Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Oh this seems cool. I’ll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

If it please the court Id like to make a motion. :moonrio:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

How do I vote a man, because I would like to vote SNG on principal if we do that here. You can't just use the same emoticon I did, scumbo.

Is it not the most townie of things to join a hot new bandwagon/fad? Also I didn’t see your emoticon joke. I AM SHAMED.

I must... do the dance of shame. :moonrio:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

drat. You try pulling the wool over a guys eyes in a previous game getting him lunched , then steal his emoticon, and follow up by doing it again... anyway, Tbf, they did say this was coming for *checks watch * 4 more games. So I’m not surprised. Unfortunately I’m town DGK!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

You somehow missed my use of it, you said. Which had to be a lie, there aren't very many pages for you to skim.

Phone posting, I scrolled past. Plus with the court theme it was the only dancing-ish one I could find other than :boom: and I couldn’t *not* make the joke.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Firstly, Elote is amazing. Tastes great, and now I’m craving it. This much must needs be established. Then, your honors, I direct the courts attention to the fact that though DGK has chosen to policy lunch me based on my previous interactions with half the jury, as well as grand larceny of a coveted joke, I do not believe they are scum at this time. They did indeed say they were apt to policy lunch me, and someone had to jump the gun at some point. It’s a null read. However, I’m town, and none of my teammates have shown themselves scummy as of yet.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Apparently I show up with a bang. A very scummy bang. But uh, From what I can see so far in masonry and in thread, I’m not seeing much scumminess. Course it’s v early D1, but I’m hesitant to start throwing around cases around my team bros to defend myself. In this particular case the long term setting my meta to rest might be worth it. But I wanna win and I’m town, so let’s try scum hunting before being fatalistic guys.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah we did basic “yay team 2” intro stuff, I loled in embarrassment for skimming jokephase and accidentally using DGKs Smilie, then after DGK voted us on the stand followed by collective groaning that we were policy voted in as first to bat. Followed by me figuring out how temple plays work, and asking hal and Tpink if they were scum. Both of them answered In line with their town plays, and hal especially since I just was on scum team with him in Horus Heresy.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

cheese sandwich posted:

also interested in this

Because it didn’t jive with his scum game. In other words, he seems to be cautious and kinda concise. When he was scum, he was more talkative and free flowing. Again, not much but he’s only typed like 5 lines. But in scum game was making calls and predictions and planning in blocks of text

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Course I’ve never been in a non-scum masonry before this so I dunno if people act differently in those.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Look y’all, this time you guys really *can* Kill me without too much fuss. I’d just like to try reasoning it out.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I uh, really don’t have a case to make. I know I’m not town, hal and Tpink feel town, and DGK is either very smart scum or a townie who Pushed forward to policy set up a team of townies. That’s my read. I’m personally hoping for a NL or a DGK vote, but I don’t want to push DGK because what they’re doing is a null tell.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Giving a case would be scummy cause I don’t believe there *is* one rn.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Lmao. I’m phone posting but after that I wouldn’t blame a turbo.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifs not on the chopping block, though. For what it’s worth I think they’re leaning town.I think Scum may be sitting back giggling, letting us All do the dirty work, or is urging on their cohort in DGK, my only null read of our options.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah I’m mobile posting and my thumbs like to typo whatever is most inconvenient at the time. Like a scumslip when I’m actually town for once.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Squiggly posted:

Good Lord stinks somethin fierce here

My pa always said if it looks like cow poo poo and smells like cow poo poo, it could be deer poo poo

Now I reckin that Mistuh DGK here knew the heaps of trouble he'd be in recklessly accusin folks without knowing nothin

He's missing somethin between those two ears of his fur sure but it don't seem to be malicious ta me

I ain't no math man but it seems like we got an even shot at catchin ourselves a killer and tha same chance at sendin an innocent man to jail

Irks me somethin bad it does

But I don't see anyway outta this what with all them accusations flyin round

Not particularly likin any of these here options fellas

I can see some of the points you fine gentleman are makin bout that Mistuh tpink. Seems a bit queer to me

But I also noticed that that other guy...ya know, what's his name? Mistuh navy guy, he done disappeared. Maybe he's takin a mighty crap but ya'd think he'd have his friends back. Strikes me a bit suspect, yes it does

Now I wouldn’t say my posting has been anything other than exculpatory for my co-counsel, good Squiggly, in fact I drew Ire for defending everyone in my previous games as well. I’ve said my piece and it is my belief that none of us three are the guilty party, and wish nothing more than to return home to my porch and drink some Sweet Tea.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hi all, not disappeared just som IRL stuff. Neither here nor there though.

Anyway, I’m not burning my teams objection on a day 1. Lunch me if necessary but that could save them both.

Sandwolf, I agree usually I’m scum when I defend others, but I posit that I’m usually scum regardless, and that that evens out, because *anything* I usually do I do as scum.

