current inheritances will be through succession laws.

Can't you just go to the realm tab and it'll spell out who's getting what?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reveilled posted:

Goddamn, my latest Emperor just died, and his 18 year old youngest son just took the throne with his 23 intrigue score. Was looking forward to a lifetime of murders and executions to secure my throne...missed that my boy was Just. Stress for every exectuion, stress for every hostile scheme. Goddamn it.

My current guy is paranoid, just, and gregarious. Stress for talking to people, stress for not talking to people.

I forget what the event was but my options were +63 stress, +63 stress, or +126 stress. Thanks game.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

buglord posted:

Also why do I have trouble raising levies at times? Sometimes i'll be stuck at 400 levies, getting 1-2 per month, when my cap is like 4400. What gives?

Is it shortly after you disbanded them?

It also seems to take longer on distant counties but that might just me being impatient

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can if he's in your court. Your heir generally shouldn't gently caress off

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

toasterwarrior posted:

I don't know what influences the Dynasty Head selection process, but the dumbfuck AI just blew 2k on the military perk that reduces casus belli costs by 20%. loving gigantic waste of points, moron.

Say that when you're spending 13k prestige force vassalizing a neighbor :v:

That said my fourth emperor being all intrigue has made snatching kingdoms so much easier. Find a claimant, fabricate a hook to force them into your court, assassinate the king, press the claim and presto, new king/queen vassal

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

oddium posted:

is there a mod to remove the sea lane loophole from even the harsh exclave rule

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2222647541

That's the only one I know of

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Allies can't faction against you.

Neither can lovers, so hop to it :sissies:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

blue squares posted:

It’s too late for me to win them over, so I’ll have to acquiesce and lower my crown authority. I only have one heir anyway so it’s ok I suppose. I don’t need to change any succession laws

Anybody else find themselves sitting around waiting a lot? I’ve added the two duchies I wanted but I don’t want to go for the kingdom; my daughter is the queen

Speaking of daughters in positions of power: I have six of them, including two queens. What good does this do me?

I think it mostly gets you dynastic renown, tho you can probably call them into wars. I keep getting the option to call in dynasty members anyway

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ms Adequate posted:

I wish I knew why my eldest daughter, who had been my heir, suddenly is not? (Female preference as we're Daura) It's gone to the next daughter and after I disinherited her and the other two girls, to my sons. As far as I can see she doesn't have any bastard trait and her dad is still the man believed to be her father since birth. I also tried disinheriting and restoring her own inheritance to no effect. She doesn't stand to inherit anything like any other titles or anything and I have absolutely no idea why.

Did she take the vows all on her own? I feel there's a popup when that happens, but maybe not

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Nobody in this game can keep it in their pants, I hope "AI won't take seduction focus" returns in an early patch. I tire of dying and finding out my son has 73 vengeful lovers.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Might be d&d but you still want to make them a hereditary line of court spymasters don't you

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are free cities a thing in ck? Those were a problem in eu4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The deal with fervor is that it's a trash mechanic.

At least I can make people convert in exchange for early release from prison. The only bright side of my gigantic empire and the neverending "omg someone had sex, must inform the emperor!" popups

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Traxis posted:

Supposedly there is a rollover bug so if you are way stronger it rolls over and says you're weaker.

Certainly seems to be, every drat fight I take my army into is a skull and crossbones. It's 56k vs 1k, I think I'll be ok unless I've stumbled into Sparta.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I really hope they do something about seductions soon cause in a big empire visiting the empress's chambers is like

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jeza posted:

If you have a nice stable kingdom/empire as a Catholic, don't ever bother trying to find secrets in your court. All it does is give you non-stop choices between losing a level of devotion or pissing off entire swathes of families/vassals as you compulsively throw them in prison for constantly boning their siblings/grandparents/peasants.

Speaking as someone that owns half the world, this happens endlessly anyway

I find it funny that not arresting them gives a level of devotion drop, but instantly releasing them has no penalties at all "sorry ma'am, had to pretend I cared"

The only upside to all the adultery is I can force them to convert to Catholicism upon release

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still just use ultimogeniture. Was especially nice with my latest succession since my emperor lived to 107 and even the youngest was almost 30

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eimi posted:

Also is anyone not seeing the Raise Runestone decision, like at all? I don't think I saw it on any character this run, whether I was Norse or Norwegian, though I have reformed.

I got it on my short female priority viking game. It only shows up after your ruler dies as a decision

It was just a 860 gotland start, nothing special reform wise

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ultrachrist posted:

I assumed sterile meant you flat out can't have children, but the mouseover just says -50%... can you still have children with a beautiful lusty wife?

If my chaste nephew can have kids with the sadistic giant amazonian lesbian I married him off to anything is possible

I'm still waiting for the death by snusnu event to pop up

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Byzantines do enjoy those testicles and spectacles

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you're an empire just have no vassals

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Broken Cog posted:

People can find out about it later and blackmail you, but that's pretty much it.

Not that that's a big deal. I told a couple people about a murder I did during a feast and they blackmailed me about it. But both died a few months later, it was weird. :iiam:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It'd be almost impossible not to get a game over since courtiers can't get married unless the liege lets them. You'd need a whole new set of rules for keeping your line alive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Likely not all of your titles were using Tanistry

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hopeandjoy posted:

I’m almost done uniting the Iberian peninsula in my current game as Leon but....

France got absorbed into the Holy Roman Empire which is both completely intact and humongous.

And worse, it’s bordering me.

Please break down HRE.......

Yeah, the HRE and the papacy are hugely op it seems

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

KingKapalone posted:

Why is my wife naked now? She became ruler of the little county she had a claim to after her uncle died or something. I had my player screen open at the time and she took her top off. She also stopped showing up in my council. Now I'm loading up the game again and welp...

Did she convert to the local religion or culture that might have nudity?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's a real crime that ck doesn't have the "I'm my own grandpa" achievement

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pets are great, stress relief, occasional gold, and sometimes they bring incriminating letters that give you hooks

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
No no, you fabricate hooks to force them to move to your court so you can press their claim and make your money from their vassal taxes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PittTheElder posted:

But that would require me raising an army, and marching all the way down to Anatolia, chasing armies around, sacking sooo many towns, and who has time for that? Much better if they just send me cash in the post.

Just kidnap the war target!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Having spent the last hour dealing with being over my vassal limit, I'd love to see a decision added to "grant all vassals to their de jure liege" to clean up all these random counts/etc that got orphaned with me instead of with a more reasonable duke/king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm pretty sure the best way is to have as many independent members of your dynasty running kingdoms as possible