Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

Yea I often wind up appointing my mother to my spymaster. They'll usually be around in your court, and they really like you.

Yeah but it stings that much more the few rare times your own mom wants to put you in the ground :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My little person vassal got eated by a big fish :ohdear:

All because I built a carp pond... I had no idea this could happen lol

He was so cool

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

What is going on with the Kingdom of Italy?

Lmao yeah it's mostly Burgundy now. It's been a pretty wild game

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

uPen posted:

Steam's timer isn't super useful if you're someone who will just leave games running while you're doing other things.

Yeah I do the same thing with MMOs. The highest I've racked up is 4000 hours but I probably only really played half that.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I just about never murder anyone because that's scary and I don't want to get in trouble :ohdear:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

M_Gargantua posted:

I keep having my rulers decide that they're secretly witches (Secret from me the player as well!) and constantly inviting more of the house into witchcraft.

Its great when they do this and I am also the head of faith, and get a pop up saying that i've been discovering teaching one of my kids witchcraft. Makes no sense at all.

Similarly I hate when my character dies and I switch to my heir and he's apparently spent his life loving everything up by cheating on his wife with his daughter and plotting to murder his liege while practicing witchcraft or whatever.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

dead gay comedy forums posted:

-- any very cool count level starts? I like working out from tiny territories

Daurama in the 867 start is pretty intense. You're the wife of a man from Iraq who seeks to end your cultures matriarchal system of government and you can either let him or the much cooler option of not letting him do that.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

zoux posted:

Is there a list somewhere of what vassal traits incline or disincline them to rebel? I saw it referenced in a reddit thread but I searched everything I could think of and couldn't come up with one.

I think Craven vassals are less likely to rebel, and Ambitious vassals are more likely to rebel. I don't know where I heard that so take it with a massive grain of salt.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I just did basically the exact same thing but with Norway. I loving hate partition succession so god drat much

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I had one game as the king of Bohemia where it wasn't partition succession and I had a blast for 300 years.

I had another game as the Duchy of Friuli in Italy with house seniority succession that also was fun for about 300 years, ended up as the king of Venice.

Every game I play with partition is lucky to make it through two rulers probably because I truly suck at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Femtosecond posted:

I was playing the game last night and it was borderline playable, and so I quit, and when I did I noticed that there was another instance of CK3 as a background process, taking up poo poo tons of memory? I sat there for minutes after I quit and it was still there. Steam still had the button for "stop playing" instead of "start." Bizarre. It's happened to be once before too. Anyone ever seen this?

The game in general runs fine on my machine but takes like 10 minutes to load because I think I installed it on a hard drive. Going to try to reinstall on my SSD to see how much that improves things.

I've had this happen at least a dozen times over the years of using Steam, unless it happens frequently I wouldn't worry about it.