Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The only thing I heard about the Falcon and Winter Soldier issues, was they had to stop production due to Covid, and they potentially had an issue because the story supposedly dealt with a viral pandemic threat. Potentially forward thinking, but in hindsight, might not be the best time. Of course, the MCU quasi-parallel follows major world historical events anyway to still be relevant, if they were to follow through on that plot, would give them an in to work a modern pandemic back into their general lexicon. Of course, their comic bookness already completely interjected major deviations into their history, but still something to consider.

Aside from the secret/comic history running alongside what was our history, I think it started taking major deviations when Obama had only the one term and William Sadler became President? So like, generally parallel until Tony started doing his Iron Man thing.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The Thunderbolts thing seems pretty likely, especially with one of the writers just recently saying they plan to bring back some secondary characters to rehab them.

https://www.slashfilm.com/falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-reinvents-early-mcu-characters

Hammer, Blonsky, Samuel Sterns, then throw in some later Phase people like the obvious Zemo.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, and just how much of the movie has scene with zero white people in it. I was thinking, i'm glad that when Shang-Chi tells Kate that he actually did go through with his first hit, that the man he killed was her Grandfather.

Wait, what…. Oh drat.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reminds me of the old T2 ride, with pre-filmed footage intercut with suited actors/stunt people who dip in and out.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

So what's the translation on that to a widescreen tv, that result in vertical black bars?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

there are two very spoilery stills from No Way Home, possibly from the final trailer, circulating. neither will come as a surprise to anyone who's been following leaks/rumors about NWH, but be warned

I’m very happy they’re giving Kingo such a large role in NWH.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Seems an obvious opportunity to also bring in Danny DeVito for the joke “comic accurate” Wolverine.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

live with fruit posted:

There's also a picture of William Jackson Harper as "Quaz," and definitely not Reed Richards no sir.

Isn't this just making him Quasar? Possibly Wendell Vaughn? Seems like the last phase made several nods towards the Quantum Bands already. And I mean it's the Quantum Realm, so...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Had a dumb grin on my face for most of the movie. It wasn’t amazing, but it was solid entertainment. The roughest cg was Modok, but he was so hilariously ridiculous it still worked for me.

Not sure how the Kang timeline is supposed to work, not that a time traveling multi-versal villain will ever make sense. Guess it’s a swirling vortex of Kangs emerging, He Who Remains stopping them, him dying and them returning. Somewhere in there they cast out the Conqueror who posed a threat to them, becoming He Who Remains, or possibly just another of the outliers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Another returning character from the multi-verse for Deadpool 3:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/deadpool-3-jennifer-garner-returning-as-elektra-1235530539/

Not sure if the original Fox Daredevil-verse movies were also meant to take place in the X-men universe or not. Not that the Fox X-men universe had any sense of continuity to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The suit also allows Jackman not to have to OD on chicken breasts for several months.

As for the color scheme, I have a vague recollection that this resembles the costume seen in the X-Men comic seen in Logan? Am I wrong on that?

Edit: Not quite: https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/6/14821492/logan-x-men-comic-books-wolverine

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 10, 2023