Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Funky Valentine posted:

It's time to bring back the old Egyptian religion.

The weak cults of the modern world shall submit before the blazing glory of Amun-Ra.

If we're bringing back the Khemetic faith then I wanna bring Gaelic-Celtic Paganism back to the Isles, with Dublin as my capital.

Tír na nÓg awaits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Man, I'm hyped for the religious mechanics alone.

Going to play a LOT of pagan characters it seems, and maybe even a few Christian ones just to try making my own heretical faiths.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

teacup posted:

Is it realistic to start as a like, low level ruler and eventually... CONQUER EVERYTHING!? Or is the timing too prohibitive and you’d have to start as a higher level ruler

I know it's definitely been done and is possible, but I'm not sure how to do that besides conquering enough until you're strong enough to fight off everyone vassal above you on your own.

I freely admit I know mostly jack poo poo when it comes to the marriage/inheritance game besides that giving claimants land before you fight for them gives you more land under your control.

The Bold Kobold fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 28, 2020

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

hail sonic of house the hedgehog, first of his name

Aaaaaand I got my first shitpost dynasty idea, thanks!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

How the gently caress are there already mods out for this?

Not only is there a Sunset Invasion one, but there's also a Vampire: The Masquerade and Bronze Age-timed full conversions and it's not even 24 hours since release.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am guessing that going for King of Ireland after the tutorial is a good first game? I will see how far I go.

I'm discovering that picking the 800's start isn't a very good idea for there.

I got the duchies of Munster and Leinster formed, but lost Desmond to the Danes, am being stared at by the other Britannic Ásatrú pretty hungrily, and by the time it occurred to me to try and get marriage alliances to defend myself every powerful character nearby already had all their kids married to other realms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Being tethered to Partition succession for a good long while definitely makes centralizing and becoming super swole take longer this go around.

I am loving about in Andalusia and boy are Muslim casus belli still strong as hell. One question though

How do you reform a religion instead of making a new one? Say I wanted to tweak Muwalladism or what have you.

It should just be a button at the bottom of the window when you open your faith screen on the bottom left of the screen.