Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
I'm surprised none of the "muh plot hole" nerds complaining about what is possible managed to get relativity right. If 13 years passed for the people going in the ship, then it means they were close to the speed of light, but not as fast or faster than light... If they were going at light speed, then it would not have been 13 years, but instant.

They would have to be going less than the speed of light to experience 13 years while travelling so that someone from Earth's perspective would experience as millions of years (distance to kepler in ly is only 638 so they would have to be going way slower than light) due to time dilation.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

edit - thought kepler was further away, so even more applicable.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Sheriff Falc posted:

I can't remember her ever swapping between two sets of blue eyes, I only remember her having one set of blue (murder) eyes which ostensibly (but it's not really explained at all) became permanently 'weaponized' the first time Mother went full banshee mode. She then took the android's (brown, non-murder) eyes and used them as her second pair.

The eyes have always been what enable the necromancers to 'weaponize', even OG Campion is afraid the first time he gives her back her eyes after reprogramming as the 'final test' to see if she didn't kill him, think of them as her weapons module.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Does anyone else think Tempest looks like a cartoon character that is a piece of brocoli?

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
So are we back?? Or are they just hosting the existing episodes?

https://gizmodo.com/hbo-max-discovery-roku-westworld-1850303038