Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Descar posted:

OK, when does your main character stop being able to have children?

I can't find any info about this, at all...

But I'm 63, and in good health, but haven't had a child in 15 years..
And every Spouse i pick, i see that i have None chance of children with every woman on earth. but no reasons as to why..

I have checked through all my traits, and only sees fertility boosts,
and I'm pretty sure my father had children over 48, as i do have 16 siblings..

Females become barren at around 45. I don't think there's a max for males being able to impregnate, but higher age makes it less likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Every time I try to actually do a Catholic run I feel the need to switch to the first heresy that pops up.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Boot and Rally posted:

So I've heard of 'eloping' with other people's spouses. This is a side of seduction/intrigue that I didn't know about. What is the process for eloping?

It's unlocked by a trait in the Chivalry path, so you need to get that. Then you need the target to actually like you via seduce or romance schemes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Retroblique posted:

Interesting random character find:

Charna of House Frostwhisper, a bisexual albino who's shy, ambitious, stubborn, an intricate webweaver, administrator and journaler. I've found my new Spymaster! But really I kinda want to give her a title and then take House Frostwhisper on to glory, because they kinda have a cool shield design.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That is a D&D name from a mod right

I think it's a D&D character of one of the devs; you'll notice her dynasty quote is something obviously joking. ("We'll be immortal until we die" or something like that.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I only noticed one major bug and a minor one so far. There are some weird rear end stuff that's technically working as intended but will probably be changed soon. I'm having fun.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Can someone explain county development to me? Mine has stalled at 35 and I’m not sure why. I just want to build Cambridge and then ban tories from going there

There's a penalty called 'existing development' that raises whenever development goes up. You need to unlock certain techs in order to change the penalties.

For example, you currently have 'Communal Government' which causes the maximum current development penalty to be at 35 development. You need to get to the High Middle Ages and unlock Urbanization, so the maximum current development penalty is now at 55 development.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man, having a lot of children is annoying. Either you intentionally do not marry for alliances, you're constantly in wars you don't care about, or you constantly lose a bunch of fame from declining.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I need to remember I can just convert in a holy war a lot sooner. I blew so much money trying to fight against one I couldn't possibly win that I'm now like 150 gold in debt and barely getting any money.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The entire point of switching from Moral Authority to Fervor is that small faiths basically always had lovely MA and basically always died without player intervention. Making a faith's resistance to conversion based on their size would just lead to that happening again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Because incest jokes are synonymous with CK2 and they leaned into it in CK3.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Koramei posted:

Is there a way to abduct people without being exposed? Or do I just have to eat that malice if I want to do it?

It is impossible to abduct people without being exposed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know for a fact that Military Engineer works. It reduces siege phase time, not siege time in general. You get the events that break walls or lower supplies sooner.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mauser posted:

Won't someone rid me of this 5 learning priest?

You can get rid of him at any time you like assuming you have sufficient intrigue and/or enough friends with good intrigue.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also the Italian cultural retinue was quite possibly the best one and could absolutely punch way more than their numbers indicate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

crazysim posted:

There's currently a bug where unlanded heirs do not choose a lifestyle. This means they don't accumulate perks while you're ruling.

It's such a painful bug!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain this is intended.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man whatever AI changes they made in 1.2 (or one of the smaller 1.2. patches) made AI allies actually useful. I actualy won a couple wars based off of my AI allies helping me siege down and actually joining in on my fights.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Femtosecond posted:

Wasn't paying attention and my Brother who was my vassal got disposed and there was a new vassal in his place. Perhaps he got usurped?

My solution was to revoke that guys' lands away and gave it back to my Brother.

How did this happen and how can I avoid this? I'm on the max level of crown authority so I thought this was impossible for vassals to fight one another.

You can check the title history for whatever titles he had. It should show why the new guy got the title.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So, just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, Vassal A is a count under a duke attacking a count that answers directly to you, correct?

