Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I am so incredibly excited for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

After like 2000 hours of CK2 the fact that I feel it might become necessary to play the tutorial in CK3 in of itself already feels promising. Can't this week be over more quickly?? :f5:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm actually surprised and very happy to see all of these mechanics coming in already. I wouldn't ever expect a new game. Like CK3 to have an even comparable amount of content like full DLC CK2, but they really did well here which is a big part why I'm so super hyped for this game to come out and spend the next 2000 hours playing it.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I want to play this right now and I might commit a crime if I can't do so soon. I need this.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

LordMune posted:

It hurts how hyped I am for you all to play the game.

No game is perfect, but this is without a doubt the best PDS release I've worked on (and no the bar isn't low!! Some of Stellaris is good!!!).

Given the amount of hype I'm suffering here, if this game proves to be around 1% as good as I hope (which is around as good as I find CK2), I might want to forcefully marry you for your work. :heysexy:
With all these details and dev diaries and me spending way too much time just reading about the game, I am really, really confident you guys did amazing.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's September 1st on half of the world already. Can we play now?? :f5:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Taitale posted:

I thought everyone knew when it would launch but since people are talking about it

https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/1300695647012581377

AAAAH THOSE MONSTERS, LET US PLAY

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Jose posted:

Oh well since I'll be away from my PC for a week as of tomorrow at least everyone will have longer to form opinions when I next ask :v:

Play it, Jose, play it immediately. It's great.

I mean I haven't played it yet since it's one hour away still, but I'm hyped enough to recommend you to play it. With me, preferably, one of us can be king and the other, you know, the other thing.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

TorakFade posted:

no primogeniture before 1200 then, at the earliest. It's going to be tough :v:

Easy! Just remember to always, always take *good* care of your kids. Preferably kid.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I was seriously worried about this not running on my crappy oldass 2008 machine, but it works like a charm and even though the computer and general surroundings might melt and ignite after 30 minutes of running it, I'm ready to roll those dice. Wohoo!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Stokes posted:

I have spent a majority of my time playing Crusader Kings games as the Norse up in the Norway/Sweden/Denmark area. I kinda want to dip my toe into 867 Africa. I assume there's going to be a lot of religious wars/cold wars? What can I expect?

Yeah, currently covered in African politics over here in my current game. It is... brutal. It may be a coincidence, but the rulers appear very different to each other, most hate each other and they are VERY aggressive. I had three wars in the past five years to defend against and I'm still just a high chief. The religions are more or less intolerant to each other at start, but you also have a lot of room to grow and change this. Since reformation is very difficult here, expect to stay tribal for a long time. Religious wars are the most common ones, the guys here (including myself) don't care about laws or rules of engagement or de jure titles, we just bite each other out of principle.
Resources are generally rare, there are a thousand different independent counties and duchies, all with a few hundred terribly trained troops at best and we just throw them at each other and hope to win. I absolutely love it, way better than the usual Irish catholic start and just as wild as you would early medieval west African politics to be.

Edit: 7 wars now. I forgot to mention that your neighbors jump onto you all at the same time and if one declares war, others do so, too, even though they also have an ongoing war with each other. Time for mass enlisting mercenaries.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Party In My Diapee posted:

Does anyone know in detail how the exclave independence settings work? I put mine at limited naval, but i am not sure if that got rid of the ai taking over counties a big ocean distance away. What would change with putting to significant for example?

In general both the AI and you are always able to acquire exclaves anywhere. What this changes is whether or not you get to keep it. On succession you (or the AI) cannot inherit a title you have on an exclave, depending on the setting. Off allows it to be inherited freely, naval means titles that de jure belong to a title you own are fine as well as exclaves that have a direct naval connection to a county of yours (although I'm not entirely sure what "direct" means in this context, I assume there's a range limit), significant means that there is no inheritance of exclaves at all period, so on succession the title will be lost. You can adjust it whether it's supposed to affect just the AI or everyone. All settings are achievement compatible though.
Afaik if you or an AI loses a title due to this effect, it either goes to the next higher ranking de jure character, or it selects or generates a random character in that county and lands it.