Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will say the necromancer flying and screaming is terrifying in a very weird way. Very well done.

I said it in the westworld thread and I’ll say it here too: Ridley Scott is absolutely convinced that robots are filled with milk, isn’t he?

Relatedly: I wonder if this will tie into Alien at all?

Doubly relatedly: when the religious people were examining their wrecked ship and that one guy discovers the vat of milk and just screams “MILK!!” at the top of his lungs I literally laughed out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It bothers me that all the night shots are clearly day-for-night shots just handled in post

I don’t know why because the uncanny weird nighttime light should be just fine for a planet that isn’t earth and a star that isn’t our sun, but it bugs me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

This show has made me realize that I have a thing for women with asymmetric mullets that look like they were done with hedge clippers.

For real. I figured I was the only one. I’m not sure how I got here but I’m not questioning it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mothers eyes in necro mode are straight up terrifying to me and I don’t know why but good job FX team

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scary ghost dog isn’t wrong. Outside of the big snake skeleton and a couple other things like the CGI mother flybys, it’s pretty bland, visually.

If they can tell a good enough story though, the sets won’t matter as much

^^^^^ I said a couple pages ago, but those day for night shots really bug me for some reason

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

More like pithraic

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I keep hearing about the expanse. Is it good should I watch it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will watch it. Thank ye goons

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I just really want a good story out of this. After burning out on the 3 season decline of Westworld, I’d much rather have a quality story with kinda janky visuals than the other way around.

The good news is RBW already has the janky visuals part down, now it just needs to follow these first eps up with strong finishers!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The eldest boy bothers me the most. For a character portrayed as a giant wuss he sure does have opinions on what everyone else but him should be doing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I get it but it bugs me! :mad:

Make him either do something to change that or give him his comeuppance

His uppance needs to come!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shaocaholica posted:

So err how do those actors get into those cat suits?!?!

It’s a weird concept when you think about the fact that they both essentially spend the entire series naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gonz posted:

Raised By Wolves might be a stealth No Man’s Sky prequel.

Lmao. But also :thunk: