Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I still remember someone in CineD or something suggesting a Superman movie where Superman beats Bizarro to death while crying, and everyone ridiculed them for suggesting Superman killing a villain, even reluctantly, would be in any way what the audience wants to see and nobody making a Superman movie would be dumb enough to do something like that.

And then Man of Steel came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Shuri and Star Lord are being recast and will now be played by Chris Evans and Robert Downy Jr.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wasn't she also liking/retweeting messages saying BP2 should be cancelled and/or she should be recast? It seemed like a lot of bridge burning.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know Far From Home teased the Multiverse, and that's gonna be the focus of the next Dr Strange movie, but having the next Spider-Man movie apparently also focusing on that is not at all what I was expecting. I'm not even sure if it's what I want, at least not for the next Spider-Man movie.

I wonder how all of this is going to play out though. Remember when Sam Neill was cast in Thor Ragnarok and we were all speculating on what role he was playing and what it meant for the MCU and then it just turned out he was playing Odin in a stage play?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Captain Marvel, apparently the casting for the Ms. Marvel show has got people really upset.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Shaquille O'Neal was just confirmed to reprise his role as Steel in Spider-Man 3.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sony just announced Macy Gray is coming back for Spider-Man 3.

Also here's the first teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSRMWw8Y_0

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently they also confirmed they are not recasting T'Challa.

So either T'Challa is gonna be dead in BP2, or we're gonna get a CGI monstrosity.

Or maybe they'll just have characters be like "I just came from seeing T'Challa. He's really busy right now, but he told me to tell you 'Wakanda Forever'"

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 11, 2020

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Inhumans was such a massive misstep I really want to hear how it even happened.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK just hear me out.

Adam Sandler as Ben Grimm.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The only thing problematic about Iron Man 1 was Terrence Howard and they rectified that in all future movies.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
How do Snyder fans feel about Wonder Woman? Both the movie, and the character in general.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 15, 2020

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rewatching The Boys, and it's a darn shame Erin Moriarty is tied up with that show because I think she'd be a great Sue Storm.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

SlimGoodbody posted:

She played a character on the Jessica Jones show, so clearly she can't be Sue Storm as that would throw the entire continuity of the MCU into chaos and disarray. "This is Hope Shlottman," people would shriek every time Sue was on screen, "Hope Shlottman from Jessica Jones!!"

I didn't realize that was her!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Saw WW84. It was OK, but it was a really weird choice to have her defeat the villain by singing "Imagine."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

The CGI Lion King movie essentially completely removed the best Disney villain song ever.

Hellfire wasn't a Lion King song.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

So they just announced Keaton is the "official" Batman for the DCEU.

What does that make Robert Pattinson, or Ben Affleck? Alternate timeline Batmen? And if so, what does that mean for all the other characters Batfleck interacted with, like the entire Justice League?

Is this just DC's way of saying "Yeah everything we've made has been absolute poo poo, including stuff that hasn't even been released. DO-OVER TIME!"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Roth posted:

Gib Batman Beyond pls

A gnarled finger on the monkey's paw curls up, and a sense of dread washes over you.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Battinson is a "stand-alone" Bats, kind of like the Phoenix Joker. Keaton's apparently replacing Affleck as the connected universe Bats. Probably write out Affleck in the Flash movie (if that ever happens).

I thought the Rob Pattinson movie was going to be the same movie Ben Affleck was gonna be in before he quit. Did the whole project get scrapped?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Batman: Into the Bat-Verse

Starring Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Will Arnett, Ben Affleck, Robert Pattinson, and the CGI zombie of Adam West.

Cameo appearances by Kevin Conroy and Will Friedle.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The opening of the movie will be Deadpool in a business meeting with Kevin Feige as they go over his new contract, and then they show him around the office and fill him in on the MCU.

Edit: If anything reasonably close to this actually happens, I want money.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I think the scene in Spidmi where he refuses to give up Parker to the goblin made people think jjj is a good guy inside.

Yeah, in the Raimi movies, he's a jerk, but he's not evil. He's a loveable rear end in a top hat because he's played so comically perfect, like the cast of Always Sunny.

