Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

ilitarist posted:

This is what your preorders are financing

Money well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Ham posted:

Last dev diary, showcasing the dev team as well as the patch notes: https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/dev-diary-40-a-new-journey-begins-release-dev-diary

It might be a fun challenge to entice all of the vanity characters into your court. Make your own medieval software studio.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I married my daughter to an albino man, and then she had affair with a different albino man. Now she's dead and has left me with 4 albino children. I think I'm going to cousin-marry them around so I can get more albino people in my family.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

They (with some other visigoths) get a unique cultural innovation which allows them to set equal gender laws at any crown authority.

Visigothic Codes also grants access to all partition laws right out of the gate. It's pretty nice.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

:eyepop: I assume that's just Asturias in 867?

According to the wiki it's available to the: Aragonese, Basque, Catalan, and Occitan (but I assume the Visigothic culture that Asturias starts with would get it too?)

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

I got them married right afterwards... like, why not if they really like each other.

Well, this game is a dating simulator first and foremost, so I think this was the right course of action.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

It really seems more over-lands than over-seas at that point.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, there's no way that's the focus of the first content packs as the Norse already have bookmarked starts (in both start dates) and seem solidly fleshed out compared to other areas on the map. Gotta be a fake. P good troll though.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

PizzaProwler posted:

Yeah, there's no way that's the focus of the first content packs as the Norse already have bookmarked starts (in both start dates) and seem solidly fleshed out compared to other areas on the map. Gotta be a fake. P good troll though.

Well, alright. I'll be feasting on crow tonight :)

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Wise Man/Woman also lets you do a decision that results in some free learning experience if you're in to the learning perk trees (like I am).

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

pidan posted:

That said, I think the whole game leans a bit hard on the eugenics/incest aspects of the old game. I guess these things were popular on reddit...

You say that as though these things aren't still popular here.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Right, because this game is set in a time with no disease or assassinations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or he converts to Catholicism, becomes a monk, and is renamed Haraldr 'Chromedome'

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Just defended Salerno from an ERE holy war and the Basileus had to pay me 1,460 ducats. drat, that felt good.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I hope that's something that Royal Court fixes: making it easier to keep my family at my court. I've lost too many games where my heir fucks off because their spouse unexpectedly inherited some rando county and then all my grandkids turn the wrong religion/culture and marry extremely unfavorably (and more vitally: out-of-dynasty) because they're back to a patriarchal religion.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Gay marriage as a game rule has already made some people REAL loving MAD too. Get your popcorn, guys!

You seem overly excited about outrage that barely exists.

Most people seem really stoked on the same-sex marriage rule being included.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

That's no good. I've heard that watery tarts distributing swords is no basis for a government, but I'd need a historian to weigh in on that.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

How do I get rid of leased holdings in counties I have taken over? I just took over Rome and the grandmaster of some holy order has leased a lot of holdings that I can't use. I want him gone.

When you click the leased holding there should be a little button that looks like a castle with a small x on it. Click that and it should give those lazy Templars the boot. Though, now that I think about it, this may only work if you directly hold the county that the holding is in, so hopefully you haven't given it away yet.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

That's the issue, the X only appears if you are the patron of the holy order. This is a catholic holy order and I am hindu. Anyway I googled around and it seems it is a long standing bug/issue and the only way to fix it is through the console, which is not available in ironman mode. Very irritating as they control several holdings in and around Rome.

Oh dang, that's still an issue then. I really hate that. Holy Orders could be a really cool game mechanic, but I'm so often frustrated by how they're implemented right now.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Probably not the stupidest CoA I could've come up with, but it makes me smile every time I see it.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’ve done three straight games as Haesteinn and every time the king of France successfully murders me within 10 years and all my event troops go away lol. I was about two weeks shy of forming Sicily this last time.

I was sailing around Arabia and that fucker Charles the Bald sniped me from across the map.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Moreau posted:

How does one form Norman culture these days?

Same as before: capture all of Neustria as Norse and take the decision to form Norman culture.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Agreed. The only reason to do it is because it's instantaneous (which, like mentioned, is kinda moot because Norse can hybridize so quickly anyway) and it allows you to access the Norman preset name list (also auto-changes Neustria to Normandy and bestows the double-lion flag). These aren't really compelling enough reasons. I hope they give some special benefits to the remaining culture formation decisions at some point.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

The old Norse hybrid decision mod that I used to play with had that one as Corskr, but I think I like all those names you gave better.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

How do you get more than three people to appear? I can only get my player character, their spouse, and player heir to show.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome, that's easy. Thanks!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure feudals can also still raid if they're following any unreformed religion.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

Any mods that add more stuff to spend money on? I'm swimming in cash after a series of money-oriented rulers and have all but filled up my domain's building+holding slots to the limit allowed by my tech.

There are two variations of mod that allow you to add more building slots to holdings. Pick your poison:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2760960044

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370708338

Cities of Wonders adds a special metropolis holding type to the game. They're quite the money-sink:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2512278056

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

edit: small grammatical error

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Is there a way to reveal my own secret so someone will no longer have a strong blackmail hook on me? I don't care if people know I'm a witch anymore because I made it legal.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks for the reminder about the Canaries. I play almost exclusively norse-hybrid (usually involving the practiced pirates tradition) runs and I still somehow haven't gotten around to that one. :getin:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Personally, I'm a big fan of Galicia, Gascogne, or Bohemia. Sardinia's a popular choice I've had fun with as well.

Though in my experience with Varangian Adventures I often find it most fun to start up a Norse game with no particular target in mind. Then once I become strong, I scan the map looking for weakness and make my decision based on that. If you can catch an otherwise strong power (like France or Andalusia) on the back foot you can insert yourself into their capital and gradually take over from there (after they're permanently crippled from losing their best holdings).

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

So your kid doesn't like sex; that doesn't mean they don't like having children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

HiroProtagonist posted:

Don't forget Malta below Sicily and Verona (which the ducal title actually includes three county level ones). When i varangian slapped the Pope and went down that path, it was those two that took me the longest time to realize i was missing.

If not those, double check the northern dejure border counties. You may have gotten an extra one that isn't actually dejure Italia and neglected one that actually is.