Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Everyone knows aliens now grow absurdly fast. Like 1hr from infancy to full adult bio mass be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

This last episode actually made me feel happy, which is weird because the show's tone is so grim and serious. They've settled on who the "good" characters are now and I like that they're being kind to each other. Other shows just ride the morally-gray "both sides" crap all the way through and you end up rooting for no one.

when (post e5) Father drops Mother into the pit and Mother says "Father?" just before he catches her with that one twitching finger

i really love how Mother's character has developed, Amanda Collin's performance is Toni Collette tier IMO. i thought she was an obvious villain from ep1 and now find myself rooting for her and hoping she stays a character for the rest of the series. she straddles the uncanny valley line between hyperadvanced goo android and actual human amazingly well. the way she says "Campion" (I guess w a lil autotune), how she interacts with other androids and technology, some of the head tics she's shown, how she wrinkles her brow when she's talking to Tempest, the strange vocal cadences, the slightly unhinged appearance pulled back immediately into an unnerving calm when she shows anger with the children, its just a consistently excellent portrayal for a very complex role in every scene.

can't wait for s2

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 26, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Everyone needs to take a loving shower already tho.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that was all literally presented in the first episode and has been the glaringly obvious theme the whole time? if you're not into that stuff how did you get 9 episodes in?

I mean, the first episodes had the Mithriac religion as a central theme but like, it was just a religion and nothing more. Maybe it's my personal world view (I'm a non-believer) but I was fine with the Mithriac religion as a Thing in the show because to me it's just background lore that they used to justify killing each other. The first episodes were establishing the atheist vs Mithriac conflict and humanity's flight from Earth. IE: humans killing each other.

It wasn't until these last episodes that we find out that no the Mithriac religion is like, a real thing, with some kind of magic space god, and now there is a magic space jesus baby. This story is now just another rehash of a miracle baby/virgin birth/savior of the world/prophecy story and that's just unoriginal and boring.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 26, 2020

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm thinking we're gonna see powered up necrospragnar and i'm tuned the gently caress in.

loving poetry.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Imagine if instead of making Prometheus/Covenant the movie they made it episodic and not suck(as much).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

we gotta mithraic true believer, get'im Mother