Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What happens to the water level when you pee in the bathtub?
Water level rises
Water level falls
Water level stays the same
Goku
View Results

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
If your piss was stored in some loose skin sack residing outside the body (e.g. the balls) that perfectly contracted its volume when you pissed, water level stays the same. But your bladder expands and contracts inside your body cavity, and any pushing out on your stomach is minimal compared to total urine volume (TUV). The water goes up. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

it's my calling to tell nerd :roboluv:ers how to :roboluv: properly

Weka posted:

Oh, pee is stored in the balls if you were born before 1992 aswell.

But that doesn't answer the question for people that were born in 1992, which was neither before nor after 1992. Where do these gross mutants store their pee?

Sleepless Dreamer fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 28, 2020

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Sleepless Dreamer posted:

But thaht doesn'T answer the question for people that were born in 1992, which was neither before nor after 1992. Where do these gross mutants store their pee?

1992 was a leap year. Why did you think you'd never met someone born in 1992?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

at first i thought this was a stupid question, ofcourse the water rises. but if the piss is already underwater (in the various gonad) then the water level should stay the same???

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

the only parts of you that are really compressible are your lungs and look at your body when you breathe. air is far less dense than urine and your innards move to accomodate it with every breath

Maybe compress isn't the correct word but there are plenty of things that are elastic and expand, contract or otherwise reposition slightly without change to external body dimensions, with the abdomen in particular having some degree of squishiness and cavities to fill. If I tighten my abdominal muscles and suck my stomach in as hard as I can I will be significantly reducing the size of my abdomen and the amount of space occupied by the organs therein, and that reduction doesn't require making GBS threads out an organ or ballooning out above or below the sucked in gut, meaning things are being "compressed".

Lungs are a unique situation specifically because of air being less dense, therefore requiring both a huge volume of intake to get sufficient oxygen and an intake method dependent on negative pressure (so having a greater need for expanding space).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The reason you need to pee in the bath tub and test it is because you aren't fully submerged and you aren't floating. Your guts bits formerly above the waterline could fill in the abdomen space where the pee was with no net change in displacement.

This leads me to believe the answer could be personal and we must each take it upon ourselves to pee in the bathtub this weekend to find out.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It depends if you are totally submerged or floating on top.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my bladder is so powerful that the pee is actually compressed to a smaller volume inside of it, so yes in my case the water level would rise

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you lay, submerged, in your disgusting pee tub and start indiscriminately drinking the water, as much as you could fit inside you, does the water level fall? The answer may surprise you!

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Moon Atari posted:

But maybe a particularly full bladder does expand the waist outwards. I feel like it might vary by body composition, but it definitely doesn't increase the volume of the body by the full volume of the urine. Average bladder capacity is around 300-400ml, but you certainly aren't losing and gaining a coke can sized growth to your waist between pisses.

i am a pretty skinny person and if i go long enough without pissing there is a very obvious before/after difference. i have never attempted to measure but i would have no problem believing it is the equivalent volume of piss

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you dip your balls into a bucket of water before and after peeing you can easily calculate the water displacement :science:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I'm in the tub, and pee, but DRINK the pee as it leaves my balls but NO other water what you're telling me is that the water won't rise?
Because I'm doing that right now and it seems like it is.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hard to tell, keep drinking until you reach the drain

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Depends how much you’re mother likes the taste op. :smug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Peeing in shower: barbaric, uncouth, shows serious flaws in character and intellect

Peeing in bathtub: keen scientific mind, wants to find out how the world works, quiet and smelly genius

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The_Continental posted:

If you took a poo poo, and then looked down at it, and it had legs and was a giant poop ant, would you keep it?

No. The poop ant wants to be free. :3:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So you know how you can’t survive off a urine-based diet because pee dehydrates you?

Ergo it stands to reason that if pee removes the water from your body then it should also remove the water from your bathtub, lowering the overall level

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pee is stored in the balls, but the volume of the balls does not decrease after peeing. Therefore the total volume of bather plus pee would increase, and the water level would rise.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

the water gains my piss but my body loses and equal amount. The water level stays the same and I huff my own amonia and calcium hardwater piss vapors in ecstasy!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

at first i thought this was a stupid question, ofcourse the water rises. but if the piss is already underwater (in the various gonad) then the water level should stay the same???

