Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Looks cute, I'm looking forward to it.

And I think it's kinda funny that you're using Lisp for this. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Shinmera posted:

Aw, thank you very much!
That's pretty. The lines are a bit jagged and too intense, but overall it's pretty.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Joey Steel posted:

I don't have much to say, but I'm deffo following this. Neat to watch the development of a game project.
Same!

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Digging that stretching/idling animation.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Didn't expect valve to check anything manually nowadays. What with their shop offering me anime dating games (no english language support) for "strategy games" and all such.

Shinmera posted:

I did start on a lore document in the meantime, but it's pretty brief still.
Postapocalyptic tunnel-dwelling societies? Any intentional influences from Metro, or just coincidence?

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 6, 2020

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

This looks like he has a huge blue dong hanging out. I think it's where the thigh of his left leg starts.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Shinmera posted:

[movement-AI]
Out of curiosity: How does your AI tell if it needs to jump or not? Pattern recognition? "Oy, there's a drop but i must get [to my left]"? Or just good old-fashioned waypoints?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

I like the ruined office (?) or the mushroom graphics, they trigger some deep nostalgia in me.

The mixed lighting styles seem kinda awkward, though. There's some very soft blue lighting in the office screenshot, and that contrasts with the hard (real-time?) lights elsewhere. Doesn't seem to be intentional, just an artefact of one being real-time and the other drawn manually.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Do you have any idea how you'll integrate drawings like these into the game? Loading screens or something?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

I'm feeling some Black Mesa vibes here.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Just played the demo for a bit.

I really dig the art and ambient music. The line art of portraits you've posted in the thread always looked a bit aliased to me, but the lineart of the ingame portraits is smooth.

The combat controls are a bit floaty, and I guess the keyboard control layout seems to be very one-handed. I've noticed that I've got some very old muscle memory for such controls, so I've adjusted to it after a minute or two.

I desperately need a panic button for menus. ESC doesn't seem to always get me out of menus, just... sometimes?

And I always like "yes, i'm a traitor"-options in dialogues.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

It was the where I should pick some health item.
I'm not completly sure, would that be the "quick menu"?

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 13, 2022

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

So. Uh. You're kinda building your own ecosystem of game libraries, right?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Since you seem to be in the final months before release: Any idea about your expected playtime?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

This is the day where I learn that the Gamescom isn't in Leipzig anymore.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

I feel old now, thanks.

Congratulations on your progress!

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 9, 2022

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Bought it, and switched the game language to german.
After some bad typos ("meißten", "Weitzen", "Do (instead of Du)") i switched back to english.

However, in-game-dialogue is still partially german and the quests aren't renamed.
Doesn't feel high-priority, since switching languages back and forth isn't really a common thing.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 15, 2023

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

The exploration works quite nicely. Digging the vertical world layout.
I guess the camp will get some form of fast travel, based on the train station at it's eastern end?

Seconding that soundtrack having a touch of Nier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

I'm getting constantly killed by elevators.
Maybe i should stop constantly recalling elevators while climbing shafts.

The spikey puzzles can get frustrating, but thanks to your accessibility options they're never gamekillers, so i'm having fun.
Did you consider an automatic babby mode, like some mario games have?
"You died 10 times in a row, maybe you're dumb. Want some cheats enabled for this level/location?"