Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Never played CK2, but this game looks great, and the UI looks nice as well.

And after watching a few videos, it looks like this game is what the AI characters in Imperator should be playing in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
I just read that you lose every building when transition from tribal to feudal society,
as i'm playing as a viking, that would be a game killer.

My goal to just transition peacefully up in the north has changed,
and I'll need to conquer a feudal society first,
Some unlucky feudal nation is gonna have a visit from the 23,000 horde i have managed to gather.

anyway. 10/10 game, never played CK2 before and this is my first run.
just smashed the swedes, 59 years old and am now king of Vestlond/Norway/Denmark and Sweden.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
OK, when does your main character stop being able to have children?

I can't find any info about this, at all...

But I'm 63, and in good health, but haven't had a child in 15 years..
And every Spouse i pick, i see that i have None chance of children with every woman on earth. but no reasons as to why..

I have checked through all my traits, and only sees fertility boosts,
and I'm pretty sure my father had children over 48, as i do have 16 siblings..

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I learned pretty early to not let heirs or important councillors to be knights. They have a life expectancy of months.

Haha, playing as a Viking, my first 4 sons and a grandson died before i figured out why they die so fast and before their dad.

Now i ban anyone in my family to become a knight, unless he's a doofus grandson that had a hook on me and forced himself on my council without any skill at all, I always hope he dies when i go raiding...

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Anyone know how to reduce the numbers of vassals?

I just conquered France in a holy war, and now got 73/60 vassals. which gives me -65% income & men.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

w0o0o0o posted:

Has anyone else accidentally declared war for the wrong province yet like me?

The new UI is taking some getting used to..

It's more disappointing when you think your fighting a invasion of a whole kingdom, but when you win, after years of fighting, you only get 1-3 provinces.
Double read what you click when you declare war...

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Make dukes, transfer the counts in their duchys to them. If you're empire level, consider making vassal kingdoms.

Yes, I got an Empire (Vestlond) and can make one more (britannia)
I been doing what you said, but..
I think i found a bug ingame, in the succession screen it says i have 71/60 vassals, but in my kingdom it says i have 41 vassals.
I been transferring vassals left and right, but didn't get any reduction. Even gave up the title for France and England without any effect.

Guess it's time starting over, but not building a big empire.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Azhais posted:

Shy Callous and Greedy are goddamned awful

That "My friend is nice to me and I lose 27 stress" event is "My friend is nice to me and I gain 63 stress cause I'm callous" event. Can't talk to people at parties, can't invite new people to court, can't be nice to anyone, can't give away titles or bribe people

:argh:

Don't worry about it, when you hit 100+ stress you get new comping mechanics to deal with the stress :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Seems like you can't use the Decision to Consecrate Bloodline if you have the "Humble" Trait..

Which seems to be a oversight, give me 200 stress, but don't deny me use options like this..
Especially not when I use so much time to gain piety, just to be denied it.
Don't put it in the major decision options for my character if he can't ever use it, duh...

Now.. what else can i use 2500 piety for... Mhmmm...