Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

CK2 is my favorite paradox game and pretty much everything I saw about CK3 looks good. I can't wait to backstab and kinslay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

LordMune posted:

We usually hit the big release button in the afternoon Central European Time, but I don't know if we've announced any exact timing for CK3 yet.
So around None or Vespers

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

orangelex44 posted:

Anyone have their first game planned yet? I think I'm going to try being one of the Viking invaders of England in the early start, it seems like a good chance to test out the new religion mechanics in a relatively, but not entirely, isolated position. My traditional warm-up of Irish petty king -> high king -> crusader king can wait until the second go-round.
Tutorial (Ireland), then I will try some pagan tribal ruler (maybe Norse or whatever is it called in CK3) which I will probably find to be quite hectic. Then maybe Bengal in India, because it was usually quite chill.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 24, 2020

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Fat Samurai posted:

I hope the AI will be less willing to hellwar for years and wreck their entire empire just to prevent you for taking a measly county.
It sounds like something empires would do.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

disaster pastor posted:

Wasn't there a DD or a Q&A where they said the Byzantines have a simplified inheritance structure right now, and expanding that is going to come in a DLC where their goal is to get it much better than CK2 did?
Seeing Byzantines and simplified in one sentence feels unnatural.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

fuf posted:

yeah wtf does this mean
I am assuming three generations of sibling parents.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Whorelord posted:

I'm going to revive the Mazdaki faith and turn the Middle East into a giant Anarcho-Syndicalist Sex Commune.
Huh, I didn't know anything about mazdakism before, I thought it was just another forgotten zoroastrian-gnostic heresy or something. Now I read about it and it's quite interesting.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Anno posted:

Something to listen to at work Friday at least.

https://twitter.com/CrusaderKings/status/1299105614178783234
Thanks for posting this. It sounds more grandiose than CK2, but maybe less "period".

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Swedish Horror posted:

Like sailing down to Rome as the Vikings and just stealing the Pope's clothes.
Then I want to wear all stolen crowns at once, with multiple tiers like ottoman venetian helmet.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Grem posted:

I'm a stupid baby cheater. Will CK3 have console commands?
I don't know whether it was oficially confirmed somewhere, but it's very very likely.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Quorum posted:

So I pre-ordered on the Paradox Store-- they're going to send me a steam key when it comes out, right?
Yes, it should arrive few hours before the release.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I was too busy playing this game to post about it. Well, if I say playing, I mean staring at map for a good while trying to pick some ruler and then mainly losing to some mercenary-using neighbor few years after the start.

It seems commanders might more often die in battles and taking hostages events happen far more often, most wars in my close vicinity were won in this way. And I miss "falsely adopt faith", oh well.

Also, tooltips not staying so I can read them was making me mad for a while.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Go into game and do character search for female rulers and sort by rank. In 867 there's seven:
Nelnesla, a duke in Tibet
Anava, Pemka, and Yalgava are finnic pagans
Sarica is a Bashkir Tengrist
Daurama is the Hausa chieftess of Kano
and Audr is the christian chieftess of Vestisland in Iceland

In 1066 there's a bunch so I'm not gonna list em.
Daurama is also among suggested rulers

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Out of morbid curiosity, I checked mods on the Workshop. There is already Bronze Age total conversion mod, some cheats and... this

They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

England has so many raiders it's hard to find a free, unraided spot. Life is tough as a viking.
Just get in a queue in front of monastery and wait for your turn to loot it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Oh dear me posted:

Filter to eliminate potential spouses who are not fertile enough to give you children
There is a fertility filter in "arrange marriage" or whatever it is called window.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I found that playing Pagan in 867 Burma is rather good start for getting hang of the game. You start with one duchy and you are stronger than your neighbors, so you can safely expand while tending to other stuff.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Charlz Guybon posted:

Syphilis didn't exist in Europe until the Colombian exchange though?
Paradox seems to support pre-Columbian Old World syphilis theory since CK2 for whatever reason. Maybe they just wanted some deadly veneral disease as a risk for lustful/seducer characters.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

canepazzo posted:

Can someone explain succession to me?

I'm in the default, Confederate Partition. I have a kingdom title, 2 duchies, and about 7 counties. I changed the kingdom to Tanistry Elective by decision, my designated heir is getting the most votes but I'm still losing a duchy and related counties to multiple heirs. Do I have to change the succession laws for each title I own? That's a lot of prestige
Yes, Elective is Title succession, it only applies to specific titles, while partitions etc. are Realm succession, they apply to your whole realm and all titles.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 4, 2020

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Communist Bear posted:

if your eldest is a dolt, you're going to have to start stabbing to fix that, which in the case of CK3 now might not match the traits of your current player.
afaik, you can just disinherit them in CK3.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I had a feast and I found my always angry looking wife stabbing someone in the face. Anyway, free strong hook on her.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Two Beans posted:

Meet my mutant-modded immortal possessed evil albino royal family.

