Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Had a rare but interesting situation happen to me and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it or knew a fix.

I have Absolute Crown Authority and High Partition secession laws, and I designated my youngest daughter as my heir because I prefer younger characters to inherit, but my current character has lived far longer than I was expecting so I would like my first child's (who has passed, on rip.) child to inherit. The problem is that the Designate Heir function only allows you to select children, not grandchildren, and it once you've selected an heir there doesn't seem to be any function that resets it to 'None Selected'. You can only switch it from child to child.

So far the only solution I can think of is to drop back down to High Crown authority, as this would deactivate the designate heir function and allow for a grand-child to be the primary heir again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Okay, so do NOT

1: Get absolute crown authority and designate an heir
2: Reduce your crown authority down to 'High'
3: Disinherit your heir.

This will not do what I expected, which is 'reset' the inheritance and bring it in line with your succession law, but instead cause it to go bugfuck wild as the game tries to you to have a player heir that cannot inherit any titles.

There is, as far as I know, no way to reset/clear your designated heir (who can ONLY be your children) and have grandchildren inherit once you decide to select someone.