Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What happens to the water level when you pee in the bathtub?
Water level rises
Water level falls
Water level stays the same
Goku
View Results

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
your bladder and lower abdomen are displaced by the urine you carry so if your lower abdomen was already fully submerged then the water level stays the same
or if you were managing to float without resting on the surface of the tub the water level stays the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

It will definitely reduce your mass, but might not reduce your volume, and it is the volume that causes the displacement of water. When your bladder expands to full it might simply compress the surrounding viscera/muscles/ interstitial tissue/whatever rather than expanding your waist outwards slightly, such that your external measurements do not change when you then release your bladder.
the only parts of you that are really compressible are your lungs and look at your body when you breathe. air is far less dense than urine and your innards move to accomodate it with every breath

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

If I tighten my abdominal muscles and suck my stomach in as hard as I can I will be significantly reducing the size of my abdomen and the amount of space occupied by the organs therein, and that reduction doesn't require making GBS threads out an organ or ballooning out above or below the sucked in gut, meaning things are being "compressed".
you are simply giving your lungs less room to expand
what being made mostly of water entails is that on various scales most of what you are is membranes full of water with stuff floating in it