Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I really hope they don't kill Taskmaster in Black Widow. Seems like a character that could be really fun to explore further and have pop up from time to time, especially if they want to do more smaller-scale stories.

I also just had a thought. Since Black Widow has been holding up pretty much everything, what are the chances of there being trailers dropping with it for Eternals, Shang Chi, and Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

site posted:

No the villain is walter hamada

:chloe:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
🙃🙃🙃

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jamesman posted:

I really hope they don't kill Taskmaster in Black Widow. Seems like a character that could be really fun to explore further and have pop up from time to time, especially if they want to do more smaller-scale stories.

I also just had a thought. Since Black Widow has been holding up pretty much everything, what are the chances of there being trailers dropping with it for Eternals, Shang Chi, and Spider-Man?
I have to imagine we get those trailers soon, yeah. Especially for the first two.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

My guess on Space Jam is that everyone involved sat in a big circle and then as they went around the room they named all the characters you'd think would be in the movie like Bugs Bunny or The Animaniacs. And then they started to run out and moved on to characters Yogi Bear and Scooby Doo. And then they really ran out so like one guy was well how about Agent Smith? And then the flood gates opened. First it was Mama Fratelli. Then Baby Jane. One guy thought he was being cute by suggesting the War Boys but someone took him seriously and said "Yeah we can have the Droogs too!" and then it was so far gone that literally anything was on the table. Except for that one skunk.

Pennywise is there too, you know, because the kids love Pennywise.

I also noticed the Mask there, Penguin from Batman Returns, and Mr. Freeze in his smoking jacket.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao I didn't catch the mask, but the jack nicholson joker is there too

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’m pretty sure they called in Star Magic Jackson Jr.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm in there too but against my will. It's a Monkeybone type scenario and I'm begging somebody to free me.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 4, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm in there too but against my will. It's a Monkeybone type scenario and I'm begging somebody to free me.

oh no!! what is happening? the movie is cursed!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I've never been more confused by a trailer in my life. How do you over complicate the premise of basketball player plays basketball with cartoons?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
They want to replicate the incredible success that was Voldemort and Sauron showing up to fight Batman

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huh yeah I guess they really did start all this with the Lego movies

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I thought some guy figured out that Mr. Rogers would win this fight like 20 years ago.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
In death he has become more powerful than we could have ever imagined

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

How Wonderful! posted:

Oh for gently caress’s... that’s Morpheus behind an Agent, isn’t it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CapnAndy posted:

Oh for gently caress’s... that’s Morpheus behind an Agent, isn’t it.

Yeees it is.

I'm just amused at how terrible this is it. Madness.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Codependent Poster posted:

Also why are you putting Gandalf on a list of basketball players, LeBron? I don't think Gandalf has any sick moves that he's keeping under his hat. Legolas would be the better choice.

Gandalf has plenty of tricks and secret moves, though he seems intent on keeping thwm.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Gandalf has plenty of tricks and secret moves, though he seems intent on keeping thwm.
The NCAA has forbidden him to dunk on mere mortals, lest the situation is dire.

If they're going HAM with the nostalgia they're really loving up by not having the team learn SHAQ-FU, or the evil guys using a Team Summon at the end to bring in Sir Charles Barkley's KnightsOfTheRound-style CHAOS DUNK

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My wife and I both agreed the conspiracy nut poo poo soooooo did not age well.

But I really loved GvK. They did a great job finding excuses for them to be in conflict. MOM'S thread is the weakest of everything but I liked the whole "I'll H4><0r the Gibson with my 4 weeks of HTML camp knowledge" thing.

I do think Zilla torching Kong's monkey throne was a bit much tho. Way to be a dick.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Are you kidding? He's fly, you fool.

:aaaaa:

Lurdiak posted:

Well that's me and I say gently caress this movie.

:hai: The only silver lining I see is that I feel very confident that it's going to bomb hard

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Thing is he's not just a Conspiracy Theorists for Kaiju, saying that Monarch is hiding their true nature or something else that is only specific to the world of the film, but he's got every conspiracy going on, like the fluoride stuff, GMOs and he certainly mentions a bunch of other stuff. As i said, every Qanon and 9/11 truther thinks theyre that guy.

