Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Question: Is CK3 a superior game in all respects to CK1 or is it more like Vicky 2 versus Vicky 1 where there are some improvements but also some drawbacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Elias_Maluco posted:

It is superior to Ck1 in everything, yes

It is also superior to CK2 too, but in this case there are some drawbacks (several of features of CK2 are not in CK3 yet)

Zeron posted:

CK3 is a lot smoother and more intuitive, but it's shallow currently compared to CK2 (CK1 isn't even a comparison). But well, it's infinitely cheaper to get into CK3 than CK2 with all the expansions so...

dead gay comedy forums posted:

to ck one is like, light years ahead and is incredibly better than two ever was at this point of comparative development

Sorry guys, I meant superior to CK2, and thank you for including CK2 in your analysis. I'll probably wait on CK3 until it is definitely better than CK2 in every aspect before getting into it.

Also, I prefer After the End FF mod on CK2 to what they're doing with it in CK3.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

TjyvTompa posted:

I think it might be an over correction from Paradox because in CK2 the black death could easily completely ruin your game by killing almost everyone. I am still salty about it ruining my Venice game by killing off all the other merchant families completely.

After the End Fan Fork had a bug in one of their recent patches which made it so that none of the AI secluded themselves during the Red Death (anthrax), and so 70% of the characters in-game got wiped out. Entire family trees of 100+ characters were gone. My own family tree of 250 got whittled down to 80. Lot of interesting marriages suddenly occurred afterwards.

It was pretty cool but then the next patch fixed it. I think seclusion in CK2 should only have a chance of preventing disease.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
CK2 After the End Fan Fork update; For the first time since... ever, NeoMoor Florida consolidated under the Great Conquerer event and managed to 1) stay stable, and 2) take a huge chunk out of the Holy Columbian Confederacy. It helps that A) The Holy Columbian Confederacy suffered an independence revolt and lost half its territory, and B) it suffered an invasion from the Consumerists that split off a kingdom.

Too bad the Consumerists are limited to two weakish kingdoms that keep launching ineffectual attacks on stronger states and losing. I like having a giant Consumerist blob or two to fight as an end-game unstoppable force.

I really wish the devs for this mod had consolidated holy sites for a lot of religions though. Consumerism has it really bad. If they start in California they do ok, as they get 2 of the 5 sites, same if they start in Chicago. Anywhere else though and their religious authority is super-weak. Maybe that's WAD though, since it's such a wacky religion idea.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Does anyone know of any mods that lower the amount of troops that levees raise, so that empires and kingdoms don't get humongous numbers of troops by the end of games?

This is for CK2.