Big guy has also founded a death-sex cult with 16 doctrines crammed in there, swapping all the virtue and sin traits. I'm enjoying the third installment of this "sandbox to gently caress with medieval europe" series. I've even figured out how to mod in more nicknames.
Blood Meridian reenactment in CK3

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

This might be dumb question, but what happens to prestige and piety after your character dies? Does an heir benefit in any way from previous ruler's prestige and piety?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Eej posted:

Workaround to Ambitious stress is you don't take any hit if you give titles out to pre existing vassals. It's creating new ones that's the problem. Having gigantic vassals in itself can be a problem of course but that's Ambitous for ya.
I would like to know logic behind this. Thanks, I was unaware of this, I was usually giving titles to some unlanded lowborn randoms too.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Magil Zeal posted:

Battles can be quite lucrative for piety (note this was a bit of an exceptional battle results may vary)

It seems to me the easiest way to get lots of prestige/piety is just to fight a lot, battles themselves can be quite lucrative. Though I think to get piety you need to fight infidels. Not necessarily in a holy war, just fight people of other faiths.
Slaughter indeed.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I wanted to make me 6th or 7th child my primary heir. I set all my previous children as knights/champions and sent them into a battle. Most of them died in one battle or were imprisoned and quickly died in prison. That instantly gave me a lot of stress. Firstborn remained, I was really old and really loved by my vassals, so I just imprisoned and executed her (I had some reason for imprisonment, but I was also forgiving... oops, level 3 stress). Then I realized that my current heir is my grand-grandson and firstborn's grandson and of different dynasty. I killed that child, then her parent or maybe her cousin, who knows and then I gave up. I just wish I understood succession more before I did all of this, lol.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 9, 2020

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

Alright, neat! Do you know if they just keep the tenets they have for the unreformed faith, or do they actually change things up a bit?
AI keeps tenets and doctrines of original unreformed religions. AI also only creates historical heresies.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm up to my fifth (?) character, and I'm just now noticing that, in addition to everything else, there's height. I mean, giants and dwarfs are things, but there's also just ordinary, "some folks are taller than other folks" height. Just because my current king is like, over a head smaller than his father, and looks sort of silly in his armor.

I also don't usually do the "hunt down good genetics for the best traits" thing, but when telling to arrange by alliance power, I notice that one of the most powerful guys I can matrilineally betroth my genius, hale daughter to is himself beautiful..... well, it's really not the sort of opportunity you back away from, now, is it?
I noticed this too on main screen, my current dynasty is almost dwarfish compared to previous one. And when I see potential spouse with good traits that looks like Dolores Umbridge, I rather find someone else.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I abducted my liege thinking I will be able to take his duchy title from him in negotiation or something. But options were still the same, gain weak hook, convert etc., pretty disappointing. So I ransomed him, he was left with 0 gold and I immediately declared war on his title, because I said something funny to pope and he liked me enough to grant me claim on it. Him being financially ruined gave a bit of an advantage at least, I guess.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Oh dear me posted:

This was my sole experience of kidnapping as well. What use is it?
I found some guide that says I can plan abduction and shortly before it fires declare war on the target, abduct him(or her) and immediately get 100% war score from abduction.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 10, 2020

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tamba posted:

Oops, but the other one didn't exist either
There was no state at the time, but Albanian culture should be already there, it's possiblly Illyrian or Thracian in origin, thus predating Slavic tribes in the area and distinct from Greeks.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

My current ruler was given witch trait from his ward. Is it doing anything except for the witch coven decision?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Communist Walrus posted:

It's giving you a secret that others can blackmail you with. I think it's also giving you +1 intrigue and learning along with a +20 relationship bonus for others who're also witches.
Ah yes, but I thought whether it for example adds some option to events like personality or education traits sometimes do. Being witch seems to be less exciting than it seemed to be.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Communist Thoughts posted:

have i installed some kind of hosed up mod or are there normally nude 16 year olds with their tits out?

i've run into some hindu nudist variant and at first it was funny but its really creepy with kids
There is a jainist nudist sect, but anyone below 18 shouldn't be depicted naked in any circumstances, so... yes, it seems you installed some mod.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

shut up blegum posted:

Also all my kids seem to die, there's someone plotting against me but I have no idea who. This game is so much fun!
I would think someone who has claims on your titles, because you took it from them.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Patch 1.1 coming some time next week
https://twitter.com/CrusaderKings/status/1308798899696603136

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Azhais posted:

So you're saying I should always marry lesbians so as to avoid all of the drat seduction schemes with no actual downside?

Is lesbian on the character filter
Your enemies can still fabricate false parentage for your kids though.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

sullat posted:

Yeah, I noticed that my wife was looking really unwell. Who wouldn't after having 7 kids? But she was looking really poorly. Turned out she was both unappetitic and a lesbian, and I hadn't noticed despite being married for thirty years.
Well ok, but this is thread about a game.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

After decades I was months away from gaining one remaing holy site to finally reform my pagan faith, but my ruler contracted bubonic plague and suddenly died even though he had herbalist trait and was cured from it by his physician. *sigh* I think I will play something else for a while. Btw, it also killed my heir's genius wife.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

LordMune posted:

Get yourself some really stupidly long 1.1 patch notes
Yay, thanks

quote:

- It is now practically impossible to abduct someone you're at war with, with a lesser penalty to their vassals/courtiers
Good, this really seemed like cheating.