Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

It’s also the only way to stream the first 9 Seasons of the simpsons over and over unless you can still watch them on fx’s website or whatever.

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Cesar Romero’s ghost as joker confirmed.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

This is the second time today people just wishing there were more details with the Ray Fisher abuse issue has been responded to with “actually you’re just borderline racist”.

Can we not?

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Basically this. Nobody is actually on the studios side here and none of us are owed any information from the guy. People here aren’t demanding information directly from Ray Fisher.

Wanting to know more about a story and saying “man I wish there was more info” doesn’t make you racist.

You can be behind the dude and still want to know more there’s nothing wrong with that.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I keep watching it and it just seems dumber and dumber!

Just have it break, or pin him to the wall/floor! Why was “bounce off his head like a basketball” even on the table?!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Roth posted:

You ever try smashing a crate open with a headbutt?

All the time, there’s money and ammo in there.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Lol that people think Batman kicking the poo poo out of people in the most violent way possible was some deep metaphor and not just Snyder doing whatever he thought looked cool like everything else he’s made.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I wonder if people are still talking about Cactus Ja-

:yikes:

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Davros1 posted:

Would you settle for current AEW announcer (and former WCW announcer) Tony Schiavone?

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1077783423933169664?s=20

I don't know; bumping into that thing looks like it'd result in a trip to the hospital.

Schiavone yelling “IT STIIIIIIIIIINGSSS” 10 times a day trying to navigate around that thing.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

bushisms.txt posted:

Sorry, lurker, here.

I feel like this is a really disengenous question, and frankly I think the discussion about character interpretations to screen only matters to a point. A movies baggage is only as long as it's credits, anything outside the film, especially from other media really doesn't matter. Just like Donner, Burton, and Nolan Snyder started a new franchise, so leveraging how good something is based on the tone and themes of its predecessors is inane.

My favorite comic book arc of all time is Planet Hulk to World War Hulk, and not only does the MCU mangle and twist this to suit other characters, it's too the detriment of Bruce, who essentially becomes their pet weapon.

Spider-Man, my second favorite character has only been done right in The amazing spider-man franchise, and yet they're hated because he's too comic book accurate, Peter park was only not "cool" before the bite. Raimi took away the webshooters and his intellect, reducing him to a brute that's handed victories from the villains, Doc Ock's mistreatment still being my biggest cinematic disappointment. Doc Ock is savage and tenacious, but they make him job to Peter, after showing his arms act independent of him. Then he kills himself after apologizing, talk about character assassination. And it's hailed as the greatest comic-book film still by some.

If you've read the comic books, you'd know all the teeth is in the events, hell a lot of comic books get by on edge, what's the black king event right now doing? But there's no edge in Snyder's vision. He's showing how a mythical being would rock the boat in our cynical world. Pa Kent told him to hide and yet he chooses a lovely nomadic life to help people. Then he hunts and turns a crazy rich rear end in a top hat who's beating and torturing poor people whenever he wants, into fighting the actual bad guys(unfettered capitalism).

But with the MCU, they take out the teeth of things. Look at iron man 2, remember when we were excited it was gonna be the demon in a bottle arc, then they handled it in like 5 minutes? And they minimize the body count so much all of the new shots in civil War had me thinking the twist was going to be they joined forces when they find out it's all faked, but nope. Stark is the villain of the franchise, like he's the cause of most everything, least up to civil war, yet he still gets to be a hero after his death. In the comics there'd be a lot more work done to get to that point, including clones and a ton more magic, hell they could've adopted how they handled Richard Reed in the comics, but with their philosophy, no.

I'm not a "Snyder fan", I'm a fan of good movies. My current favorite MCU film is Captain marvel, loved it's take on girl power more than WW, i and it has the single most dynamic shot in the entire franchise.

I think the SnyderCut is a good thing for everyone. It's insane to me that some people were actually saying that the suits saw how bad it was so that's why they started making him change things, but in doing so they're saying the suits are right about art, which isn't ever really the case. Now studios blunders can be rolled back, does anyone want to live with that OG Suicide squad? It was an objective mess and now there's a chance another creative gets his vision seen. And maybe more after that.

Yes there's a portion of his fans who are toxic, but not only does that apply to every other fandom, no other fandom was getting gaslit like they were. Yeah I said it, gas lit. You have half the internet saying it's bad and that anyone who likes it is an idiot, then you have a quarter of that who take it even further and call them and Snyder fascists and more based on YouTubers. I say YouTubers because the films don't ever support any claims they make. They'll pay a clip of the villain saying something then turn to camera and be like, that's what Snyder believes. Ironically they're using fascist rhetoric, Snyder is both a dumb surfer bro who has no clue about anything and everything good he does is an accident, but at the same time, he's able to weave randian objectivism into his films.

I'm just excited to see him finish the trilogy, which is crazy because I was one of the people saying the whole thing was dumb, including battfleck, on this hellsite back in the day, though I think a proper MoS2 wouldn't have hurt. I usually just type something, delete it and move on, but as we get closer to endgame, it's getting harder not to let it get to me, so please scroll on, sorry for the interruption.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t really feel like digging that far back into the thread but most of the people here were pointing out how hosed up it was to give a teenager a spy/killbot army. Also how hosed up it was that Stark had even built it in the first place.

