Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who moves on to the conference finals?
This poll is closed.
Vegas 36 16.67%
Vancouver 15 6.94%
Dallas 26 12.04%
Colorado 26 12.04%
New York 27 12.50%
Philadelphia 21 9.72%
Tampa Bay 29 13.43%
gently caress Boston 36 16.67%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I haven't been paying attention to the VGK but is it time to bring in MAF because I would love to see him step up and win game 7. Or let in hilarious goals.

MAF is playing game 7 I beleive. It's not so much that they have any issue with Lehner, just that they have two starters and going back to back when that's the case is madness.

If Markstrom is healthy I'd start him over Demko tonight, even after Demko's nutso couple games.

E: this is only the 5th time in team history the Canucks have won seven playoff games in the same season.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man nutso is right, a .990 SV% is a hilarious stat.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Toaster Beef posted:

The Flyers are either going to lose like 6-0 or they're going to lose 2-1 to a goal in the late third. No lesser heartbreak will suffice.

AV will challenge an obvious call to ensure the flyers are victorious.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

AV will challenge an obvious call to ensure the flyers are victorious.

I can't get over that.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man nutso is right, a .990 SV% is a hilarious stat.

The Canucks looked okay in games 3 and 4 and lost them both then downright dreadful in games 5 and 6 but won them both. This has been a weird series.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
If Myers takes a penalty and AV challenges a goal in the same game, who wins? Does the game go on forever so the laws of the universe aren't disrupted?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
May be I'm missing something, but why force Canucks/Knights to play back-to-back? Why not have a game 7 triple-header tomorrow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Kite posted:

May be I'm missing something, but why force Canucks/Knights to play back-to-back? Why not have a game 7 triple-header tomorrow?

Demko must die.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

They announced the schedule like this back when the players striked for a couple days. The league is moving everyone to the Edmonton bubble so presumably want an extra day to prepare.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bowness told the media today that The Big Rig has been really great this series. Let's take a quick look at the first two goals from game 6 (that came after the Stars took a 1 goal lead). The Bad Oleksiak is #2 if you're following along at home.

Huh, knock a guy into your keeper while the other team is about to shoot. Okay, so he's completely to blame for that one but maybe it was just a fluke. Everyone has their moments!

Bad start, but I'm sure he'll make up for it by staying in position and playing smart D. Let's look at the second goal:

Ah, doing your Elvis Stojko impression in the wrong direction setting up a wide open spot in front of the net. At least tha didn't... oh, they did score. Cool.

Well maybe coach saw how he almost singlehandedly took a lead and handed it to the Avs and eased off his minutes for the rest of the ni..

Oh, he played 21 minutes? And he played most of the 3rd period? And he was on the PP?

Cool cool cool. Totally normal and fine.

Bowness, probably posted:

I personally see no harm in anchoring him to Miro and plaing him 20+ mins in all critical situations in game 7.

gently caress

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The only Big Rig is Pat Maroon wtf

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And I can't find the tape but at the end of the 1st when the Stars were basically running their powerplay 5v5 owning the zone they got a full change in and after everyone got set up that loving moron, I poo poo you not, took a slapper at an open corner to ??? and immediately turned it over for a chance in the other direction. Then in the 3rd when the game was still in reach and the Stars were cycling with good possession, he got the puck on the blue line and instead of passing to, I dunno, Seguin, Radulov, Benn, or Klingberg, he charged at the net and let a feckless wrister go, missing the net and turning the puck over resulting in a goal the other way about a minute later. Thi bozo is making Roman "Roman loving Polak" Polak look serviceable

gently caress JAMIE OLEKSIAK

e: and gently caress Bowness too. I guarantee he's going to try and play some shelled in defensive bullshit tonight and lose 3-1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How is Pat Maroon a big rig? He's only 3 inches taller than Adam Cole.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

maybe he's just mad because Zadorov is pantsing him, which is saying something because big Z has certainly made his fair share of, shall we say, questionable defensive decisions this series

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Fire Jim Nill imo

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The isles out shot the flyers 50-20 in regulation yet the game went to OT because the goaltending matchup is as lopsided one way as the skater matchup is the other way

