Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

JT Smiley posted:

It's funny, even though I'm black I never really cared for John on Justice League. Kyle got me into Dc comics and was my favorite comic book character for most of my teen years. I loved how inventive he was with his constructs and the concept of him having to carry this huge legacy on his own really grabbed me. Then Justice League rolls around and they go with this boring old guy who uses his ring to make the most boring poo poo possible. Thank God he got much better when JLU rolled around.

That was sort of an arc for him. He gets called out for lack of creativity at some point and starts working in new stuff over the next few arcs. He even has a lampshade line when he's fighting like... Dreamslayer or something, who refuses to be beaten by a bubble, only to blow himself up in it and have Jon point out that it's an especially good bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Evangeline Lilly has attended an anti-vax rally.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPQ4hlLFCl/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=b59724ff-3103-4814-96a1-51a892f4973a

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Well we are getting a divorce now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She was being stupid when Covid began.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quantumania opening leaked

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Do they get to recreate the panel from the Ultimatum comic where The Blob eats The Wasp?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Next Avengers movies gonna be them trying to bring Thanos back to life so they can apologize to him because removing half the population sounds like a really solid idea now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Perfect time to write out Hope and bring in her variant Nadia.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Perfect time to write out Hope and bring in her variant Nadia.

I was just thinking that
"Its really too bad that Hope died from eating some pizza she found in the gutter"
"Yo whats up? Hank, i'm your daughter from that soviet black widow that you had to seduce to complete a mission back in the 80s, Nadia, i was frozen for a while so that's why i'm like 20, also my bff is Yelena so she can show up in these movies too"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Scott and Cassie team-up and kill Hope.

And Shuri, and Star Lord.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jamesman posted:

Scott and Cassie team-up and kill Hope.

And Shuri, and Star Lord.

And Santa Claus who it turns out was a MCU character the whole time.

By Santa Claus I mean Tim Allen from The Santa Clause. Steve Rogers puts on the jacket, becoming immortal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Can we all agree Kate was the worst character on Lost?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

JT Smiley posted:

No but she was very low on my list of favorite(tolerable?) characters.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

And Santa Claus who it turns out was a MCU character the whole time.

By Santa Claus I mean Tim Allen from The Santa Clause. Steve Rogers puts on the jacket, becoming immortal.

I agree with this except for the idea that we continue the Santa Clause franchise. Unless you actually treat it as the horror it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just recently announced a new Santa Clause.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

I think they retread similar beats with flashbacks of the biggest of main characters for Jack, Sawyer, and Kate. Kate probably comes off the worst. It isn't Lilly's fault, she just isn't given a lot to work with in Lost.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think they retread similar beats with flashbacks of the biggest of main characters for Jack, Sawyer, and Kate. Kate probably comes off the worst. It isn't Lilly's fault, she just isn't given a lot to work with in Lost.

Yeah. Came from being the main The Girl. I think her experience there was why Lilly told Jackson and the Hobbit folks she'd only do the role if she wasn't in a love triangle and they put her in a love triangle.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
not technically based on a comic, but probably close enough for this thread

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1487138666212433921
https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1487140480798363656

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Came from being the main The Girl. I think her experience there was why Lilly told Jackson and the Hobbit folks she'd only do the role if she wasn't in a love triangle and they put her in a love triangle.

IIRC it wasn't originally a love triangle but it ended up that way when they did reshoots.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is...is He-Man based on a comic?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, it was a cartoon series based on a toy line.

I'm sure a comic series was made based on the cartoon, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I remember a mini comic coming with the toys explaining the character of the toy you just bought. That did exist, right?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Madkal posted:

I remember a mini comic coming with the toys explaining the character of the toy you just bought. That did exist, right?

No idea about He-Man, but I do have vague memories of Transforrmers toys coming with little comic book pack-ins.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Motu pioneered the pack in comic book. Bruce Timm drew a bunch of them!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There were multiple ongoing He-Man series including one which serves as the sequel to Injustice 2 (or Injustice 2's 'bad ending') It ends with He-Man becoming Shazam which is one of those crossovers that is incredibly stupid and yet makes perfect sense.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

Is...is He-Man based on a comic?

They made comics for it to tie-in with the figures and explore the lore and characters to kids to make them excited to buy the toys.

You should watch The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. It's an awesome show about this kinda stuff.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jamesman posted:

They made comics for it to tie-in with the figures and explore the lore and characters to kids to make them excited to buy the toys.

You should watch The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. It's an awesome show about this kinda stuff.

Will always take the opportunity to post this clip:

https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1130876119828316161?s=20&t=leSqKa-nCZHpUUnGmEtv7A

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There were HeMan comics alongside the show and cartoon in the 80s. And again in the 2000s. About 10 years ago DC rebooted the concept into a new series that wrapped up about two years ago.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aphrodite posted:

They just recently announced a new Santa Clause.

Yeah they announced it yesterday

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

that was hilarious i need to watch this

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

turn into a swan and gently caress me, daddy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

that was hilarious i need to watch this

I think that's from the Power of Grayskull documentary, not the Toys That Made Us episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The thread explicitly says it's from The Toys That Made Us

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

This image gave me flu-like symptoms

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

The thread explicitly says it's from The Toys That Made Us

I apologize, I didn't click on it. I just didn't remember if that segment was in the show. There's a lot of repeated info between the two.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The comics that came with the figures pre-date the cartoon

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
That clip is loving hilarious. It reminds me of the Mitch Hedburg skit about how Pringles was originally supposed to be a tennis ball company. "gently caress it, cut em up"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1489267943095549958?t=iJcPMOdMPN25Wc6fYcdQZw&s=19

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Sony stop. Every time you try to do this it ends poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Who has Madame Web in their top 30 favorite spider characters?