Yeah, and having Millie Bobby Brown going along with all of that stuff signals to us that it's sort of a good idea? That archetype just sucks right now.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I think the broad acting that people are directed to do in these big CGI things (this reminded me a lot of Transformers movies) did a disservice to MBB quite a bit, since they basically turn her into a total rear end in a top hat. Dennison brought her a van and she just immediately took it from him and tried to leave either without him or with him stuck under a wheel. And it's not like there was a rendezvous she was late for, she was going to ask a convenience store guy questions.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

theironjef posted:

I think the broad acting that people are directed to do in these big CGI things (this reminded me a lot of Transformers movies) did a disservice to MBB quite a bit, since they basically turn her into a total rear end in a top hat. Dennison brought her a van and she just immediately took it from him and tried to leave either without him or with him stuck under a wheel. And it's not like there was a rendezvous she was late for, she was going to ask a convenience store guy questions.

She shouldn't have brought him. She put him into a bunch of danger and he clearly regretted going almost immediately.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Vince MechMahon posted:

She shouldn't have brought him. She put him into a bunch of danger and he clearly regretted going almost immediately.

No he needed to be there. Who else was going to break the big computer by pouring soda on the keyboard. It's like literally the only thing the three of them actually contribute to the plot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Wait why did the high school kids go on an adventure with Paperboy again? I'm totally drawing a blank.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She believed his stuff and wanted to investigate and then they got stuck in a shipping container.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

JT Smiley posted:

Wait why did the high school kids go on an adventure with Paperboy again? I'm totally drawing a blank.

Look, someone had to spout exposition and hand-hold the audience through explaining MechaGodzilla’s existence even though it requires basically zero explanation given what the movie just loving shows us already in the first few human villain scenes and it’s not like the old Showa films ever gave an explanation any more complicated than “it’s aliens!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I guess we needed somebody to still push 'but Godzilla is actually good.'

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JT Smiley posted:

It’s fun.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Saw GvK

you know how like a month ago I was like "The human stuff in KOTM was bad but it didn't detract from the overall movie for me because of the love and care put into all the kaiju scenes"

Yeah the human stuff in GvK absolutely killed the movie for me. All I could think of how to describe it was Big Michael Bay Energy where everyone is a miserable gently caress who doesn't seem to like each other and every line of dialogue is either clumsy exposition or unfunny jokes. The Madison subplot was a giant waste of time that felt like it only existed because they had to have Millie Bobby Brown in the movie and I legitimately cannot tell you the names of any of the characters in the Kong subplot.

I didn't care for the human material in KOTM but GvK did what the human segments in a kaiju movie should never do, which is grate. I also don't think the fights or kaiju animation were as good as KOTM either, so it didn't even really have that going for it, though I did enjoy the final fight a bit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought the dude from the Kong half of the movie was Peter Krause

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The humans in GvK had the advantage of not being as overwhelming terrible as Captain Protagonist from KOTM who thankfully is massively sidelined here.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

The humans in GvK had the advantage of not being as overwhelming terrible as Captain Protagonist from KOTM who thankfully is massively sidelined here.

I absolutely disagree every single human character in this movie sucks way worse than anyone in KOTM because they're all trying to speak in pithy dialogue and none of it lands at all

I mean they cast Julian Dennison in their movie and then give him nothing to work with? The gently caress are they even doing?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 4, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I absolutely disagree every single human character in this movie sucks way worse than anyone in KOTM because they're all trying to speak in pithy dialogue and none of it lands at all

I mean they cast Julian Dennison in their movie and then give him nothing to work with? The gently caress are they even doing?

I will take the tiny adorable girl's friendship with King Kong 10 times out of 10 over one minute of any of the awful awful human characters in KotM. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean some of them are the awful human characters from KOTM.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I mean some of them are the awful human characters from KOTM.

Yes but the worst of them is sidelined so it's at least a step up!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ImpAtom posted:

I will take the tiny adorable girl's friendship with King Kong 10 times out of 10 over one minute of any of the awful awful human characters in KotM. :colbert:

That was as adorable as her teaching Kong sign language with nobody noticing was stupid.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I just wanna say, I was totally expecting the little girl to have some kind of psychic connection with Kong because, well, it's not like that's exactly rare in Godzilla movies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

That was as adorable as her teaching Kong sign language with nobody noticing was stupid.

Oh it was incredibly stupid but I'm not going to judge a movie where a nuclear-powered super lizard shoots his laser breath at an axe wielded by a giant monkey so they can defeat an evil robot version of the lizard haunted by the ghosts of a three-headed space dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I legitimately forgot Brian Cranston was in the 2014 Godzilla until it was mentioned in a GvK review I saw this weekend, and I can only imagine how much better all of these movies would’ve been if he’d been around for more than those first 20 minutes.