Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Made my post in the wrong thread last night:

New Mutants wasn’t terrible. Was definitely going for the YA market, so, I guess we’ll see what they think about it. I thought Magik was the standout, and Lockheed is in the movie

Found out about Boseman during the credits, waiting for the second feature at the drive in, which was Black Panther of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Am I the only one cringing when a white nerd posts the "Wakanda Forever" pose on social media?

My friends showed me that SNL sketch while we were waiting to see New Mutants.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Killmonger survives, and does a full face turn

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

So like...does someone at some point stop Illyana or call her out? Does the movie in any way decide to tackle that? Maybe I don't get Magik, but it's striking me as odd for a Russian woman to be prejudice against Native Americans.

Yeah. Like right after the comment about the buffalo wings, Dani has her stand up to the bully moment, where she gets in Illyana’s face, and tells her how pathetic and immature her insults are.

Illyana isn’t a very nice person, and is also trying to antagonize Dani into using her power that nobody, even Dani, knows what it is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Ant Man is going to be held responsible for the time heist.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There’s that issue of Avengers (issue 34 from 2014) by Hickman where Captain America is at the end of time with the various incarnations of Kang.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Iron Man had that famous story about his blood alcohol content.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno complains about Meltzer putting Roy Harper with Hawkgirl in his JLA, but those were the least toxic relationships either ever had. Roy had a bright future for a minute there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Spider-Man 2002 felt like a response to Batman 89. Super hero movies lived in that shadow until Iron Man kind of established the Marvel movie method.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-O posted:

Option C:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

X-Men should jump right to Krakoa, then. :getin:

It could work. You could make the X-Men at the start of the movie feel like this mysterious group that whisks teenagers off to Neverland.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Let Bautista pull double duty as Ben Grimm plz

According to first responders he made an excellent one

Had both those thoughts before I got to your post.

Problem with Bautista as Grimm, is that he’d be less scary looking as the rock monster.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I wouldn’t mind a recap of Wanda/Vision scenes the week before WandaVision.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My most prominent memory from the Joker movie was someone’s baby crying in the front row.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It's kind of frustrating that 30 years of Hawkeye being a competent hero and leader was thrown out the window so people can make stupid and unfunny "worst Hawkeye" jokes.

Hawkguy? Competent?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Do I need to see the first eighty three Wonder Woman movies to understand this one?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think the DCCU version of Batman (Batfleck) is supposed to be an older Batman who has gone through a ton of poo poo? Although now the upcoming The Batman seems to be heavily inspired by Batman Year One. I think that's going to be a separate continuity?

Yeah, the Batfleck Batman is supppsed to be partially inspired by Dark Knight Returns.

The Batman better do the scene where Batman crashes Falcone’s dinner party.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m still mad that Snyder ruined that line in the movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I can’t untangle my memories of Iron Man 2 from those of the trailer. Pepper kissing the helmet before throwing it out of the plane, and the Iron Man/War Machine side by side are super memorable, and it’s nuts the former didn’t even end up in the final movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Love that movie, and the ballroom scene between Selina and Bruce is legit great.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

He... does stay to assist with search and rescue though? This scene takes place sometime after the blast and presumably he got a lot of those other people out.

e:fb

I think a customer from my comic shop was in that scene. There was also another customer that was a Daily Planet employee that walks around Clark and Perry while they talk in the hallway.

So much of that movie was filmed in Detroit. I almost went downtown to be a Lexcorp employee, and where Batman and Superman fight is a very popular urban exploration spot that was also used in Transformers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Are any of the DC Universe animated movies since the first few?

Does Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles count?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I will take the tiny adorable girl's friendship with King Kong 10 times out of 10 over one minute of any of the awful awful human characters in KotM. :colbert:

That was as adorable as her teaching Kong sign language with nobody noticing was stupid.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Putting Cranston opposite of Dance would have been pretty great.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My baseless assumption about Shazam 2: Electric Magic Boogaloo using an original villain, is because the name Isis is a no go.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If the Pattinson Batman does well, it’d be cool to see him get tossed around by Bautista.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m hoping the next Thor movie is going to be like that Superwoman issue of All Star Superman, where Jane gets powers, and has mythologies greatest hunks competing for her affections.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wait doesn't Alpha take place after 1(no one cares) leading up to 2?

I think so? The original Street Fighter was such a nothing game.

I wouldn’t mind a Sub Zero animated movie based off of Sub Zero 2 meeting Scorpion, finding out Noob Saibot is his brother, and teaming up with Smoke against the cyborgs Sektor and Cyrax. And probably throw in Frost somewhere.

Also, shoe horn in Reptile, Ermac, and Rain to have all the ninjas.

Mortal Kombat was initially inspired by kung fu movies, but it’s slathered in layers of American comic book style lore.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hopefully Nubia is in the movie too.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Here's Aqua Carnage to answer some of your questions

Ha. That’s just the Water Wars Iceman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We used rocks for the caps that came with the Robocop figures.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How about the other 90’s MJ subplot of her being offered a movie role, but it includes a nude scene?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The new Eternals comic is pretty good. Everyone has big, dramatic personalities.

I wonder if they’ll mention Thanos in the movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I remember reading something about the city seen in the Quantum Realm had some sort of connection to Black Knight/Eternals. Does anyone have any comics information about that?

In the latest series at least, the Eternal and Deviant cities are in like a sub space parallel to real world locations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Deviants are a bunch of Kirby monsters, with a few looking human enough to spout Kirby/Lee style villain dialogue. At least initially.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

No wonder he was Black Bolt. Stupid poo poo comes out of his mouth when he talks, so they gave him a non speaking role.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looks like they’re just going to let her have dark hair as the Mighty Thor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Only if it were the only way for them to receive oral sex, and the lack of oral sex would negatively effect their life.

Anyone remember that Iron Man letters column from like the seventies or eighties where the letter writer proposed that Tony Stark, as an industrialist, should be an objectivist, and the only people he should be concerned about saving are Pepper and Happy because the loss of one of them may effect his ability to run his company?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He put Lloyd in the prison scene in Guardians.

Would love a anthology type movie like Twilight Zone: The Movie, or Four Rooms, with James Gunn, Peter Jackson, and Sam Raimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s completely understandable if he doesn’t want to attach himself to another franchise for the rest of his life. I’d be doing weird rear end art pieces too.