An empty ball and a ball filled with piss displace the same amount of water(if not floating).

I feel like this thread is going to go the way of the plane on a treadmill one...

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Tonight on PissBusters

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you piss on a treadmill does the water go up?!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
this is a real good question, my mind is blown

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Spinz posted:

Water level rises. Also changes the ph a little so it's better for the skin and hair.

you can get this done at the spa but its expensive & problematic

also im voting that your body would displace less water and the system would be equalized

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
In order to answer this question with any degree of accuracy, we gotta know my dude, just what IS your piss made of???

You been stayin' hydrated, or are we talkin' some real dehydrated yellow brackish briney turgid piss?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

what if the water was all frozen

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if the tub was full of piss and then you drank a glass of water

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What kind of spa do you go to?!?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'll go pee in the tub in a minute.

Science tells me if you have proper seal on the tub though, the level SHOULD increase. Just not by very much, the human bladder can't hold a lot, and if you're already in there, it might be hard to notice. Gotta look for that distinctive yellow coloring OP!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the beatles - Amnesiac posted:

I'll go pee in the tub in a minute.

Science tells me if you have proper seal on the tub though, the level SHOULD increase. Just not by very much, the human bladder can't hold a lot, and if you're already in there, it might be hard to notice. Gotta look for that distinctive yellow coloring OP!

I don't think you're taking into account some pretty basic dynamic principles, don't you?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think I've invented some sort of a pee jetpack

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Flannelette posted:

your bladder shrinking doesn't make you smaller

:wrong:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Crimson posted:

If your piss was stored in some loose skin sack residing outside the body (e.g. the balls) that perfectly contracted its volume when you pissed, water level stays the same. But your bladder expands and contracts inside your body cavity, and any pushing out on your stomach is minimal compared to total urine volume (TUV). The water goes up. Duh.

It has to contract perfectly though? Your insides are basically full of water, water is incompressible, so volume has to be conserved. Unless you are full of farts or your lungs are squished more or less depending on how much pee you're storing, which seems doubtful

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

In a bathtub, most people are resting on the bottom of the tub. Releasing the piss makes you less buoyant, but this doesn't matter because you're not floating. So pissing doesn't displace LESS water. The water level rises.

Say you're in a pool, floating on your back so part of you is above water. Pissing in this scenario makes you less dense, causing you to rise out of the water, displacing less water, equal to the amount you are releasing. The water level stays the same.

Imagine you're holding a bowling ball under water with you, and then you release it. In a tub, it would roll to the side and the water level obviously would not change. In a pool, you would suddenly be able to float much easier. The bowling ball is your piss.

Both of these scenarios are ignoring any slight volume change to your body from pissing, and also any slight change to water density by releasing a liquid with a different density into it.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

wa27 posted:

ignoring any slight volume change to your body from pissing

See I think this is an invalid assumption. I think when you piss, your body loses a volume equal or almost equal to the volume of the piss, you just don't notice because your torso is much bigger than your bladder

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

feelix posted:

See I think this is an invalid assumption. I think when you piss, your body loses a volume equal or almost equal to the volume of the piss, you just don't notice because your torso is much bigger than your bladder

That's fair enough. I would like to see some evidence either way, because I just don't know. I think there is room for your bladder to expand by squeezing your organs tighter before your skin expands outward. But obviously our bellies expand outward after eating a lot. I think maybe it's some combination of the two.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
1) If you could find a bathtub big enough, Saturn would float in it because it's density is so low. So do that.

2) Get in the bathtub and pee in it.

3) Did Saturn rise, or fall?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

my girlfriend asked me if my dick sinks or floats in the tub and now i can't stop wondering. i don't have a bathtub to check though. can someone with a massive hog please conduct this test and report your findings?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Balls flap like a stingray in the tub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I use mine as sort of rudimentary rudder whilst swimming nude. So... Neither I guess