Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
people finish careers with less time spent, absolute lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there are 8760 hours in a calendar year. so for comparison a person who lives to a ripe old age will sleep 220000 hours in life toto

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean they didn't have electric lighting so they only could work a few hours most days before it got too dark to see.

Also they had like a hundred holidays per year what with all the saints days and what not

I'll bet you some serf had 10k hours of backgammon under his belt.

basic problem is that malnutrition gives you organic brain damage

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
observation 1: force multipliers are exactly that, multipliers, they're nonlinear
observation 2: cascaded multiplication of force multipliers engendered some of the most dramatic poo poo that has ever happened at war. thermopylae was a cascade of force multipliers: rorke's drift, agincourt, you want some agincourt poo poo
observation 3: video game designers never cascade force multipliers, like the cowards that they are

related observation: peeps wanna be dwarf fortress but they don't wanna do no dwarf fortress poo poo

final power = var1 * constant + var2 * constant + var3 * constant is not force multipliers,

final power = var1 * var2 * var3 * constant is force multipliers

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 12, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
cuz its for the eu games

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah its happenin

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
artifacts are comin' this next dlc. prolly some more of the council poo poo too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
infant mortality should also be like 40%

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
testing is a majority of a software projects value to end user. testing is never a majority of a software projects budget. not even close.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think the ck3 counterfactual dlc should be time travelling ancient romans

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

PittTheElder posted:

I'm very very curious to see how this works with the melting pot cultures (and cultures that should be melting pots but aren't).

Also :lol: at one giving a 10% MaA discount, that's a big rear end bonus right there.

i mean, there's pretty op religion tenets too. "hey have this real good cheap cb" "heres a really great way to disinherit children without them trying to kill you too much" etc etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Moon Slayer posted:

I haven't had a chance to read the DD, did they give an ETA for the patch/expansion?

you get lovely or lacking etas or you get leviathan-quality dlcs. pick one lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there really is no joustin and no tourneys in this game

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
sounds like you need to go figure out some marriage alliance

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
... break... betrothal?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
matilda, marry fertile man, befriend pope or get hook on pope to request claim on duchy of lombardy. once you get kingdom and have like 4 kids its just waiting for the exponential explosion of kids. holy order is straightforward then

wording of cheevo kinda makes it sound like you need to do it all in matildas lifetime, but this is not the case

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Communion sure is fun if you can setup your own religion with your player heir as always the head of faith lol

it is important to have it as heir, not yourself. very very important

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they absolutely destroy levies after you have 3 upgrades on like 3 or 4 of their buildings

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
devs are norse hth

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i really feel proper excommunication should immediately invoked two or three existential wars, incl. claimant and independence wars backed by foreign powers

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you squeeze lots of folks for hooks beforehand and forgive them to make yourself feel better about it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
says here pdx has a new ceo (really the old ceo came back)

hopefully doesnt impinge upon games

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/paradox-ceo-quits-over-differing-views-on-the-companys-strategy

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I love that this is literally just a feature stolen from Sims Medieval. And I mean that un-ironically because Sims medieval loving ruled

rimworld stole ck3 religion system. im here for all the stealin

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
drat playing vicky3 already

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kingdom level vassal w enough gold income to makw them a serious threat is basically nothing compared to a fat barony under your control

never depend on vassal income imo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
make up excuses to jail, jail. until you get a good one

or do temporal revocable religion, which is frankly worth making a new religion over

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
paradox is in its 20th year of terrible poo poo ai. do not anticipate it getting materially better in the next decade.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jarvisi posted:

It seems like half the poo poo they add to this game is just for Norse factions which seems really weird

you know where paradox hq is right

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just die

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
tours and tournaments is the other great dlc. otherwise eh

mods are ordered pretty well on steam workshop

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i put a -100 vassal and liege opinion penalty and a -50 general and a -100% levy rate and it gets things going

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a mod for that

and if you want it for difficulty you also wanna pick up inherichance and higher mortality mods. pump out 9 babies and watch 7 of them die just like in real life!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the appointment of peeps into government thing sounds like theyre also preppin for better byzzies

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
might as well call unity asabiyyah directly

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hastilude hard enough and itll turn your maa into space marines, thats what its good for

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
every single grand strategy game i keep track of the community of wants a stellaris-style custodian team. every single one

it really is something that "we will actually fix bugs and deal with old gameplay jank" makes you a world class dev team

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nerf dilligent by making those auto recruit things disabled imo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

gurragadon posted:

They really need to add in more options to make the game more difficult in the game settings. I don't know why there isn't a way to severely limit the number of vassals and the demesne size a character can have. (The current demesne rules dont limit it enough)The de jure liege system doesn't give enough penalties. I think there is a restricted diplomatic range, but it feels less restricted than CK2.

They should put in a mode where death, fertility ages and lifespan are in line with the actual medieval world. Also, I don't know why they took disease off the map, they feel like nothing now. I loved watching the plague creep towards Europe when I was playing CK2.

Taking away the random aspect of fabricating claims makes them much less frustrating, but it also makes it way too easy to fabricate claims and to expand. They should put in options to limit the amount of claim fabrication that can be done in a certain amount of time.

Basically, the game just needs more options to be good IMO. Right now, it's fun for a little bit until you become decent at it in any way, then it becomes trivial.

Hopefully its different enough that it doesn't feel just like Iberia. The main problem I have with CK3 is the everywhere feels the same.

mod for the demesne, mod for the fatality rate, mod for the plague, mod for whacking claims. etc etc. also inherichance. 6-10 mods together can make this a murderously hard game

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mental illness actually does know some ethnicity - white rich westerners have the worst treated mental illness rate, but south african small state peeps have the worst suicide rate. nevertheless, no such thing as an ethnicity entirely without mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they're both at the kiddie table. big boys table starts at like a million dead imo