Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

gently caress CANCER

Just horrible. His roles outside Black Panther were so good.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That looks so fun and basically amazing. Give it to me now Marvel!

Also, so awesome to see Katheryn Hahn!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's awesome! Leverage still remains one of my favorite shows.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Timby posted:

You should be happy, it's getting a revival with Hodge, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane and Beth Riesgraf reprising their roles.

What? That is fantastic news to hear!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gnome de plume posted:

RIP Sean Connery, who was in a comic book movie

I still enjoy that movie even with how bad it was.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

Bring back Billy Zane as the Phantom, you cowards!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What an exciting day!! Man I can't wait for basically everything to come out. It all looks so awesome

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

awesome! Blindspot was decent for a season or two but man it dragged on for the next ones. So glad it finally ended so she could be back in the MCU

I wonder how they explain her absence away? The last she was involved was in AoS but not sure if they will acknowledge that?

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 12, 2020

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

I figured they were trying to suggest Regan but knowing WB they probably have some Regan lovers in the exec so they didn't want him mocked or tarnished so we got someone with similar hair. Look at Captain Marvel, they did a really good job of making it the 90s. The music, how people dressed, the fact everyone is used to clunky computers. Maybe it works better because I remember the 90s better than the 80s, but it feels like window dressing more than anything. This story could have been set in any decade really.

Captain Marvel felt like it was in the 90s rather than WW having a 80s theme. With CM you had Blockbuster, payphone, beeper, the slow computer. These were things that were interacted with and help build that sense it was the 90s. (Music and dress also played a big role). WW was just a movie with a 80s theme. Beyond the decor of Steve's room, his outfit sequence and the jazzercise what else was really 80s?

Should note I grew up in the later 90s so I no nothing of the 80s really.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

I imagine the first scene is some kind of thing where Cable and Deadpool (and maybe Domino) pop through a time portal in the middle of Endgame's big fight scene, cue Reynolds yelling "WHAT DID YOU DO?!?"

"Cable was it? Your voice sounds very familiar but I just can't place it"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m a little disappointed he’s not chubby anymore.

Oh there better be a weight loss montage. Or a competion against Quill with Quill not changing at all.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

Richard Ayoade as Richards.
Noel Fielding as Ben Grimm.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Fully expect to see practically everyone, even if they are dead, back at some point. It's a multiverse after all! The small 3 minute cameo scene in something in 7 years would be the biggest pop in theatres.

Vvv: Yea and the money would be like a no brainer.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 18, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God drat I love those movies. It's just such crazy stupid fun. I'm all for it.

And let's go Helen Mirren drifting!

Endless Mike posted:

#JusticeForHan

I really wonder how they either explain him being alive. Like a while movie was about getting revenge on the guy who killed him. They might owe Shaw an apology

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Know practically nothing about Shang-Chi but that looks tons of fun.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So Donnie Yen in Blade 2 is the biggest waste of an actor right? He didn't have a single line and got killed off in a dark sewer that you can't see anything in.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

I think he kills a few rando vampires, that's about it.

Yea, he fought like 1 vampire for 2 minutes maybe

howe_sam posted:

Wasn't he there mostly as a behind the scenes fight choreography guy and they threw him in the film because hey why not?

Huh I didn't know that. That explains why he is just there in the background.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Sure. Cool.

As long as they bring Peter Stomare back.

Hell yes please do.

And Yea, probably in a minority, but the first one enjoyed so much.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Guardians 3 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcncLPi9zw

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Alright, finally back to being excited for a Marvel movie.
This looks so fun

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

Iirc, one of the bits of errata in the Guardians franchise that doesn't get delved into much is the presence of mostly universal translators in galactic society

Yea, when Peter is being 'scanned' it shows up

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just saw it. That was a very fun movie. Had some great laughs

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CzarChasm posted:

This is kind of interesting look back at the history of Punisher (2004). I have a soft spot in my heart for this movie and for Thomas Jane, a guy I always liked, but never seemed to reach his full potential.

Same. I still have really enjoy the movie and the way it was. I liked Jane's more methodical revenge than straight up killing people*

I hated Punisher: War Zone. Thought it was just so bad

*Netflix Punisher ruled hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Deadpool 3 Full trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMCNJP2ipI