Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
“So, are we playing in a fantasy setting?”

“No. No. Setting isreal.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I liked Will Smith in SS. He's doing more of "Will Smith as an assassin who doesn't miss" than just playing Deadshot, but that's ok for the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

SonicRulez posted:

I liked Will Smith in SS. He's doing more of "Will Smith as an assassin who doesn't miss" than just playing Deadshot, but that's ok for the movie.

I liked Smith too. I actually thought SS had a solid cast, just a poo poo as hell script (was there even a script). Like I am sure Gunn and a good script could have salvaged the first SS with the cast it had.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SonicRulez posted:

The problem is, Deadshot actually has a really interesting character arc that would fit into the movies.

(Rich dude who has had so much tragedy that he has a literal death wish and wants to do Suicide by being a Supervillain. And the contrast with his quasi-mother/son relationship with Amanda Waller that keeps him alive.)

If you want to do a different character, that's cool. But there are plenty of other gun based supervillains with few well defined character traits for you to use. Which is what they seem to be doing with Idris Elba and Bloodsport.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah Smith was good but he wasn't Deadshot.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Well:

https://www.ign.com/articles/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-releasing-exclusively-to-theaters-for-45-days

quote:

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Releasing Exclusively to Theaters For 45 Days

Has this been confirmed somewhere else? It looks like Disney is going to do things this way. Sadly the usuals are taking it as a sign that is gonna flop and not that probably, maybe, a large part of the whole planet will be still in the middle of a loving pandemic by then.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

To me it looks like a plan to get everyone out to see it by making it sound like it will be gone after then. But then it'll probably go on streaming for 20 or 30 bucks. But then Eternals is 2 months after it releases, so also probably a way to clear the way for that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think that’s a good strategy

By the end of 45 days of release most people are going to be done watching the movie theatrically that were planning to go

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Codependent Poster posted:

To me it looks like a plan to get everyone out to see it by making it sound like it will be gone after then. But then it'll probably go on streaming for 20 or 30 bucks. But then Eternals is 2 months after it releases, so also probably a way to clear the way for that.

It seems it's gonna be "free" on D+ after 45 days, no extra fee.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

G.I. Joe: Snake-Eyes trailer to debut Sun during some MTV thing.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I'm laid up after surgery, watching Disney Plus, and am prepared to say that The Rocketeer is the best live action super hero movie

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Karma Tornado posted:

I'm laid up after surgery, watching Disney Plus, and am prepared to say that The Rocketeer is the best live action super hero movie

That's just the morphine talking.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

While it is very good, all the Captain America films are better.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rocketeer has the amazing mafia guys who turn around and betray the bad guys as soon as they learn the bad guys are nazis, so it has that going for it

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

site posted:

rocketeer has the amazing mafia guys who turn around and betray the bad guys as soon as they learn the bad guys are nazis, so it has that going for it

That's Paul Sorvino turning on Timothy Dalton! Rocketeer has a fantastic cast and is underrated.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Dalton's line read on "blow her brains all over zee cabin" is better than anything in Civil War

when he dies, the clip in the Oscars death montage needs to be "it vasn't lies, Jenny; it vas acting" and then him exploding

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Okay but seriously, which super heroes definitely do smoke weed, this is an important question that requires important answers

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Rocketeer is amazing for two reasons:

- the soundtrack
- one of the gangsters looking for the jet pack at the beginning is Rom from Deep Space Nine

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ilikedirt posted:

Okay but seriously, which super heroes definitely do smoke weed, this is an important question that requires important answers

Drax.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ilikedirt posted:

Starlord
Iron Man, but he's smart enough not to do it in public like Musk
Luke Cage
Iron Fist (only with Cage)
Jessica Jones
Blade (vape ONLY)
Gambit
Rogue
Jubilee
Johnny Storm
Ben Grimm

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nah Netflix's Luke Cage isnt cool enough to smoke

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince MechMahon posted:

Starlord
Iron Man, but he's smart enough not to do it in public like Musk
Luke Cage
Iron Fist (only with Cage)
Jessica Jones
Blade (vape ONLY)
Gambit
Rogue
Jubilee
Johnny Storm
Ben Grimm

Ben Grimm seems like the kind of person who'd say "There's a reason they call it dope, kid!" Sue, on the other hand, seems like she'd light up at the end of the day after having to deal with Reed's poo poo.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Bucky smokes but he calls it like "jive" or "havana crabgrass"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Ben Grimm seems like the kind of person who'd say "There's a reason they call it dope, kid!" Sue, on the other hand, seems like she'd light up at the end of the day after having to deal with Reed's poo poo.

He was like that as a younger guy but Alicia smokes and so does Johnny so he eventually gave into peer pressure. Sue smoked before she had the kids but stopped after Franklin. Reed will do one hit if he's losing inspiration.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Reed probably invented syntheweed made from unstable molecules where you can will the effects away at any time because Reed's a square.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Reed has an entire statistical system for when it is worth it to take a hit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

site fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 14, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

*bong hit* i feel the weed... the weed 4 reed!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hawkeye definitely

The hulk def. Its why he's green!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Must be weird when Dr. Strange and Wong are trippin' balls and can never be sure if what they're seeing and doing isn't actually real.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

ilikedirt posted:

Nick Fury has both secret stashes of poo poo nobody in the country has heard of and the worst paranoia
Ant-man doesn't wanna go back to jail but there's no way he hasn't thought about how THC would interact with shrinking (and if he hasn't, Luis has)
Thor has tried it but was not impressed

Groot could probably be weed, if he wanted to

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can you get high underwater? Asking for Namor.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Reed doesn't smoke but he does microdose Kree research chemicals like a Silicon Valley tech guy.

Krakoa permanently has a cloud of bong smoke hanging over half the island.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Comics Swamp Thing has legit both grown pot for Constantine and reconstituted himself from marijuana, that's canon brother

e: So, Green Lanterns can make Kryptonite,

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 15, 2021

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Comics Swamp Thing has legit both grown pot for Constantine and reconstituted himself from marijuana, that's canon brother

When it comes to drugs, weed is like the tamest thing Swamp Thing has purposely grown for consumption.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

A GL doesn't need to waste battery on making drugs, they just take the good stuff from the people they bust. They are cops, don't forget.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you get high underwater? Asking for Namor.

He bullies blowfish and gets high off the toxins.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters is a combo high school/university thing, you think they're not gonna smoke up even if their principle is psychic?

Scott thinks he does, but everyone just sells him oregano. Professor X knows but thinks it's funny to show up and have a chat with him right after he "tokes" and watch him quietly panic.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mutants all live on Krakoa now and all they do is get high and have orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Jamesman posted:

He bullies blowfisheveryone and gets high off the toxins.