Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Sounds and looks great. I'm here for it.

Ragnar is the bad (good?) guy, didn't recogniza anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I have no idea where the plot is going, but the last 2 episodes had some absolutely amazing sets. The forest chase with father and campion, the ruined spaceship. The scene with the hanging robot bodies, the desert. It all looked great.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Shaocaholica posted:

Everyone knows aliens now grow absurdly fast. Like 1hr from infancy to full adult bio mass be damned.

Catching up on the thread and lol

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

The ship falling into the core really looked like a spermatozoid reaching the egg. Add one to the motherhood visual metaphors's counter.

That was an insane hour of televisions. Answers? No, gently caress you. The balls on the writers. I'm gonna be here for at least a few S02 episodes, see where they go.

The cave painting can either be explained via time travel or androids in a ship coming to the planet being something that has already happened in the past. But I don't think exlpanations and logic are the big selling points of the show. I mean, the superhuman robots had to kill a small snake and decided to DRIVE INTO THE CORE OF A PLANET.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

https://imgur.com/a/XQWok0f

We can see Marcus sleep wrapped in a snake skin which he believes gives him solar powers

Show still crazy, i love it. The planet is full of evidence of previous inhabitants and nobody gives a gently caress or thinks to mention it. Just finding relics everywhere.

The atheist society is tightly controlled with daily tasks, but just off screen there's a huge slum with Battlebots lmao. Father resucitates a million years old android by giving it juice.

Serious question, was this atheist outpost mentioned at all in season 1? I thought the planet was uninhabited, except by the giant gollums. Was this colony here all the time and just watching what was going on on season 1 via satellite? Why did ragnar "have" to eat Mother's eyes again?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Open Source Idiom posted:

Caleb/Marcus was force fed mother's eyeballs by the other Mithraics, after they became angry and distrustful of the insane man. This was presumably meant to give him a horrific time-delayed death, just like what happened to the coroner who was playing around with mother's innards in the first episode this season.

Thank you for the info, and good catch on the climbing.

So an atheist and a mithraic mothership were arriving at the same planet at the same time? The atheists were aware of it, as they thanked Lamia for destroying it. But what was the original plan of either faction? Recreate the war that destroyed earth here? Was a reason givin as to why they didn't attack each other on the way here?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

It's amazing how well continue to work out in Marcus' favor.

Giant snake vs ancient android when

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Show continues to be weird, owns.

What you guys are saying about cancellation is worrisome, no idea how it usually works. I hope we get at least another season where the makers know it's gonna be the last one. I don't want it to last forever, just a thought in advance conclusion.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Every time there's a new post and it's not a renewal confirmation i get sadder.

And now i'm part of the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Man, so many posts...

RIP to a real one