Don't see how greiss isn't in for varlamov in game 7, varlamov has the easiest job in hockey yet is still getting beat by at least one unscreened shot from outside the circles every game

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Iodised QQ posted:

The isles out shot the flyers 50-20 in regulation yet the game went to OT because the goaltending matchup is as lopsided one way as the skater matchup is the other way

Don't see how greiss isn't in for varlamov in game 7, varlamov has the easiest job in hockey yet is still getting beat by at least one unscreened shot from outside the circles every game

Something I didn't realize: Until last night, neither team had a SOG advantage for the series. They'd both taken 157 shots. In watching this series, I'd have sworn the Islanders were dominating SOG (with the exception of game four).

'course now they're up by 22, so.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Chieves posted:

Fire Jim Nill imo

He did one smart thing and that was shipping THE BIG RIG!!! the gently caress out of town for a 4th. Only to trade back for him for the same pick and a raise.

Nill you loving caveman, I'm 6'6 245 and am completely incapable of playing hockey, can I get 20 mins a night? I'll settle for 18 mins due to being an inch shorter. You absolute imbecile. You dog fucker. gently caress you.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

Something I didn't realize: Until last night, neither team had a SOG advantage for the series. They'd both taken 157 shots. In watching this series, I'd have sworn the Islanders were dominating SOG (with the exception of game four).

'course now they're up by 22, so.

That doesn't surprise me, in general the isles aren't a great corsi team because they collapse hard in their own d zone and give up lots of point shots which generally don't go in until this series, through a combination of bad varlamov and some quality flyer deflections.

In my very biased opinion I think the isles have been the better team a majority of the series, although the flyers have had a couple of dominant periods of like 17-3 in shots where they controlled play that definitely narrow the SOG gap

I would guess high danger chances are in favor of the isles though, as they seem to be living around the slot and net on Hart while the flyers are content to take a bunch of blue line wristers and go for tips

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Iodised QQ posted:

In my very biased opinion I think the isles have been the better team a majority of the series, although the flyers have had a couple of dominant periods of like 17-3 in shots where they controlled play that definitely narrow the SOG gap

This is totally accurate. There have been very few consecutive periods where I thought the Flyers were in control.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Game 7 overtime coming up in the Stars/Avs game. Tune in if you’re able for pure playoff overtime chaos hockey

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The only Big Rig is Pat Maroon wtf

uh this is not how to spell Chris Phillips

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1302020070185598976

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Sometimes hockey is good to us.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Never heard of him.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Eff

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
N: DALLAS.

V: STARS.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

OldSenileGuy posted:

N: DALLAS.

V: STARS.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1302023733129940993

agents of chaos

no situation is too weird, no horseshit too intolerable, no coach firing for boozing, no dead player no box eating no force exists yet to temper them

thrive

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Vegas -Stars
the battle of teams that fired their coaches

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DOOMocrat posted:

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1302023733129940993

agents of chaos

no situation is too weird, no horseshit too intolerable, no coach firing for boozing, no dead player no box eating no force exists yet to temper them

thrive

i was about to say, that Gretzky hat trick was the "piano on his back" game against Toronto

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JoelJoelJoel

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

i was about to say, that Gretzky hat trick was the "piano on his back" game against Toronto

Ah yes, the day my childhood died.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
That last goal was basically gassedhockeyplayers.gif (four Avs players, one Star player, lmfao), but it still owns; that game owned.

https://twitter.com/tengland_150/status/1302020363182837762

MoaM fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 5, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1302028693313789952?s=20

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
That's a good call, lmfao.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
NBC is terrible, is the moral of the story

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yeah.
I jumped shipped to the French broadcast this year...from what little I've seen I like Bieksa though!

Some horrible, awful combination of our collective COVID March-July-[UNDETERMINED] quarantine + Kenny actually getting the bubble to work in Edmonton + TRUAAAAAMP just made me face reality.

---------------------

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/1302039270434246657

MoaM fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 5, 2020

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ok, last post about this win that I didn't want to happen:

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/1302040413017079808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003