Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What happens to the water level when you pee in the bathtub?
Water level rises
Water level falls
Water level stays the same
Goku
View Results

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Penises don't accrue body fat (oh would that it were not so!) so they'd be denser than water and sink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

Penises don't accrue body fat (oh would that it were not so!) so they'd be denser than water and sink

Can confirm, sinks like a rock :smug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
same, because my penis is entirely natural and not injected with a liter of suet

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

my girlfriend asked me if my dick sinks or floats in the tub and now i can't stop wondering. i don't have a bathtub to check though. can someone with a massive hog please conduct this test and report your findings?

if i sit down to pee mine uncoils in the toilet water and gently rests on top

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if i remember my high school chemistry the ideal way to scientifically test this is to

1- fill the bathtub with vegetable oil
2- get in the tub &fully submerge your body in the oil with goggles and a snorkel
3- mark the level of oil in the tub with your body in it. write this down in your copy book
D) begin pissing

in THEORY the piss will rise to the top. then see if the fluid level rises above the mark. record your findings.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

If I tighten my abdominal muscles and suck my stomach in as hard as I can I will be significantly reducing the size of my abdomen and the amount of space occupied by the organs therein, and that reduction doesn't require making GBS threads out an organ or ballooning out above or below the sucked in gut, meaning things are being "compressed".
you are simply giving your lungs less room to expand
what being made mostly of water entails is that on various scales most of what you are is membranes full of water with stuff floating in it

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I peed in the tub, I can confirm it didn't rise, but the water did turn yellow! My hypothesis was correct!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PIZZA.BAT posted:

my girlfriend asked me if my dick sinks or floats in the tub and now i can't stop wondering. i don't have a bathtub to check though. can someone with a massive hog please conduct this test and report your findings?

It floats. Quite amusingly, to be honest.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Tom Gorman posted:

if i remember my high school chemistry the ideal way to scientifically test this is to

1- fill the bathtub with vegetable oil
2- get in the tub &fully submerge your body in the oil with goggles and a snorkel
3- mark the level of oil in the tub with your body in it. write this down in your copy book
D) begin pissing

in THEORY the piss will rise to the top. then see if the fluid level rises above the mark. record your findings.

I think someone with a large enough tub ought to try this. regretfully I must withdraw myself as mine is only ankle height.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
what if I cum in the tub? if pee is stored in the balls, where is the cum coming from and how does that affect the volume

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
From the butt usually

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I wish Mythbusters was still on the air.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I wish Mythbusters was still on the air.

Pissbusters

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Over the years ive made this theead twice and also asked a call in radio show scientist and never got a straight answer

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
if my pee transmuted into gold when it left my body then would the water rise?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Classic literature can answer your question:

"He foresaw his pale body reclined in it at full, naked, in a womb of warmth, oiled by scented melting soap, softly laved. He saw his trunk and limbs riprippled over and sustained, buoyed lightly upward, lemonyellow: his navel, bud of flesh: and saw the dark tangled curls of his bush floating, floating hair of the stream around the limp father of thousands, a languid floating flower.”

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

James Joyce really did have all the answers, especially about dick buoyancy and piss stream pressure. Entire manuscripts written about what a swampy rear end in a top hat tastes like. He could sniff your fart on a Wednesday and tell you what you ate for Sunday dinner. Truly remarkable.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

goethe.cx posted:

Classic literature can answer your question:

"He foresaw his pale body reclined in it at full, naked, in a womb of warmth, oiled by scented melting soap, softly laved. He saw his trunk and limbs riprippled over and sustained, buoyed lightly upward, lemonyellow: his navel, bud of flesh: and saw the dark tangled curls of his bush floating, floating hair of the stream around the limp father of thousands, a languid floating flower.”

holy poo poo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mozi posted:

my bladder is so powerful that the pee is actually compressed to a smaller volume inside of it, so yes in my case the water level would rise

nothing is that powerful you cant compress pee to a smaller volume

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tato posted:

what if I cum in the tub? if pee is stored in the balls, where is the cum coming from and how does that affect the volume

Cum isn't real. You were hallucinating and now we need to change your dosage.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Pee in a full bladder is probably at a different pressure than free range pee, also deeper in the tub with even more pressure. Releasing it to 1 atmosphere will make the level rise.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

iSimian posted:

Pee in a full bladder is probably at a different pressure than free range pee, also deeper in the tub with even more pressure. Releasing it to 1 atmosphere will make the level rise.

Piss cannot be compressed into a smaller volume no matter how hard you try

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Okay, but look at it his way. Say you have a big ol water heater and you fill it up with piss and throw it into a pool. It will displace water based on size, not weight. If you then release all the piss from the water heater into the pool you now suddenly have 200 liters of piss in the water as well as the original displacement of the water heater that's not going anywhere.

The bladder is the piss filled water heater in this analogy.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

It's basically the same logic that the oceans rice every time a submariner takes a dump. That is, perfectly logical.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

hakimashou posted:

nothing is that powerful you cant compress pee to a smaller volume

within my bladder i hold the secret of nuclear fusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

wa27 posted:

In a bathtub, most people are resting on the bottom of the tub. Releasing the piss makes you less buoyant, but this doesn't matter because you're not floating. So pissing doesn't displace LESS water. The water level rises.

Say you're in a pool, floating on your back so part of you is above water. Pissing in this scenario makes you less dense, causing you to rise out of the water, displacing less water, equal to the amount you are releasing. The water level stays the same.

Imagine you're holding a bowling ball under water with you, and then you release it. In a tub, it would roll to the side and the water level obviously would not change. In a pool, you would suddenly be able to float much easier. The bowling ball is your piss.

Both of these scenarios are ignoring any slight volume change to your body from pissing, and also any slight change to water density by releasing a liquid with a different density into it.

This is a very thorough and easy to understand answer. Thank you for explaining it this way! You should start drinking more water if you're pissing bowling balls, though. Ouch!