Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone else actually disliking the new UI? I miss some of the lighter colored backgrounds with the color of parchment paper, the new UI looks like the forums on darkmode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
aw gently caress I just learned that CK3 has WASD camera movement, and that legit may push me over the edge to buy it

unbelievable they didn't add WASD camera options to CK2

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Can you transition a save from singleplayer into multiplayer and vice-versa?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
So this has been out a while now - whats the final verdict compared to CK2 with all the DLC? Should I hop in now or should I be waiting for a patch/dust to settle still?

Whats the biggest improvements people like? And what feels like it's missing from CK2?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

crazysim posted:

There's currently a bug where unlanded heirs do not choose a lifestyle. This means they don't accumulate perks while you're ruling.

It's such a painful bug!

yikes, is there a mod that fixes this yet?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
are the anti-aliasing options broken in game? they don't seem to do anything. all of the characters look funky as hell, almost as if they were rendered at some low res and the upscaled

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Donnerberg posted:

That sounds like texture filtering being too low or not working. It makes things pop more. They're flat and terrible when it's disabled.

Anti aliasing is more about removing rogue pixels. FXAA is significantly worse at its job than the other one that goes to x8, at least for me at 1080p.

Do you have a screenshot? If you focus on a Norse in chainmail, that's a good model for comparing settings.

in action:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1742303610498863315/F14BCAA90D2298B74EBC18E7BA70098BB4042815/
settings:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1742303610498861027/E8F8AC145C7FC16F48E392FF4B787E0A29ECD831/

The red beard guy really shows what I'm seeing, his beard looks like it was laminated and his bear and helmet look like they have a halo of white pixles drawn around them as a highlight or outline. For some reason it's driving me crazy.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
ok I kind of figure that would be the case, I'll just get used to it. I think it's one of those things where if I wasn't already used to the 2d static art from CK2 it wouldn't be a big deal, but instead my brain sees CHANGE?? NO LIKE CHANGE and it didn't give a good first impression due to all my CK2 hours.

probably doesn't help that I've also been playing a lot of Three Kingdoms Total War which has incredible 2d character art.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chin Strap posted:

Has there been any discussion of if the console versions mean we will get proper controller support on PC version too?

Let's hope so, but Stellaris got a console port and no controller support on PC. :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the story with updates and patches for ck3? I haven’t really been watching it too close but it seems like there is away less activity than ck2.

I know paradox is going for less #, but larger expansion type expansions but it seems like they haven’t said or shown much about the royal court deal

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Excited for a release date, let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Mods are gonna go buckwild with the court stuff, just like the two big mods that add more hats and clothes styles rule

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Paradox: Why not both?

boo this man

(but yea)

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Hellioning posted:

From the makers of "What if you could play CK3 battles in Mount and Blade Bannerlord?":

What if you could talk to CK3 characters via DeepL machine learning?

incredibly dope idea

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Any other weirdos like me looking forward to the console release today? I think it would be a pretty cool experience to play chilling on the couch with a controller. If the new controller interface comes to pc that would be top tier too.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Tatsuta Age posted:

trip report on the xbox version

- initially no sound or music, had to force quit and restart the game, then it worked
- it says it's linked my paradox account, but it looks like achievements are not carried between them, as xbox has their own achievement system
- no cross play at all, so you can't start on PC and move to xbox, which is a huge bummer and kind of my main use case I had planned
- looks to be multiple versions behind, as playing a quick game as count eudes, I couldn't do "meet peers" interaction (just not there at all)
- autobattle seems kind of neat, but I presume the AI is terrible
- UI didn't seem that bad and is probably fine with some getting used to, but obviously much harder to at a glance everything than on PC with mouse
- very good performance and no real lag at all anywhere; also the game makes my GPU sound like a jet engine on PC and was totally silent on xbox

overall I'll give it some time and revisit, but probably not going to get too far into it

They claim the console version will catchup to PC and that all future content releases will be simultaneous. We shall see about that.

Crossplay would be the bomb though

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Was I dreaming when I saw a mod for Ck3 that adds a whole new play style for unlanded/adventurer characters? I swear I saw something that had even like mini game dungeon crawling but now I can’t find it in the workshop.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone know how the new dlc works (or not) in multiplayer?

If the host owns the dlc does it unlock the events for all the players?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Does the Royal Court DLC do anything if you are not a King or Emperor?

Like if I'm a duke and have the DLC does my King ever summon me to his courtroom or anything like that?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Ah cool thanks for the info. The favor asking from your liege does seem good.

We are looking to start a count and duke playthrough, probably in France. Anyone got any recommended mods or settings for staying as minor lords?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
How is Muslim ruler gameplay right now on ck3 compared to ck2? Thinking about praising ol Allah for my next run, but I’ll skip if its only half baked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is multiplayer still hosed in CK3 since the T&T update?

I'm leery of convincing my group to get back into it only for us to be getting desyncs all over the place