Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Whoa whoa whoa what.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I cannot even wrap my head around the fact he had this for four years. He did so much work during the last four years while going through this. Goddamn what an amazing man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, I'm pretty sure that Infinity War/Endgame was the last stuff he did for Marvel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh goddammit. That story and he was going through it at the same time. Wow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo that looks amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Digital Jedi posted:

What? That is fantastic news to hear!

Eh, it's an IMDB original series so who knows what the hell that means. It also has Noah Wylie replacing Tim Huttton. While that's a welcome upgrade in the "at least he's not a sexual predator" department he's also a considerable downgrade in every other conceivable way and is pretty forgettable as an actor. And while I definitely don't want Hutton back under any circumstances he did kind of hold everything together in the original series. But nobody wants to see him anymore after the accusations against him. We'll see how it goes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

The cops in the sewers thing was so goddamned stupid.

I mean it's where most belong so there's that least.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only stamp of approval needed.

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1311394874084614144

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Multiverse shenanigans ahoy.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1314261858963120128

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Option A: Spider-Verse Fun

Option B: The storyline from the comics where Strange helps Peter put his secret identity back in the box

Option C:

I know I'm rooting for Option C.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well he's already got the Mr. Knight costume down.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The man was just trying to lay down some flowers for his family and this lady just had to negligently run right over them. drat sad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't care how or why but I'll take it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really hope they're loosely adapting the Lemire run. May Calamawy as the psych doctor Emmet from that run would be good. Set in an insane asylum right off the bat and really go for the wild stuff later in the run.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite film. The problem isn't the length. The problem is that it's going to be a four hour Justice League film by Zack Snyder. I'm someone that actually enjoys Man of Steel and I want nothing to do with that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KVeezy3 posted:

O.K. but no one is forcing you to watch the oppressive 4 hour cut of Justice League.

No poo poo. Nobody is forcing you to post dumb things either. But here we are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Has anything been confirmed about Walker's role in the series? I've seen a few people throw around the psycho/mentally disturbed thing about US Agent in this series. And as said that doesn't really track with the character in the comics so unless they've actually said that's how it is in the show I'm not sure exactly where that's coming from. And if that's what they've said about Walker in this series they may be combining US Agent with a little bit of Nuke as well as that seems more his bag.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keanu is exactly who Sony would pick to be Kraven. Because it's completely wrong.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just imagine Keanu doing accent work as Kraven. It's going to be really bad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Just like their Spider-man casting.

:frogc00l:

Took them three times and an MCU partnership to get that one right.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think that whether you like the movies or don't it's pretty obvious that Snyder Talk is a poisoned well at this point and anybody that drinks from it turns into a raging idiot. I'll be glad when this is released and there's some actual discussion from those that watch it and then we can put it to bed for good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

We're getting hot takes on these movies until the end of time. Strap in friend.

No, we're not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Karloff posted:

I got to be honest, I feel this thread is far nicer to people who like Snyder films than the Snyderdome is to people who don't.

That's because one of the mods really likes one of Snyder's DC movies a lot. He's a Pro Snyder partisan hack.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I would be 100% in favor of a blanket ban on Snyder talk in this thread.

In case you missed it there's a movie coming out March 18th that needs discussion. But after that, come April, Snyder Talk will be verboten in this thread. The reason is that one of the mods hates Snyder Talk and thinks that it makes everything worse. He's an Anti Snyder partisan hack.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There are versions of Batman that have a no kill rule and versions that don't. It's fine. The only heroes I think generally have that rule, or should, are characters like Superman or Spider-Man. The problem is that when they do things in the comics it's a comic and it looks fine. If you try to produce that same thing in a film then it looks terrifying because of the motion, physics, etc. So yeah Superman grabs someone and rams through a wall in the comics it's fine but he does that in a movie and your mind wonders if there's anyway that guy could survive. Probably not, but it's a comic book movie so probably so.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

All of the Avengers kill dudes in the opening scene of Age of Ultron. And that's fine because A) gently caress those guys they're basically Nazis and B) Nobody on that team has a silly no kill rule. As long as preserving all life at all costs isn't a core fundamental of a character then I don't see the problem as long as they're not out there like the Punisher and just murdering anything that moves and taking pleasure in it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They're after Hawkeye for dropping off the grid and going on an indulgent self destructive rampage over the loss of his family. Similar to someone like Frank Castle for instance. They're after him more to help him, not because he's out there killing dudes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bushisms.txt posted:

Yep thor and blade are the exact same as Tony stark and Bruce wayne. When you said you weren't born before 89, I should've known your take was gonna be in bad faith.

You know what. I think you've had enough of this thread and the thread has had enough of you. Take yourself a break for a while.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bushisms.txt posted:

I never said mature, that was other people. Considering Batman already beats people up because he can, thinking he's doesn't have a limit is a fantasy, fantasy isn't about maturity or childishness, just wishful thinking. On top of that, we can assume he's been doing this at least 20+years easily, so thinking a man can "fail" so much and not lose their way is a stretch, especially for the human condition. I know we're tilting into the killing joke and even that ends with joker dying depending on who you ask

I wasn't making a suggestion earlier with this post:

X-O posted:

You know what. I think you've had enough of this thread and the thread has had enough of you. Take yourself a break for a while.

Stop posting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A recurring theme in Spider-Man, almost too recurring if you ask me, is his personal guilt over people that he believes are dead or hurt because of him. Whether directly or indirectly. The personal guilt he feels is kind of a defining trait and is the reason killing doesn't work for his character.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Surprising to see someone with the word Juggalo in their username go to bat for the lovely clown image.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stop making blanket statements about wide swaths of people.

Stop posting about other posters and their posting histories.

Stop posting about other threads in other subforums.

Stop posting tweets filled with screenshots of other tweets to make points for you.

Stop posting image macros.

Continue to discuss things in a relatively level headed way free of pointing and name calling. Oh wait. No actually you have to start doing that before continuing it. So do that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This thread is still a Star Wars free thread so don't any of you get any bright ideas about moving to that topic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

McCloud posted:

Wait a minute, why is star wars chat forbidden?

For the same reason Snyder Chat will be come April. Because it always leads to pain.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sentinel Red posted:

"Now only Mokap, Ermac and Noob Saibot stand between the ancient, eldritch demi-god Doug and multiversal domination."

Are those real Mortal Kombat names?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

One week aint enough time to talk about justice league

Some would say it's too much. But the 18th-31st isn't one week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

8 year olds indeed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In the same interview where he said this was the last one on his contract he also said he'd sign to make 10 more without a moment of hesitation and even added that Sony and Marvel have worked out their deal now and something like what happened after Far From Home is not likely to happen again. He said he just wanted a little break before the next one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

YES SIGN ME UP

quote:

Deadline has confirmed that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing a Superman reboot feature for Warner Bros and DC, which J.J. Abrams is producing under his Bad Robot label.
https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-reboot-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-with-ta-nehisi-coates-writing-j-j-abrams-producing-1234701922/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arist posted:

It's nuts to me that one of the generation's pre-eminent thinkers on race is also a pretty good comics writer. Not a complaint, that's just wild to think about. The medium's come a long way.

The first half of his Black Panther run and his Captain America run are both excellent comics. The current half of his Black Panther leaves a lot to be desired. But I have no doubt he'll absolutely nail Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

THR seems pretty convinced.

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1365356663453011969?s=19

This will be exciting. And it's always a plus when you can piss off the worst parts of society by doing something like this.