Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Cingulate posted:

- no conservation of energy(/mass), unless adult snek consists mostly of air

We don't really know how much energy can be derived from fuel blood, Mother is capable of some pretty crazy stuff without other energy input for 12 years and then she feeds the baby like 8 androids worth of the stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

ogarza posted:

I'm surprised none of the "muh plot hole" nerds complaining about what is possible managed to get relativity right. If 13 years passed for the people going in the ship, then it means they were close to the speed of light, but not as fast or faster than light... If they were going at light speed, then it would not have been 13 years, but instant.

They would have to be going less than the speed of light to experience 13 years while travelling so that someone from Earth's perspective would experience as millions of years (distance to kepler in ly is only 638 so they would have to be going way slower than light) due to time dilation.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

edit - thought kepler was further away, so even more applicable.

Light speed isn't instantaneous, it's just the speed of light. If something is 600 light years away it would take 600 years to get there at the speed of light

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Or how she resurrected a probably extinct snake monster species

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I need to watch the last episode again, I cant remember if it made no sense or if I was super high while I watched it or both

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I guess it was accurate but I did laugh at Marcus being described as a "boyfriend."

To a little kid, cult leader bang-mom reads as boyfriend

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're not one use? We're told Collective members have to return them when they're done, and the third episode implies the marbles have multiple other functions (e.g. tracking and data gathering).
I think they're just magic marbles that will do whatever is plot necessary to allow you to accomplish your task. Nobody gives them the bags they're carrying around to gather poisonous radioactive fruit in

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yes, the plan is to recreate the war. In episode 1 (or maybe 2) of this second season one of the Mithraics said they would've won the new war on this planet if something hadn't happened (I think if Mother hadn't killed everyone). The atheists are obviously happy with continuing their war on the Mithraics - they're strapping bombs to them and using them as bait.

I got the impression that the snake bomb squad was all the mithraics left, but this show does play pretty fast and loose with population so it can kill people constantly like the 100

Possessed space veins guy is like fuckin John wick headshotting all the guys in the bomber and tank

Invalid Validation posted:

I hope whatever coked out HBO ceo that loves this show let’s them finish off the series. I wanna see what they have entailed for the ending.

I can't imagine that anyone else has imagined a tangible ending to this

Also does s2 feel like they moved the needle way too far to the "have exposition" side? Almost every line is an infodump of some kind including father saying "oh whats this?" To nobody because he's alone in a room, While tweezering his weird skeleton girlfriend

Paul randomly reciting the entire prophecy to campion

Mother constantly looking into the camera to say "I don't have my eyes" and "I am my OLD self"

Another dodecahedron that doesn't do anything meaningfull, multiple weird caves

Weird long obvious shots of a cave that later has stuff in it

Everyone in every scene loudly explaining the action that just happened on screen

Endless weird artifacts on this planet that are just conveniently on the ground where they are

I didn't even talk about the snake at all yet but the giant pile of snakeskin that clearly indicates nothing survived the shuttle crash

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 14, 2022

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

The tropical zone fruit isn't radioactive though

Neither were the space potatoes until oops they were

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Ninurta posted:

Guess we'll find out next episode
oh you sweet summer child

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

frogbs posted:

Mother is going to make a remote control death snake, right?

Drone snake strikes on farmer johns pumpkins

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I think the acid ocean is actually another alien monster and it just burns who it wants

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I was super expecting the tree to be her frozen screaming in horror but made out of wood

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Mr. Nemo posted:

It's amazing how well continue to work out in Marcus' favor.

Giant snake vs ancient android when

They're gonna merge or something

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

redreader posted:

Why do people here Campion? I think he's fantastic. This show is so loving great.

S1 campion's entire character was being weak and whiny and needing nurturing

Its kind of symptomatic of this show where everything is a blatant metaphor or allegory with little nuance, but then still doesn't quite make sense.

Its an amazing spectacle and I love it, but it really seems like they trimmed 10 really important minutes out of each episode

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 11, 2022

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Ninurta posted:

Snake-sue has evolved to her final form, weaponized, and Father takes another knock to the head with no repercussions. I love this stupid show.

I really hope the series ends with Father as Marvin from hhgttg. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Martman posted:

"It was..... delayed self-defense" was absolutely the line of the episode for me. Every now and then I forget this show is a comedy and then they smack me in the face with a moment like that.

I mean, she wasn't wrong. They would have absolutely murdererd her on sight. Once a charismatic cult leader declares their explicit intent to murder you, in a post-apocalyptic hellscape killing him and his cult follwers including someone who has already attempted to murder you, can be self defense.

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Martman posted:

I don't disagree her actions were justified, but that would still just make it regular self-defense! Or, especially early self-defense. "Delayed self-defense" is the robot coming up with a lovely excuse on the spot and it's hilarious, and just a great moment.

Oh btw, apparently this is already the second round of that Twitter contest. They're gonna be doing a couple more drawings for "first prizes" i.e. the Vrille figure, and then drawings for the grand prize, a Raised by Wolves branded Oculus Quest 2, from 3/17 to 3/20. Normally I don't follow stuff like this but between this show being insanely cool, and the Twitter engagement seeming small enough, it seems worth entering some of these. I would proudly display the murderbot figure at home.

I agree that its its smirky, but I think the smirk is for the audience, not the characters. It's awkward that vrille would say that and nobody would react if it was important