Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
CK2 is a game I had a lot of fun playing despite being kind of bad at. Really looking forward to this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Ireland first, as is tradition, and then maybe something in Africa, as I didn't do anything with Africa in CKII, so might as well try something brand new!

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Yay, it downloaded!

And now to get through an 8 hour work day before I can play. :sigh:

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
I feel like I'm missing something obvious but can't figure out what.

How do I set my councilors out doing tasks? I got it to work for my bishop by clicking on the Fabricate Claim button on his picture in the council page and then clicking the place I want him to work on getting the claim on and it popped up a thing on the bottom of how much time he has left working on that. But when I tried the same on the others - for example, the steward for collecting taxes or the marshal for organizing levies - nothing seems to happen.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

some of the options will require you to set a county, and some are just generalized and your councilor doesn't need to be assigned anywhere to get to work

queeb posted:

Yeah most of the top options are just passive.

Oh, good to know! I knew it would be something so simple it just went straight over my head. :downs: Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
So far I've had one king get cancer late in his reign and, in attempting to get cured, lost an eye and was made a eunuch.

Had a son who was beneficiary of the first successful crusade, so Jerusalem had a bisexual atheist king. At last check, over 150 years later Jerusalem is still controlled by members of my dynasty, so good job, son.

Had a king kick the bucket fairly early and his one month old son became the new king. Boy lasted until age 5, when one of his vassals - also a child - became his bully, beat him up, and boy king ended up dying after the wounds got infected.

And my current queen (sister of boy king) spends all her time in taverns and brothels and is probably the greatest ruler the kingdom has had so far and everyone loves her.

I love this game. :allears: