Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is terribe news. RIP Chadwick. A great actor taken too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Brie Larsen posted this on her Instagram from the CM preimer
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEdRs2wDXFD/

It's really obvious how gaunt he looks. Man, the guy was a legend in so many ways.

This is also going to really piss me off more when someone goes "actually Black Panther is just a psyop to make the CIA look good and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart".

I thought he looked smaller and thinner in Endgame.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Wonder Woman's been pushed back to Christmas time.

Unsurprising. Tenet made $20 million over 2 weeks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would have seen Tenet opening weekend if it wasn't for all of this, but I'm going to wait for it to appear on digital.

You and nearly everyone else on the planet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm here for this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Movies are never coming out again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah it's more fear for the future, and that the longer they're closed the less likely it is they'll ever come back.

I've got some bad news about the future.

Especially if you are in the UK.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Destruction of theaters and social entertainment is another layer of societal atomization, but $8 popcorn.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao they should have just done Kirby's OG design.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh nice. I like hbo max.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HBO Max is legit the best streaming service for actual good movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The United States posted:

Does HBO Max still only have a small portion of the movies that the Criterion Channel does?

Yes. I have no idea if they rotate. I've had it for a month.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Okay who can H Jon Benjamin play in Deadpool 3?

ID the Selfish Moon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Let Bautista pull double duty as Ben Grimm plz

According to first responders he made an excellent one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:vince:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Isreal is bombing the gaza strip to promote WW84. Just the way Gal would want it.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SanaSaeed/status/1342699473919746050?s=19

I cant wait to watch it. :)

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 26, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How accurate are these stills? Because holy moley that is a Hebdo caricature come to life.
https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1342680937847533568?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think DC works best as TV shows and Marvel works best as movies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Doom Patrol is superior to basically every single DC live action movie, it's true.

Both Batman shows are better than 7 of the 11 live action batman movies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

There are at least 5 Batman shows!

I only counted the live action. If we expand to animated, 7 out of 9 batman shows are better than 8 of the 13 batman movies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Disney perfected deaging cgi.

WB perfected time travel

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 4, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

It's only January 4th and Trump's latest attempt to pervert democracy only takes up so much of the news-cycle.

Oh no is he still failing at what was accomplished in '00?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Deadpool created the mcu with his time fuckery

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

He's already slumming it in Adam McKay comedies, he'll go back eventually.

"Slumming in Adam McKay comedies"

:allears:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wonder woman 84 is such a stupid movie.

The new powers, most of the politics, whenever they do a front view of her running.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 18, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really want to know who was responsible for the character dialog in the movie, because yikes, it's rough.

It isnt great.

Am I crazy to think Gadot has gotten worse at acting?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I dont think it helps Pine, Wiig, and Pascal are better actors and actresses.

The only actor worse than Gadot is the kid that played Max's son.

Edit: and I was very disappointed in the lightening lassoing. Why even do it at that point?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly my biggest confusion with 84 is like.

You have a plot about Wonder Woman losing her powers. You also have a plot about a suit of golden armor that can defend against almost anything which is normally worthless to a character who is functionally invincible and which has giant wings.

Wonder Woman dons the giant winged suit of protective armor after she gets her powers back and learns to fly

Yes and she goes back to DC to grab the armor after leaving DC!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lobok posted:

Oh that golden suit was from the comics? Gotta hand in my BSS Movie Thread membership card I guess.

You have never read Kingdom Come?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lobok posted:

I'm waiting for that DC comics subscription to become available in Canada later this year and then I can go to town. I've read my fair share of Superman, Batman, GL, and Flash over the years but yeah, not a lot of their big/event/crossover/famous miniseries comics.

Yeah that should be one of your first reads. Kingdom Come is a top 10 DC story.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fangz posted:

It feels like there was a time when that kind of media personality was just a kinda zany, relatively harmless sort of thing?

Nah. Demagouges have always been around, but radio and TV is what changed the propaganda game.

Look at Father Coughlin and Buckley.

The fairness doctrine just allowed us to be more inundated with it. News turning from news to opinion has not helped either.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 21, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

site posted:

So this is the only post of his I see on a quick check

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1356271405210460162?s=19

What exactly is the big deal that I'm missing. Is there an older post getting dragged up somewhere

I take issue in Batfleck not yelling "I'M THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pictures of Sean Gunn and Kieran Gillian are floating around.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

I certainly hope that Erin Kellyman isn't playing Sin, kinda weird to cast a biracial actress as a version of Red Skull's Nazi daughter

Why? There are biracial nazis

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't think Red Skull as he was presented in the movies is even called out as buying into that part of the ideology. He literally betrayed the Reich the first chance he got and seemed more concerned with the world domination and control aspect than racial purity or whatever.

Sin could just be the daughter of whatever hydra leader they have used and doesn't have to be a nazi. Crossbones was just some hydra mook.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lager posted:

So wait, if Flag Smashers are ancaps and US Agent ends up being a chuddy rear end in a top hat wrapping himself in the flag like Ultimate Cap...If Falcon and Winter Soldier spend the series beating up libertarians and alt-right shitheads it will be the greatest television show ever.

I too want the falcon and the winter soldier to beat up the fbi and cia.

Edit: the flag smashers are going to be controlled by some made up eastern European country who is a stand in for russia.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 9, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Zemo is going to end all superheros by beginning a number of social programs to end war and poverty and coming up with clean water solutions and green energy tech.

It would be incredible if zemo's plan is to liberate avengers technology to be given to the proletariat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The central thesis of the Ledger Joker has been proven correct. He is not insane.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

One of my favorite current conspiracies is that Jared Leto is cia.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Also less severe but still unprofessional. Didn't Joss also get into arguements with Adam Baldwin over politics on set.
Yeah I know about Adam Baldwin, but this was 2002, Republicans still had their dignity back then.

No they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Bravestarr is the least bad thing fimilation ever made and it was also the last thing they ever made

Wrong
https://youtu.be/XsuTccKKGjo
https://youtu.be/AWzoi1cx7_U