Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

bluegoon posted:

Some rando on my Steam friends list was playing this already, how is that possible?

You can very easily change the name of a non-steam game or program, then launch it through steam, and it will show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Once I get done relearning the easy mode that is the Christian world, then follow that up with the classic Byzantium Reforms Rome and Beats the Not Holy, Not Roman, Not Empire, but after all that I'm interested in doing some cool dumb poo poo elsewhere, and yall are giving some great suggestions.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

MonikaTSarn posted:

I find all those videos unwatchable - every one i tried seems to have weird cuts in the action, with armies jumping around a lot, things happening far to quick. Are they all just playing at a very quick speed without ever pausing when in the character interfaces / responding to events, or are they just cut a lot to keep time down ?

It's not uncommon for devs/publishers/pr agencies to demand that a video only be of a certain length, or only authorising a single video, so they edited a lot in order to tell a better story rather than focus on the game itself.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

I can understand seeing a really nationalist name in the year 2020 and being like "that could go poorly." But I watched him, and it didn't go poorly, so... chill maybe? I learned a thing about Bavaria from it even.

Yeah, that guy actually seems chill and alright.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm not familiar with this.

Alfonso VI hosed his sister.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I'm just gonna set up a timer until the first full nude mods come out, then the anime character mods, and then the nude anime character mods. For a mapgame.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This actually worries me. I LIKED CK2 because it was focused on my character and my family. If I wanna play a nation game I could just play EU4 or any other game. I'm interested in the life of King Cadwgan and his heirs, less so about the Kingdom of Wales. The nation is just a backdrop setting for my character's story.

Similarly, improving the nation side of things really helps increasing the importance of the characters and gives them more to actually do.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

papersack posted:

It's a separate thing.

The Xbox App has a store. The Microsoft Store contains the Xbox App. The Xbox App also contains the Xbox Gamepass (for PC).

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Wonder if the Game of Thrones one will actually reach parity with the CK2 one, given how the show ended and folks seem much less interested in it. It'd be a shame if it never did, because that was a seriously good mod.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

I mean, I never got to play much of that mod, but wasn't it very very geared towards the fans of the books? Tons of the scenarios were set before Robert Baratheon was even born, and I don't think fans of only the show care too much about any ruler before Aerys the Mad King. Plus, Martin just came out with a new Chronology book for the universe relatively recently, so I think it would still have legs.

Yeah, it was very book focused, but the general GoT fandom's kinda died, and GRRM never putting out the next book certainly doesn't help.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Kodo posted:

So playing the Ireland tutorial island, I definitely made the mistake of switching to tanistry succession, not realizing it's not a replacement for a full elective succession.

I only have two sons at the moment, the eldest has a son. My youngest son has the genius trait so I want him to succeed. What's the best way to ensure all my titles go to one son? Should I disinherit the oldest son or will I need to switch back to confederate succession?

Get into a war, assign failson as a knight, hope he dies horribly on the frontlines.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Chewbot posted:

As a duke I'm trying to get in good with my liege. He keeps starting holy wars but when I try to offer to join I can't accept because he's "not defending my faith in this holy war", even though we're both Russian Orthodox. My wife and parents are also Orthodox. What gives?

He's not defending it. He's attacking another faith. If your faith gets attacked you can join in on that.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

marktheando posted:

Yeah it's pretty silly that according to this game, a ruler who creates a vast empire and passes it down to her different dynasty heir is a failure.

That’s not the case. The character is a success. The empire may be a success - that’s tested over time. The dynasty meanwhile, fails, at least the direct line. That’s a non issue in a Paradox game since you can just switch to playing as the different dynasty if you want.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I finished the tutorial last night, but I'm wondering: what stats should each of your councilors have to make them better at their jobs? Some are straightforward like intrigue for Spymaster, devotion for Court Chaplain, etc but what about Court Physician?

Also, should you prioritize direct family members or Strong Vassals for council spots or just pick the most qualified candidates?

Keep in mind that in this period, Learning being linked to both piety and knowledge is due to the Church's hand in education and how closely linked theology and science were, at least that's the broad strokes version of it for the Christian world specifically.

Each council position has a symbol that matches the stat in question, and you'll usually find it auto-sorted in order of skill, prioritising vassals over members of your court.

Make sure your spymaster likes you, for obvious reasons. This might mean it's best to have a family member in that position. Try not to give anybody who is ambitious that job. Definitely don't get an ambitious vassal that job. Never give an ambitious heir that job, unless you really want the rest of your family killed and to switch characters prematurely.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

What are the good mods that offer a different experience? I’ve been playing around with the Sinews of War mod or whatever it’s called. Makes an attempt at MEIOU style economic changes with demographics and poo poo, but I’m not really sure how to interact with any of it. It also seems to radically strip down the MaA system which is a good thing imho

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Hellioning posted:

From the makers of "What if you could play CK3 battles in Mount and Blade Bannerlord?":

What if you could talk to CK3 characters via DeepL machine learning?

I'm shocked this hasn't blown up with people talking about it. Even with the chance of it being fake or lovely, it's still a loving insane example of how AI Dungeon style applications of GPT-2 could affect real rear end games.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

If you could take penalties during your ruler's reign in order to start passing responsibilities to your kid to mitigate Short Reign penalties, that'd be great. A bit more mounting unrest, higher plot power against the heir (and more plot power strength granted to the kid if they get turned against you) plus the risk of negative events due to stats? Maybe it could take giving them a council seat or something, which means you have one less slot for a powerful vassal.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

What's your religious attitude to incest?

New thread title.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Imagine if you were my brother.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

MikeC posted:

I will never understand the incest fetish. The fact that A Perfect Circle, which sounds incredibly difficult to accomplish, has 1% completion rate, and more people have had an inbred child trait than have diverged a culture makes me feel kind of weird about human beings.

I've never done it myself, but it's the reputation the game has, partially due to the reputation the period/nobility has.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

how are y’all affording so many grand weddings all my funds are tied up in my tourney budget

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

gurragadon posted:

CK2 or CK3? I know CK2 has a mod scene, is the CK3 one active too?

CK3 literally has steam workshop support and can do so much more than CK2. I've played fishing minigames and Darkest Dungeon style dungeon crawling. Mods that export battles to Total War Atilla or Mount and Blade Bannerlord. That's not even mentioning the incredible new Game of Thrones or Elder Scrolls mods, and I haven't even touched the Warcraft or LotR ones. Pretty great last days of Rome mods, Sengoku era Japan, and a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

i think papal stuff is coming after the unlanded stuff, since it can tie in nicely with unlanded mechanics