Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
If I am creating my own religion, do i spend piety even on things that stay the same as current religion?

I've reformed the Roman empire, mended the schism as orthodox, and so the next big challenge is creating my own religion. But it seems that even very minor changes from orthodoxy cost like 4k piety when all is said and done.

Also, is there a way to stop receiving the notification that I can create the Italian empire? Don't want to divide the realm into 2 empires, but ill click it off and it shows up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Harold Fjord posted:

Afaik there's no reason not to besides the gold cost and it'll be treated as that kingdom when you die, like in the story above. Is that wrong?

In CK2 at least there was the reason that, depending on your succession laws, your larger empire went to your heir and the other empire to your second born, making a different realm (as opposed to them inheriting a kingdom still under your main empire). Don't know if it would be the case in ck3.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Still on my first play through, so I am struggling with a couple of things.

1- Started as the Byzantine empire, reformed the roman empire. Started getting vassal limit messages, but the only members of court I could transfer vassals to were the pope and the patriarchy. So I did that frequently. It wasn't until later that I realized that the problem was that I was hogging too many kingdom titles. Started giving away kingdom titles to my dynasty, and so now I can transfer vassals to them instead. Except that now the pope and the patriarchy are super powerful. And because they don't have kids its not as if their domains will splinter up through the generations. Any way to get back some of those vassals without incurring a tyranny penalty?

2- My empire encompasses the entire mediterranean. It's huge. But the troops I raise are generally just poo poo. Most of the guides I've seen are for small kingdoms and stuff like improving your men at arms. Is there a way to make it so that my 50k person army isn't just a bunch of scrubs getting owned by much smaller forces?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So I've reformed the Roman empire, control all of Italy, removed all titles from the pope except that papacy. I want to dismantle the papacy (ive mended the schism, and since I have founded my own version of orthodox Christianity), but I don't even get the decision. Not that its grayed out, its just not there. Am I missing something?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Is there a way to prevent a crusade against you from one of your own vassals? The pope is my vassal, has a high opinion of me, I have a strong hook on him, and he is still planning a crusade against me soon. If I arrest him before the crusade sets off can I insta-win the crusade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

KDdidit posted:

I had the Pope as my vassal with a dismantled Papacy but he still called crusades on me. He was the only person that ever joined and whenever the start date came, nothing happened. I was the Roman Empire and mended the schism though, so it would have been his 2500 troops against my god knows how many so it was probably for the best nothing kicked off.

Had you switched to a different religion?
Because I have the exactly same scenario (reformed Roman empire, unified the schism, though I am not orthodox but my new version of christianity) and never got the dismantle the papacy option, and given the conversation above, thought it would not appear to other christian faiths.