Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am excited for Ant-Man 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was already two films deep in an MCU rewatch but I'm probably gonna have to rewatch BP tomorrow. This is just unreal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

site posted:

I just extremely don't want to see digital boseman being the king of necropolis, and seeing as his mcu arc is Dad dies, fights to become king, dies in iw, comes back, dies again, it isn't that hard of a sell and Disney is obviously not above doing that to beloved movie stars and their characters

They'll do Digital Boseman, but it'll be in the Ancestral Plane when Shuri sees him after becoming the new Black Panther and we'll all cry like at the end of Furious 7

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I want more T'Challa stories so loving bad but I don't know how they could possibly get away with just straight-up recasting him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The joke is that no one actually wants to have that conversation and also that it is an extremely inappropriate time to have it anyway

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rewatching BP now and I never noticed that Killmonger takes the Black Panther necklace that T'Challa rejects earlier in the movie as too flashy, heh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Soonmot posted:

But also: Good for him, there's no reason why your job needs to know your private health information unless you want them too.

I think being a top-billed actor on a film is a little different. If you get hurt it's going to shut down production and impact a lot of other people. This isn't blaming Boseman, it's just very complicated and we obviously don't know the full details. If he was healthy enough to get cleared by his doctors then whatever.

Arist fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 2, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jesus christ The Batman shut down again due to COVID

because Robert Pattinson got it

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/robert-pattinson-the-batman-coronavirus

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's really interesting to me that they'd go full damage control mode and actively seek to protect Johns by going full in on blaming the others. Like, of course they'd do that, but also, woooooooow

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good for Fisher for playing this smart

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Some weird thing where Chris Evans accidentally leaked his own nudes I think? I only found out about it just now when I went to Twitter specifically trying to figure out what that post was talking about.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I feel weird discussing this, it's not really anyone's business.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I could see it as early Phase 5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've seen people grumbling about how it would suck if Black Widow, of all possible characters, isn't able to get a theater release for her movie, but at the same time, I'm not sure what Disney would be expected to do. They have to release the movie eventually.

Also, even if Premier Access didn't work out for Mulan, surely an MCU movie has a different draw though, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barry Convex posted:

given how long it’ll be before theaters can return to semi-normal operations, I wonder if they might even consider releasing movies to the standard Disney+ service and forgoing the Premier Access fee. it’d be an extreme loss-leader, I imagine, but these are extreme times and maybe it’d be worth it in the long run to keep people subscribing while preventing further knock-on delays? idk

If they go "we're going to put Black Widow and Eternals on regular Disney+," I bet a significant number of people wouldn't bother canceling in between. The problem is that from what I hear Disney+ actually has pretty decent retention numbers already, so they may have already made most of the money they would have there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They were definitely supposed to have Falcon and Winter Soldier by now, but they absolutely launched too early.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

site posted:

I mean at this point I'd be surprised if Disney+ wasn't hemorrhaging subs because they haven't put any new content on it since mando last year. I dunno what their reluctance is

E: ^^^ if true I wonder what it is thats keeping people paying for it

I'm assuming a lot of it's "they have the entire back Disney catalog so my young children love keeping it on all the time" subs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd probably pay the $30 for an MCU movie because that's about what a whole-rear end trip to the movies usually costs for me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please hurry up and cast She-Hulk already so I can be disappointed as soon as possible

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m trying to think of the last time I was dissapointed by Marvel casting and coming up short. Maybe Benedict Cumberbatch? That was less because he was a bad choice and more that it was a bit on the nose.

It's not that Marvel has necessarily let me down, it's that I can't imagine who could possibly live up to the character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm legitimately bummed we never got more of the stuff from the end of Iron Fist Season 2.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Huh, holy poo poo

Gonna need to see the effects, but pretty happy with this even if I never saw Orphan Black. This has the right mix of notable and inspired in terms of casting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I excited to find out who they cast as Kamala Kahn/Ms Marvel

I imagine it'll have to be a total unknown, but I'm very excited nonetheless.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope that the Marvel shows are closer to Mandalorian than to any of the Netflix stuff. Not just in terms of tone, but in regards to not having to be slow-paced serialized arcs constantly. Like, there should be a seasonal arc, but tell it through mostly episodic stories instead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How am I just now noticing that the show's logo looks like that :doh:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Today in unsurprising news: Eternals has been delayed again, to November 5, 2021.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, they already pushed it to February, and even if the pandemic magically vanished by then they have to put Black Widow somewhere (because it's not happening this year, lmao) so I get it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, what the gently caress, Shang-Chi is suddenly before Eternals? That's... weird. Last I heard they were still trying to shoot that with covid precautions, but Eternals already wrapped, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vince MechMahon posted:

The VFX are what wasn't done. That means he was most likely already at picture lock though. Which I'm surprised about because it contradicts all the talk of it being an assembly cut before.

"Picture lock" is an extremely nebulous term even within the industry. JL was apparently at picture lock, but all that means is that there was some informal non-binding agreement somewhere that "okay, we'll stop loving with the edits now" that probably got violated anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If there was still tons of unfinished VFX then the movie wasn't "basically done." It's not even "basically done" now, considering they're doing reshoots.

And the reason people were saying it was an assembly cut is because there was a zero percent chance WB was going to release a 3 1/2 hour movie into theaters especially after BvS failed to do the gangbusters they wanted.

You're acting like Snyder didn't have any stake in embellishing here and stating that "the movie's finished!" even if it still needed more time, which he plainly did. He got to galvanize the fanbase around it and also get an ego boost, which hey, I get.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the Phoenix well is thoroughly poisoned at this point.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They made some really weird character decisions to be fair.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dacap posted:

I assume this means they’re continuing multiverse shenanigans from the Dr Strange sequel?

But this is scheduled for before that movie! Dr. Strange is still 2022 right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm still mad at ASM2 about Foxx's character. Dude clearly had mental issues and was portrayed sympathetically until whoops time for him to be a scary evil bad guy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Honestly probably Yuri Lowenthal or Josh Keaton for me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Movie theaters are good, what the gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Who are those people and why should I care about their Snyder Cut takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

Inkoo Kang works for THR and wrote the Criterion essay for Parasite, an actual good movie.

Not Kang, the Twitter randos (though McCloud edited the post)