Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Gah, allies actually expect you to help out when you get called to war in an alliance now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know where I can see the warhorse I apparently gained? Can't find it as a temp modifier or trait.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
"Cool, my heir got quick, at least I'm lucky for once" *Cue every single kid popping out afterwards having Intelligent*

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
England has so many raiders it's hard to find a free, unraided spot. Life is tough as a viking.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What's the difference between the seduce and the romance options?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I had some weird event chain where a serial killer was randomly murdering my relatives. After killing 3 of my sons and a grandson, I got enough clues that I figured out who it was, picked the choice to confront them, and..... nothing happened. Nothing more came up. Anyone else had this happen?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, if you go digging in the tenets for religion reform, there is one called "Natural Primitivism". The stat effect of it isn't that interesting, just a bit less stress generated, but it also makes everyone following that religion go nude.

Is there any religion in the base game that actually has this, or is it just another joke from Paradox?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So the Bishopric of Canterbury is worth around 60 raiding bucks at the earliest start date, are there any other locations like this with massively inflated values for raiding? Excluding Constantinople of course.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Man, I'm good.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Xerophyte posted:

My Call a Spirit Friend rituals have so far resulted in Ill three times and Impotent once. I have decided that the spirits can go gently caress themselves and it'll be the first tenet to go whenever I reform.

I played a multiplayer game with some friends last night as an african count. Clicked that decision immediately, and got Strong.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Having 20 champions, Gallant focus bonuses, Norse building bonuses and all champions at Prowess 15+ makes your armies punch way above their weight class.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Got Athletic from a mental break event, first time I've seen that.

Also, Athletic lets you lower stress by doing an intense workout for basically no penalty (other than a year of sweat stink).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's kinda strange that others can "expose" that you're having a love affair with one of your concubines. You even get the adulterer trait for it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Going full Gallant as vikings is hilarious. You can easily take on armies twice or triple your size. It basically turns your champions into supermen.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone else feel the eduction traits are completely random? I can educate someone from start to finish on martial focus and on a 4 star martial expert guardian, and they'll still end up with a 2 star stewardship perk.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

There's a super hidden in the UI selection on the kid themselves where the lifestyle would be, that determines what kind of education they get.

That's what I meant with the martial focus.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Any way I can change the Dynasty Head inheritance?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Started as the sole count on Crimea in 867, sat around doing nothing for 50 years, inherited a duchy in the middle of Greece through a marriage on my grandson, said grandson also inherited a claim to the Byzantine throne because his mother declared war on the emperor at some point. The second I started playing as that grandson I set up a faction to put me on the throne, and almost every vassal in the empire supported me, so the emperor abdicated without any fighting.

Single county count to emperor within 2 years, not bad. Also found out that everyone that supports you during a faction like that gets a hook on you, so that was a lot of nonrefusable demands that popped up right afterwards.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What do you do if the leader in another country is trying to murder you or your courtiers? Is there anything you can do to stop them?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Murder them back, harder?

Alternatively make them like you more, maybe.

Kinda tricky if it's an IRL friend of mine that I just got excommunicated because he dared me to.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So negative popular opinion can lead to peasant revolts and stuff like that, but is there any benefit to having positive popular opinion in a county?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone found out how you can get the blademaster trait? I think I've only ever seen it on recruited champions.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone managed to reach the end of the White Stag event chain? I got to the point where the only option was "It can't be long until I meet it now" or something like that, but then nothing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Eej posted:

Still need 4500+ devotion to change Suomenusko from Male Dominated to Equal though lol

:ssh: Check the "Apostate" perk under the Scholar tree in learning lifestyles.

Edit: Whoops, wrong perk, I meant the "Prophet" under the Theology tree.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 5, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is the warhorse from the Chivalry lifestyle events bugged? Doesn't seem to show up.

Edit: I have selected the wrong duchy/county for a conquest war now so many times it's not even funny

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 6, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone else noticed your courtiers are really keen on assassinating your court physician for some reason?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The method of getting new courtiers to your court has been replaced by the "guest" system. Check your guest list often, and you will regularly find pretty great statted courtiers there that will join you for a pretty penny. Especially if you take the dynasty skill that gives you better guests.

Alternatively, you can just marry them to one of your relatives matrilineally, and they'll come and squat at your place.

Edit: Both methods are great ways of getting more champions too.

Edit2: Oh yeah! Also see if some of your prisoners are willing to join you. If they are the same culture/religion, it's not even that hard to convince them.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 6, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Nektu posted:

You can still use the search tool to browse all characters, and invite them to your court via interaction. Its the magnifying class in the lower right.

You can, but it's a lot harder to get courtiers to just up and move to your place now.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My last three wives have died in childbirth of their first kid, it's starting to get a bit old.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What exactly decides who gets to be Dynasty head?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm annoyed by my vassals seemingly complete incapability to handle peasant rebellions.
Is there any way for me to help out as a ruler other than keeping an eye on them at all times and offer to join war?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Jeza posted:

Enjoying the perk system, it adds cool layers to doing stuff, but honestly I also find it frustratingly slow. Experience gain could probably stand to be even twice as fast. As it is, you're only likely to max out two trees in a life. Or I wouldn't be opposed to being able to pass on a few perk points in your specced trees to your heir instead, maybe tied to your learning stat.

I actually disagree. The trees are so strong that they can basically define the playstyle of the character you're playing as, so I think keeping them somewhat sparse spices things up a bit.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I like the dynasty perks that gives you better guests, at least in the earlygame or for smaller realms, but I kinda think it would be better if it gave you a decision like with the champion invites to put out a call for experts.
It's too easy to forget when you have guests.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
One nice thing about moving to Feudal is that your entire realm isn't constantly at each others throat, so you don't get characters dying in pointless, internal battles all the time.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How Britain ends up in the 867 start seems to hinge a lot on how quickly Alfred ascends to the Wessex throne. When he does they triple their available troops, and can start fighting back against the viking invasion for real. I had a game earlier where practically everything but a few parts of the isles up in Scotland were under catholic control by 900.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Alright, here's how to "beat" gavelkind, especially as a tribal.
Grab one duchy and all internal counties for each heir other than your main, keep your main duchy and all counties for yourself, never land your main heir.

When you croak, your heir should get your highest title, your main duchy, and all the counties within it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ms Adequate posted:

E; I think part of it is that currently the inheritances are not working in a coherent and/or sensible way. It's one thing for the realm to be divided up, it's another for it to make you King but give you some random duchy at the arse end of the realm with a farmer and his three sheep as your source of soldiers and income.

I'm assuming this is because of Elective? Maybe specifically the Scandinavian Elective inheritance law?

The reason that law gives you some random county in the middle of nowhere, is that the law is only for the highest titile, nothing else. All your other titles, duchies, counties, are still levied up between your children.
The best way to use this method is to make your heir someone that is already landed.

Eltoasto posted:

I feel like disinheriting will get nerfed soon, it's really easy to do as long as you only have 2-3 sons. And who cares about an opinion penalty from an unlanded dude to your old king. Unless there are other drawbacks i haven't seen. I've had 2 cadet branches set up, so maybe that's a side effect.

Doesn't disinherit tank your renown? You really don't want to waste your renown on anything outside of the dynasty tree.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 7, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Unless they get countered.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Eltoasto posted:

75 renown to keep your kingdom together is nothing. It may add up in the long term but i'd happily miss out on a +5 relation buff to not have to worry about reconquering the same areas.

I think you're mixing up fame and renown, fame is the prestige level exp, renown is the dynasty tree exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Nothing like dying and finding out your heir has -100 relation with pretty much your entire realm because he's apparently a very incompetent assassin.