Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011
Some discussion of the setting (ep1-3):

So from what I gathered there are basically two human factions:

Religious nuts who use Androids as their servants and weapons.
"Atheists" who oppose them and fight them with (amongst other things) child soldiers. Question is why, is it just out of desperation or are these kids special? Can they do something adults can't?

We also don't know the reason for the conflict or any other motivation of those two factions so far.

We are also told that the two androids (including the necromancer one) we follow were apparently reprogrammed by "Atheists" with the goal to raise atheist children.

It's certainly an interesting spin on AI/Androids that the religious faction is the one that uses artifical intelligence/life for their own purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Goofballs posted:

I love that Campion killed the creature from the black lagoon but so much is going on it doesn't really seem relevant

He killed to save the life of a robot. Maybe it will connect to the side story of his "father" and (bio?)robot(?) Jesus. I mean Campion has clearly been set up this whole time to be the bridge between humans and robots/synthetic life, there is certainly going to be some sort of payoff for that.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

eschaton posted:

OK, I’ve definitely thought about this more now than the showrunners have… Keeps my mind off the pandemic and Ukraine at least.

Ya, some good speculation there though I will say that the showrunners are certainly imaginative so compared to other shows I dare say that they might have actually thought about it a lot. Whether or not they can pull off to weave everything together in a satisfying manner remains to be seen but I do enjoy the journey so far.
Usually I'm not even a fan of SciFi that focuses that heavily on religious themes but I have to give the show credit for how its done and there are plenty of good performances in this show. I knew from Vikings that Travis Fimmel was perfect for this kind of character (Marcus) and Niamh Algar (Sue) has been a positive surprise for me. I didn't know the actress before but I really like her in this.
I guess I probably don't even need to praise Amanda Collin and Abubakar Salim as Mother/Father as everyone is already a fan of them. :allears:
Even the kids in the show are "okay". Nothing exceptional but they are bearable which is a high bar to cross for most shows.