Bif, I refuse to cast a vote on any of the three options. There are plenty of people who can vote on one of us so I doubt I’ll be a tie breaker. Plus, someone’s gotta go sometime, and it would be disingenuous for me to push them given there’s no risk of NL.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Because I don’t trust my scum reading ability of people quite yet to the degree that I’d give up two other people’s options they may use better. My use of dayvigs before is a concious decision that only affects me and my victim, different than one of only two times my team may veto. So I’ll vote DGK because he’s my closest to a scum read, but only with a two of three consensus within my team. Tpink has yet to weigh in in mason chat.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Long as we're waiting around a while for the new deadline I gotta say, I'm getting some strong town vibes from cheese this game, also from Sandwolf which always freaks me out a little but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Nice thing about Temple games is it doesn't hurt to share those thoughts since people can't be NKed for being too townie. So tell you what SNG, how about you keep posting even more town reads so we can work out your scum reads by elimination :cheeky:

You’re jesting at least slightly, but I’m happy to oblige.

Hal town
DGK null
Tpink town
Bif-town
Cheese town
Squiggly town
Sandwolf null
Cena leaning scum (post count mainly but also just the light handed reads)
Tommu town

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

You’re jesting at least slightly, but I’m happy to oblige.

Hal town
DGK null
Tpink town
Bif-town
Cheese town
Squiggly town
Sandwolf null
Cena leaning scum (post count mainly but also just the light handed reads)
Tommu town

Also, you know what? I have two other teammates who could veto if they like, and neither have done it. But if it’s that much of a stressor that’s it’ll sidetrack the game, ##vote DGK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

cheese sandwich posted:

Are you suggesting that your whole team is town? What are the chances do you think?

Well, unless there is a specific gimmick used for rolling?

The odds are 19%

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, unless there is a specific gimmick used for rolling?

The odds are 19%

I legit forgot either of them were in the game. So null for both merk and sal cause I’m dumb and haven’t paid attention to them

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Because based on my previous interactions with Tommu, when they are scum they become overly aggressive and melodramatic, or they apply pressure almost at random. Tommu here is being fairly lighthearted and chill, which is typically Tommu town.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf is null because sandwolf operates fairly consistently as both town and scum, and is actively scum hunting. I’d almost say town but my gut is saying I may be wrong on that so I’m thinking null.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tommunist posted:

I try something one game and suddenly its my meta

Well it was my only game with you as scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Unlike last game though in Horus, I actually am town, so I’d rather not draw everything out. Make choices as you see fit y’all. And if I must die at least it clears my meta and qualifies as one of DGK’s promised policy lunches.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Wait I did vote. I’m voting DGK. I think he’s possibly scum but mostly a null read.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And my lack of scum calls is because we are limited to 4 people, one of which is confirmed to me at least, and three of which aren’t v scummy. DGK is closest as already stated, but he could absolutely be town DGK following through with a policy lunch

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes but that doesn't retroactively make it not scummy anymore how you weren't voting when I first pointed it out. You wouldn't have voted all day if not for the extended deadline.

That’s fair. Still think there’s no scum option though.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

With less than an hour to go switching it up would be playing dirty. Anyway, your point is still valid, but at any time in the past couple days my compatriots could have voted and I’d have objected. As it is, I’m hesitant. Still, DGK is a null read, not town. Hence why I’m less inclined to fall on my sword for them, but when I’m lunched and I flip, I don’t want everyone quite b-lining for a policy lunch gone wrong. Which may be presumptuous, but that’s why I lived as scum for an extra 2 days In food crimes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I mean, I did make some calls. My main scum read was Cena.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

But even he was just leaning because of the lack of posting.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hmmm... I’m town so rarely I think I’ve been more defensive here than I really should be. Here, if I’m more flexible, here are reads I have of. Scummy things people have done, and I just haven’t felt them egregious enough to comment:

DGK: the initials push to vote and his interactions with merk. His reactions in thread seem genuine though.

Hal: if anything the fact that they’re posting less frequently makes me think they are town, but I’m wondering why the objection wasn’t really brought up much in our chat.

Tpink, is posting more than they usually do and the interactions with bif were on the defensive side.

Bif: none, I really don’t think they are scum. Just aggressive town bif.

Cheese: evenly divided between me and Tpink, but walked backwards into his vote very quickly instead of pushing forward first.

Squiggly: beneath the affectation, they seem to be hesitant to vote, despite the application of pressure on multiple fronts.

Sandwolf: I’m torn. Sandwolf acts similar to how they are now as town, but also as scum. But his list of pings seem genuine and not manufactured.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

What am I posting less frequently than? Pretty sure I’m one of the more active posters here

Sorry I meant more frequently. When you were scum before with me you were a very murky player it seemed.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Alright, masonry has spoken ##Objection Team 3

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The roll was random btw, a D4. But it worked nicely, because I believe Cena is scum. ##vote Cena

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Fighting for my town bro Tpink.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh come ON

Sorry!

cheese sandwich posted:

I have so many questions

Does this mean that was a group call sng? Do you guys feel that strongly that tpink is town?

DGK - lol why would you take your vote off of tpink and put yourself back at a tie

Yes. I waited for both Hal and Tpink to ask me. Then I rolled a D4. If it had landed on 2, we’d have skipped the objection. Chaotic good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

You have all these town reads and can't even make the choice to guide it towards your closest thing to a scum read?

Even if you don't have any reads, you said you were waiting on the masonry to give you permission right? Didn't they have any reads either?

Well, I had one null or scum leaning read in each team. Except my own. So yes, I left it to fate. Cleanses all responsibility, but is also quite fair, as I was happy to lay an immediate vote wherever it landed. And DGK as a back up if we suddenly get assured of another teams full townie was.