If Vassal A wins, both counties will come under his control, which means both counties will fall under the control of the duke.

Yes, Vassal A can attack his duke for his claim. You will not be able to intervene because it's a normal vassal on vassal war.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If he has a claim on the duke title, he will get the duke title if he wins the war pressing his ducal claim. If he just has a claim on the county title, he will just take the county title and have to usurp or create the ducal title.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You cannot 'romance' people as a gay man if homosexuality is shunned, but you can 'seduce' them. They're functionally the same thing, one is just public.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If you have a guardian with an intelligence trait like quick or genius, use them. Otherwise, pick whoever has the highest stat in whatever education you want the kid to have, using the learning stat as a tiebreaker.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Midgetskydiver posted:

I don't know where the post was previous, but according to their breakdown, Learning stat is quite a bit more useful in helping the tutored kid advance toward a better education. So if you want to train someone in Diplo and have the choice between a 10 Diplo 20 Learning or 20 Diplo 10 Learning, the former is better.

According to the wiki and every other post I've found the primary stat is twice as good as learning for education.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

You can change your motto at any time I’m pretty sure. I’m not sure how to do it but I know there’s a button for it somewhere

It should be right next to the motto in the dynasty screen.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of realm splitting civil wars because my vassals don't want to be ruled by an icky woman and want my male cousin to take over.

Seriously this is great, though it's kinda annoying they were only at 81% power when they launched and if just one person wasn't there I could proceed with the Reconquista as planned.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You don't really need to remember very many names. If people show up in events you can usually click them to go to their character panel.

The only names I bother remembering are my children so I can just look at the title's line of succession in order to find out which counties I'm losing to partition.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

So it’s not even worth keeping a bit in the bank when those story situations pop up, and might need prestige to get out of? I’m doing tutorial island btw, if that helps at all.

Another question: what happens if an ally asks me to go to war, I say yes, but then don’t really do anything? Do I get a diplomacy/opinion hit or anything?

It's only worth keeping money in the back to afford mercenaries in the event your stronger neighbor attacks you (or you want to attack your stronger neighbor) and maybe save up for the expensive decisions.

Most of the time, nothing except you not getting the prestige and opinion gain based on war participation, but an event might fire where you ally complains about you not doing anything. Even then, you can get out with just a minor opinion hit if you promise to actually participate in, like, a year and then the war either ends or you help out. I'm fairly certain if you don't you get the same penalty as if you refused the call in the first place, or possibly worse.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Petition to add the surprise crocodiles to to the end of fatal duels in any location when?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm slightly disappointed in them featuring the Norse as the first flavor pack but I am excited for adventuring and the potential for cultural bloodline stuff.

Though I'm curious, what happens if a member of that norse family beomes not-norse?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Holy war for some infidels to torture and get free intrigue and prowess.

Or just reset your perks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is, indeed, added in this patch.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Thank Christ. I keep making a game with ironman on, making an early mistake, deciding to restart, and then realize the default settings that every game starts with doesn't have ironman on, meaning I have to make a third game. It is very annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Unless you do not have trebuchets.

I'm still not entirely sure what an onager is but I love them now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of all of those. I agree that the garrison depletion absolutely should have been in the game at launch, since CK2 had it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That cultural hybridization thing sounds like dynamic melting pots which is amazing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

alcaras posted:

Did they release more details on Royal Court anywhere?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968353

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tutorial island is literally the tutorial this time, which is fun, but if you want outside Europe, Daura is fun to figure out the new mechanics.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Parition is easy enough to game as soon as you figure out how it works unless you're dying too often. Manually being able to set things would make everything too easy, IMO.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why waste renown disinheriting kids you don't want when you can just force them to be knights and get them killed in battle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The AI is smart enough to realize that they need to separate so they don't have an entire 30k stack on a single province sieging, but not smart enough to realize it would be faster if they sieged multiple provinces at a time, which is very annoying.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 12, 2021