Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Poorly informed and tweaked the gently caress out is no way to go through life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Harald posted:

does anyone else think that john krasinski (in his prime) would have made a good Wayne Gretzky, like dang they really missed a casting oppportunity there

That's gonna be a no, from me, dog.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Hope you are prepared to be canceled OP.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Management posted:

Hoist by my own retard

Oh man .. I bet they love this kinda thing at work op

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Maybe DM them explaining your doing a bit.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Oh man .. I bet they love this kinda thing at work op

They would not be pleased. That’s why I don’t say this kind of poo poo at work.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I would have been fired so fast if my SA posts got out I would have redshifted
Or blue shifted, whatever

But I'm now unemployed thank god

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Management posted:

They would not be pleased. That’s why I don’t say this kind of poo poo at work.

Because it's grammatically incorrect, right?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
show them you are SA account

they'll probably have you committed

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
I have never trusted my coworkers with anything other than work and i have never told anyone at any job i worked anything more than extremely vague bullshit, and so my magic internet fursona is safe from prying eyes.

Like normal people get married and poo poo with their coworkers, wtf

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I had to delete my Telegram after the app started revealing all my coworkers fursona names to me through their phone numbers from my address book, I wasn't ready to handle that kind of information

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

delete your entire twitter. At this point you don't even have to be racist to get in trouble, if you say something somewhat silly or flippant about a serious topic your professional life is done for.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
You gotta feel out who’s cool before you reveal anything, that’s for sure. I have never ever revealed to any colleague that I’m a goon, even though I suspect some of them are as well.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

No social media for me, but I do have to listen to my coworkers complain about getting 2 am Snapchats from the lady on noc shift

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
That's why I only post on the something awful dot forums dot com. They'll never find me here :twisted:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mooey Cow posted:

That's why I only post on the something awful dot forums dot com. They'll never find me here :twisted:

U should get a promotion for ur posts!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Caesar Saladin posted:

delete your entire twitter. At this point you don't even have to be racist to get in trouble, if you say something somewhat silly or flippant about a serious topic your professional life is done for.

Honestly, OP, this person is not wrong. Obviously not everyone who says something unacceptable on Twitter gets their life ruined, but it's not just celebrities who get cancelled. If you're on Twitter doing ironic bigotry* and someone wants to turn you into an example, they'll have a much easier time than if they went after an established comedian with loyal followers and a reputation for irony.

*I don't think you actually said what kinds of things you post on Twitter, but this is my best guess. If I'm right, I want you to really consider why you gravitate toward this kind of humor. No, I'm not implicitly accusing you of actually holding bigoted views; rather, I think edgelord humor is one of the lowest hanging fruits. Nobody feels better after hearing/making a bunch of jokes in this style. Use sparingly, and make sure you *really* understand your audience.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Edgelord humor is garbage, and ironic racism and bigotry are still bigotry. My Twitter is mostly boring tech talk and shouting obscenities at republicans.

I’m not going to get fired for any of this. The point is not that I’m saying terrible things on the internet. Sometimes I say blunt things that I would not express at work because overly sensitive idiots are going to get their feelings hurt, and I choose not to associate with those people outside of work. It’s a good system. But when they read and reply to my tweets, the system breaks down.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

The Management posted:

The point is not that I’m saying terrible things on the internet. Sometimes I say blunt things that I would not express at work because overly sensitive idiots are going to get their feelings hurt

:thunk:

Ok, ok, I think I get it. You work with a bunch of Republicans who try to engage with your raging Twitter posts? Fair enough, you won't get fired. Do they try to engage with you at work? Or talk about you behind your back, that sort of thing?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

LargeHadron posted:

:thunk:

Ok, ok, I think I get it. You work with a bunch of Republicans who try to engage with your raging Twitter posts? Fair enough, you won't get fired. Do they try to engage with you at work? Or talk about you behind your back, that sort of thing?

what are you doing here?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Management posted:

Edgelord humor is garbage, and ironic racism and bigotry are still bigotry. My Twitter is mostly boring tech talk and shouting obscenities at republicans.

I’m not going to get fired for any of this. The point is not that I’m saying terrible things on the internet. Sometimes I say blunt things that I would not express at work because overly sensitive idiots are going to get their feelings hurt, and I choose not to associate with those people outside of work. It’s a good system. But when they read and reply to my tweets, the system breaks down.

You'll still get fired or denied a job for it

People bullshit all the time about whatever, and how they're cool with separating their personal lives from professional. If anything you've said online that's tied to your real name or accounts connected to it is something you'd say to "Stevie the dude from whatever" at the coffee station that you wouldn't want HR hearing, well...

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

The Management posted:

Airtight logic right there, hhmmm yes indeed.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

yikes! posted:

what are you doing here?

I seem to have lost my way looking for E/N

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I used to post on the internet but then I grew the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

LargeHadron posted:

I seem to have lost my way looking for E/N

Agreed. This thread is bad and op is an idiot