Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
I did as the tutorial suggested and married my son off to some faraway princess, he got captured in some siege and he's been imprisoned for a few years, his wife mysteriously getting pregnant in the meantime.

Now, he's my only son and I need him out of jail and to get busy making some more heirs. But his jailer is too far away to interact with, so how can I get him out? Also is it possible to get him to divorce his wife or will I have to assassinate her? The infidelity doesn't bother me so much as the distance, I need to find him a wife a bit closer to home, England or Scotland maybe. Divorce should be possible with the Popes approval, but I'm not finding any option to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Something very strange happened, when I saved and quit for the evening yesterday my heir was imprisoned by the Aftasid Emirate, and had been for a couple of years. Now on reloading he suddenly isn't imprisoned, and isn't in any of the previous years auto saves either. Any ideas what could have happened?

Is there a way to access all the dismissed logs?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get more levies per month

My Martial perks are almost maxed out, just missing 4 in strategist.

After a few months this will go down to 0 again until I conquer something, then it spikes up to 50-110, and then slowly dwindles back down. Is there just a set limit so once I have the levies from each realm I just don't get any more? Is it impossible for me to get all the way up to 6k levies?

I made the mistake of giving 5 titles to republic vassals which don't contribute as much, but feudal realm size is 19, Theocratic 2 and Tribal 6

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Does it really matter if my heir is illegitimate, so long as I don't look to hard in to it? He looks nothing like his father and his mother is a known fornicator, but he's got pretty good stats, only 9 and already 13 diplomacy. Trying to google this just seems to lead me down some pretty MGTOW alleys.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

Bold Robot posted:

Is war contribution bugged for wars that you are called into by an ally? I've done most of the heavy lifting in a couple of defensive wars to keep my dynasty on a nearby throne, but have gotten 0% contribution both times.

This happens to me too but seems to only be in liberty wars. Wars for claims always give contribution.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
What's the most efficient way to deal with this situation? I have the Empire of Alba, and claims on all of the land belonging to Norway, formerly Kingdom of Danelaw. But it looks like the fastest way to reclaim all of Britania is to wage 8 Seize De Jure Duchy wars, which would just take way too long with the constant truce. I have the "Divine Right" innovation but that works only on "Your Claims"

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

Glass of Milk posted:

I found that my Ducal vassals liked to take over these lands when they could as well, so if you're not holding all the duchies then they should help you out.
Presumably I'd have to change their contract to allow them to wage war? There might be a few claimants among my vassals.

Tippis posted:

It's Crusader Kings.
The answer is always murder.

This looks to be the best way, at least with my new rulers 21 intrigue. I've killed 2 Norwegian kings so far, and now that I'm just killing toddlers it goes pretty smooth.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

I'm new at this assassination thing, what's the best way to go about killing her? My last couple targets were all at 80-95% chance which I just assumed was due to my high intrigue, but they seem to just have had a bunch of potential agents already without me noticing. I didn't even have any hooks that I was aware of - maybe they were just very disliked?

I read somewhere that fabricating hooks on their spymaster is good, but how can I see who their spymaster is? Should I just target the highest intrigue members of their court/vassals?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
She is not my liege, I just need to get rid of a truce. But that potential agents button in intrigue solves it, I didn't actually have the scheme going before so I didn't see the option.

Looks like the only way to see who the spymaster is is by hovering over the success rate in potential agents, highest success rate booster was her spymaster, though she is not listed as such under the queens court.

And she can be bribed :twisted:

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
I'm relatively new to the CK games and I'm trying to reform a religion, Ásatrú, for the first time. I saw the popup warning that the beliefs can never be changed once reformed, so I was wondering if that only apply to tenants or is the whole thing set in stone after reformation?

I was going to just start out with gender equality, but I guess I'll be needing more. I was intending to finish off creating the Scandinavian Empire, and I'm not too far off, and then just sit back and play the dynasty game. What else should I change in Ásatrú to make that fun? I'm not sure if I'll be needing blót after reforming for example, but probably still be conquering kingdoms outside my boarders to give to my family and make independant, so warmonger is still useful I think. Keep in mind my ruler is 55 years old so I might not be able to get a boatload more of piety.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

TjyvTompa posted:

You will see that when you form the empire the real game begins, good luck keeping it together. You will need it :)

PittTheElder posted:

That said, in the future you are free to reform it again and convert to Protestant Asatru or whatever you want to call it later on.

Thank you, these are both good news. Looking forward to it.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
How exactly do I make money after feudalizing? My previous ruler feudalized the Scandinavian empire, and his heir after taking over has been forced to mobilize the army way more than I thought, and is in constant debt. I can no longer raid for money, and my army is costing me an arm and a leg. I'm going down the steward tree but it's not helping, and my organized ásatrú head of faith doesn't have any gold to give out.

Here's the economic situation:

Do I just need to give in to every faction demand to not raise my army and focus on building up wealth at a snails pace of 6.6 gold per month?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
With Scandinavian elective on duchies is the election winner guaranteed to get the capital county as long as I own it? I have an election for the Scandinavian Empire, Kingdom of Norway, Kingdom of Denmark & Duchy of Víkinn, rest is partition. Last succession my heir only got the empire capital county of Skane, and nothing in Víkinn. But I realized later I mixed up which county was the duchy capital, so it may have actually belonged to a vassal.

Now my current ruler is close to death and I'm in a similar situation, but I own all the counties in those duchies. But I have something like 20 children. Will my grand-child candidate end up with 2 counties this time, or only the empire capital?

Edit: Incidentally, is there some way to preview inheritance split?

sloppy portmanteau fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 16, 2022

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Is there some mod to make demanding payments for hooks less clicky? Maybe only show me the ones which have enough money to pay full price or somesuch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Doing my first ironman game, and trying to "play tall" as bohemia in 867. I immediately converted to Catholicism but I'm having some trouble with these pesky pagans to the north. It won't hamper my innovation/development progress to conquer those lands, so long as I don't convert their culture, right? I'm thinking I do that and keep them for a generation before handing them out to dynasty members and make independent again.

Is there some other way to spread Catholicism? I gather you used to be able to kidnap rulers and force convert them, but no longer.