Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
When I play small, I usually make sure I start as a vassal to somewhere bigger. If I dislike my liege, it gives me ample opportunity to make him miserable. If I like him, I spend a lot of time making sure they're successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
With the new holding court system, have they said if you attend your liege's court if you're a vassal, or is that a top-ruler only system?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is there a way to get better notification when the following happens?

An outside realm or revolt targets your liege in a war to claim land that you own.

My current liege is just in non-stop war mode, and I keep losing lands when people or revolts target lands that I'm holding. Managed to spot a few in the scrolling notifications that targeted may main dutchy, but I have other counties and stuff getting chewed up because I don't inspect every one of his wars.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Unreformed religions can't feudalize, locking you out of good inheritance laws which won't affect you. There's an opinion modifier as well for unreformed.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

On CK2/3 comparisons, I agree CK3 is much better than CK2 was at the same stage of development and will surpass it overall in time. One area where I think it lags behind though is the music. It's absolutely fine - appropriate, atmospheric, etc, but CK2 had music that made sometimes want to play the game almost as much to hear it as to actually play. Horns of Hattin and the Aftermath in particular is one of my favourite bits of computer game music ever.

Yeah, I listen to the CK2 music on its own sometime. It was really well done. The City of Birka just hits this relaxing spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gobblecoque posted:

Being a vassal is fun until someone outside of your liege's realm decides they want your territory. Inevitably your liege will just sit the war out and while you can join the war, you don't get to call in your allies.

Last time this happened to me I didn't even get a notification. I just had a bunch of angry danes running around.