Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Caesar Saladin posted:

delete your entire twitter. At this point you don't even have to be racist to get in trouble, if you say something somewhat silly or flippant about a serious topic your professional life is done for.

Honestly, OP, this person is not wrong. Obviously not everyone who says something unacceptable on Twitter gets their life ruined, but it's not just celebrities who get cancelled. If you're on Twitter doing ironic bigotry* and someone wants to turn you into an example, they'll have a much easier time than if they went after an established comedian with loyal followers and a reputation for irony.

*I don't think you actually said what kinds of things you post on Twitter, but this is my best guess. If I'm right, I want you to really consider why you gravitate toward this kind of humor. No, I'm not implicitly accusing you of actually holding bigoted views; rather, I think edgelord humor is one of the lowest hanging fruits. Nobody feels better after hearing/making a bunch of jokes in this style. Use sparingly, and make sure you *really* understand your audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

The Management posted:

The point is not that I’m saying terrible things on the internet. Sometimes I say blunt things that I would not express at work because overly sensitive idiots are going to get their feelings hurt

:thunk:

Ok, ok, I think I get it. You work with a bunch of Republicans who try to engage with your raging Twitter posts? Fair enough, you won't get fired. Do they try to engage with you at work? Or talk about you behind your back, that sort of thing?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

yikes! posted:

what are you doing here?

I seem to have lost my way looking for E/N