Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I played like a million hours of EU4 and a million hours of Stellaris. I never gave CK2 a shot, but intended to eventually. If feedback is good I might just grab CK3 instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oh cool CK3 is in Humble Choice this month

Thread, is CK3 a good game? I played 763 hours of EU4 but have never played CK2.

Are there any must-have DLCs?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Saganlives posted:

If you're a history nerd you should know Brett Devereaux, an actual historian, started writing a series on Crusader Kings 3 and how it presents a theory of history via mechanics and gameplay and how accurate that theory is in it's portrayal of the period. (Hint: pretty close in interesting ways!) He also wrote a (completed) series on Europa Universalis 4 and Victoria 2. They are all interesting reads. I also recommend his series titled The Fremen Mirage which tackles the idea that decadent men lead to hard men that lead to decadent men again, it's very good though not immediately relevant to Paradox games.

Thanks for linking this, I've played enough hours of EU4 to be 1/10th of an expert so this was an interesting thing to start reading

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So I started the tutorial up, I'm figuring some stuff out.

When picking a potential spouse how important are their traits and skill levels?