Aphrodite posted:

That's hard to make into a gif.

This is the better answer though.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I too hope that he grows into the man that I love, and by “man” I mean Miles Morales and by “grows into” I mean is replaced with.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I’m wondering how they’re going to deal with the power creep. Captain marvel and Strange are already kind of hitting the ceiling, but Wanda bending reality is a whole different level. I’m hoping they don’t kill her off but having a reality bender running around seems pretty OP regardless of the situation. Unless they go the X-men animated series route and have her be knocked out in the first 5 seconds of every fight like Jean and Xavier.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe an element of the upcoming Secret Invasion mini?

Was that one of the shows announced? It feels like forever ago I only remember a handful off the top of my head.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. It has a writer and stars Fury and the Skrull from Captain Marvel, and is supposed to start filming in April. So like I could see it being a show set between Captain Marvel and Endgame or something and factor into the retconning of SWORD into the universe. That makes more sense to me than having a whole massive Skrull invasion of super heroes in a 6 episode mini series on Disney+.

The announced shows so far are:

WandaVision - now
Falcon & Winter Soldier - March
Loki - May
What If...? - "mid 2021"
Ms. Marvel - "late 2021"
Hawkeye - "late 2021"
Moon Knight - "2022"
She-Hulk - "2022"
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - "2022"
Secret Invasion - ??, but filming in April
Iron Heart - ??
Armor Wars - ??, but set to film soon
Wakanda series - ??

Oh wow I didn’t realize so many of them come out this year that’s awesome!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I'd rather read the same loving snyder chat over and over again every three weeks. Wandavision and many of the D+ shows are tied into the MCU and belong here. If anything, please make a Syderverse thread so this poo poo can be quarantined.

There is one they just like to bring the fun here every once in a while.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

DC crossing over with ringu, but I ain’t watching till they bring in the grudge.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Tazz is old Batman, Cage is Grayson, Starks is Todd and hook is Damien. Yup it’s all there.

E: Oops my bad Stahks is Jason Todd

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 9, 2021

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Not every defense of Snyder needs to be jammed through a prism of “BUT DISNEY BAD TOO!”

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Has that douchebag even made anything since justice league? I remember he went dark for a while cause “everyone is making fun of me for age of ultron sucking rear end” then he did justice league then :shrug: granted I didn’t really follow him very much before or after that.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Charmed was better than Buffy anyway. Fight me nerds!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Yeah who gives a poo poo at this point, even if all he did was tweet Whedon sucks rear end and nothing else I’d agree, because Whedon in fact sucks rear end.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Lol the ol “when it’s good I did it, when it’s bad you did it” argument.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t think anyone expects them to all show up in the finale, but they are dealing with some crazy powerful stuff that leads to a movie called “multiverse of madness” so the groundwork seems like it’s being laid down at least.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Yeah I’m not sure what arguing with someone’s days old dumb opinion accomplishes.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://youtu.be/DaOgZwk9rN8

Also really? “We live in a society”? :jerkbag:

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

If you’re going to make a multimillion dollar poo poo post it should at least be funny, and not give Jared Leto work preferably.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

bushisms.txt posted:

Thank you for proving you don't get the movies I guess. All you have to do is find zacks interviews on the subjects, he's done a bunch. His words are plain enough.

It always ends up boiling down to this.

There’s nothing to “get”, dude makes stylish but mediocre movies and there’s nothing wrong with liking them. You don’t also need to try to elevate them to some kind of masterpiece to justify your enjoyment of bad movies.

Everyone likes dumb poo poo.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Sure depth is a thing but Snyder’s splashing around in kiddy pools while his fans are trying to sell an ocean.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

bushisms.txt posted:

Never said masterpiece, and why are they bad? There's something to get, that's why they're constantly talked about, unlike any individual mcu film. Is it just the same old, got your characters wrong complaint? The cgi not colorful enough?

:jerkbag: Just keep banging that drum.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Maybe if we say all of Snyder’s movies are great and everything we like is poo poo cause we’re all dumb babies, they’ll go away.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://youtu.be/9sL102pyaLg

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

SonicRulez posted:

Why isn't there a Snydertalk containment cell?

The last two pages have been people trying to engage with someone who disagrees that Man of Steel has any flaws whatsoever for (New) God's sake.

There’s 2 now!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Sounds like a real bonehead move.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The thing is there’s TWO Snyder threads in CD but saying his name 3 times in a mirror summons them here.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t think that’s necessary, and I know theres not a lot of movie news cause of Covid but just talk about ANYTHING else for a week.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I watched them up to 3? When I really should have stopped at 1, but they said it had soundwave in it. :eng99:

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

You’ll get plasma hands and you’ll like it!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

It would be funny if they actually went that route and somehow found a way to make it MORE violent than just standard neck biting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

No don’t! Embrace the Baychat!