Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
I've married a group of lovely women with claims on the kingdoms of Norway and Sweden and the Byzantine Empire.

However, when I attempt to declare war to press those claims, they simply don't appear in the claims list. The Norwegian girl has a few other claims, which I can press, but the Swedish and Byzantine ladies simply return an empty drop-down menu.

What's going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.

Azhais posted:

I assume it's the same as ck2 where you can only press a women's claim if the place is in regency

This seems like the problem. I was able to press the duchy claim, as the duchy was ruled by a child at the time.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
I almost flipped out because my cloud save (1066 Ireland, currently Messalian Irish emperor of Britannia, date around 1300) got corrupted.

Protip: if you disable cloud saves in the Steam settings, you can copy the "last_save.ck3" file from your local directory and resume play, potentially having lost only a few years instead of your entire legacy.

Also, did the crusade timer get reduced? The Pope has declared a crusade for (Messalian) Danelaw (an early plot to marry a son off to a Danish claimant to England ended up with the Danes permanently renaming the country) four times in the last 80 years. Each time, the invaders get thrown back into the sea, but they invariably return within 20 years. For some reason my religion loses fervor when I repel a crusade, which is the opposite of how it worked in CK2, where a failed crusade would lead to heresies popping up all over the place because God does not favor the faithful.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.

sdr782 posted:

Thank you for this, my game crashed recently and I couldn't load my autosave due to it corrupting. I would have been crushed to lose my Bohemia run I had been playing for 20 hours. Is this corrupting save file issue linked to the steam cloud?

It looks like other cloud platforms are having the same problem.

however

The effect of the workaround is that the last_save.ck3 file you've just copied to your save directory will not update correctly. I don't know why, but I lost about fifty years of play due to this. So after you play that particular game, make sure to recopy the last_save.ck3 file that was created in your home directory.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.

Hæsteinn of Nantes (now Hæsteinn of Montaigu) is still as goddamned broken as ever.

I invaded King Charles of West Francia, seeing that he had no allies. Then he allied with the other Karlings and the Basileus. gently caress, I thought. Might be time to restart.

Baited him into attacking me over a river and took him prisoner, immediately winning the war. King of West Francia within 8 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
I think the crusade timer was shortened from 30 to 20 years. What's especially confusing is that winning a crusade lowers your religion's fervor and raises that of the loser. So being victorious in holy wars... sends a sign that God doesn't favor you and you should convert? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