Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Azhais posted:

If you're just trying to ease yourself into it one of the three castille kings tends to be a pretty chill way to empire

I tried this a couple times (coming off CK2) but I found it way harder in CK3, for some reason. The kill plots against the other kings tend to not gather any traction, everyone is more or less balanced in military strength and allied with each other and the muslim kingdoms in the south tend to coalesce pretty well, so they get rather strong and eat up the christians. I guess I still suck at the game, but I wasn't able to make it work. I'll try some more.

Then I played as Asturias in the earlier start and that was a bit more balanced, but the conquest casus belli made it so half of Spain (and the rest of the coastal kingdoms) was partitioned between Sweden, Denmark and a couple other northern kingdoms, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I have founded holy orders twice now, and the decission to "borrow money from holy order" appears... but I have never been able to use it, because they just never have any money. Doesn't matter they are always contracted and expanding, or that they have a holding for themselves, they will be dry on money.

I think I am being conned by my own holy soldiers.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

BillBear posted:

How come my daughter didn't get her education trait? I had her on steward focus and tutored her for her whole life.

I may be wrong but, isn't that flowery icon a "child" trait? That should have evolved into something else at 16? I think the game got confused and didn't properly assign her a mature personality. She's a genius womanchild.

Edit: she's also bethroted to someone who definitely ain't a child, but I think I see the prompt to marry up there so... no idea

Shellception fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 30, 2021

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

ZombieCrew posted:

There was that one time where i discovered my sisters secret. Apparently she was banging me and i just found out via discreet whispers. Come on!

Well it may not have been exactly the truth at the time but it sure is now, who is going to doubt you in the matter? get her on the paying line :homebrew:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is it possible to find co conspirators to murder? Because I got murdered by a guy that absolutely should not have been able to murder me, and, if possible, I would like to cut a blazing swath of justice through my old court before completely obliterating his pathetic and mismanaged realm.

Opened the thread without really looking which one it was, that second line had me :stonklol:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm very curious what thread you briefly thought you were in.

Some variation of the PYF Unnerving Stories one. Hey, content matched until I actually parsed the information.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm hearing sounds of the ocean even after closing the game.

Not complaining it's very calming but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen.

Same happens to me. I think the game doesn't close as cleanly as it should, sometimes.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Beerdeer posted:

I started a game last night as one of the small states in India. Kind of disappointed it's just like playing in Ireland except for having more religions around.

Same, but for tibetans. First ruler of Ü, converted to the reformed Bon religion, made it to the diplomacy option that gives you 25 extra points to vassalization. Died owning four different kingdom titles, did not even wage war once :confused:. At least each kid inherited a different kingdom, that probably will make the game a tad more interesting.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Nor having a toddler be more competent at accounting/organizing armies/proselytizing than a good chunk of your general population, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

She looks like she knows what she's doing. As long as she doesn't tell herself anything, she'll be fine and dead at the same time. Schrödinger's spymaster.