Speaking of, when will Marvel cast Danny Devito as Mole Man Trashman?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jessica Jones, I think?

Speaking of, I'm finally watching the final seasons of the Netflix shows. When they were cancelled, I was kinda like "What's the point?" and ignored them until now.

Did they ever explain how Eric got his powers? As far as I know, they left it very open and just said it happened when he was in college. I wonder if they were planning on explaining him being a mutant or inhuman or something.

I'm also watching Daredevil's last season, and I'm just reminded of how loving good Charlie Cox is as Matt Murdock. I really hope the rumors are true and he gets a chance to play the character some more.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Veotax posted:

I'm wondering if Evan Peters Quicksilver is going to stick around in the MCU after this, depending on what the show does with him of course. With the MCU moving into multiverse stuff they could bring over any characters from the older films they want to it seems.
We know Deadpool is making the jump

I don't have Disney+ and don't even want to consider it until the entirety of Wandavision is available to watch, but it's impossible to avoid spoilers so I wanna just jump in and say I'm disappointed it looks like they're ignoring MCU Quicksilver. How exactly did they handle this? Just Wanda just acknowledge him as being her brother and we're all just supposed to accept it? Or does Wanda go "Hey, who the hell are you?" and Petersilver goes "I'm Quicksilver. But a different one. I was in a really lovely franchise and I ran away from it so fast I ended up here I guess."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
...What?

None of this makes sense and I think I hate it.

Edit: To be clear, I'm pre-judging this based on never seeing the show and it not even being fully released yet. It's just an initial response to limited information.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 5, 2021

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
If Marvel really wants to do this multiverse thing, they better include poo poo like Lou Ferrigno Hulk, Roger Corman Fantastic Four, Reb Brown Captain America, etc. Go real dumb with it, please.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The new trailer for Falcon and Winter Soldier didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but it showed off some more of the dynamic between Sam and Bucky and it looks like it's gonna be pretty fun watching them bicker like an old married couple.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm not feeling this. I don't know if it's because I think Keanu would be better suited for other characters, or because this is Sony and not the MCU proper, or both.

Edit: Zelda Williams suggested Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the role and, yeah, I'm absolutely on board with that concept.

https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/1358861411871453185

https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/1358865487745011712

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

I absolutely don't get this. You can make Venom work without the context of Spider-Man but loving Kraven?

He's gonna be hunting down Venom and Morbius.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I forget if they're ignoring the original Suicide Squad movie or not. Is this a new interpretation of the Joker that just HAD to be added to Snyder League, that just HAD to be played by Jared Leto, or is this continuing off of Suicide Squad and Leto's Joker just scribbled tattoos on himself and wore a grill because he thought it was funny?

I kinda prefer the latter. I like the idea of Joker going for the long con.

Edit: I guess this IS Suicide Squad Joker after all. If they actually go with him being like "I thought it'd be funny." I will unironically love that version of Joker now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Well Snyder should have recast Joker with Nick Cage then. Everyone would be happy.

He should have recast Batman as Jared Leto and cast Joker as Ben Affleck.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

McCloud posted:

Reminder: Whedon pitched the idea that the courtesan carries a syringe with a substance that makes her vagina toxic, as a sort of self defense against rape, and then have her kidnapped by reapers, and when the gang would find her she'd be surrounded by dead bodies.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-firefly-episode-were-really-glad-joss-whedon-didnt-5959794

Wait what the gently caress? THAT'S what that syringe was about? I thought it was supposed to be related to Inara having an illness and she was debating whether or not to take her injection or if she should allow herself to die before the Reavers got a hold of her.

You know, I really tried to have a different perspective on the Black Widow's whole sterilization thing, but I really can't justify it anymore given the mindset of his jerk. It was definitely "I'm a monster because I can't serve my purpose as a woman." and gently caress that dumb noise and I'm really sorry for thinking there might have been something else being said there. I was giving benefit of the doubt and that's my fault.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

catlord posted:

Yeah... I liked Firefly but since things have gone on, the more I feel like maybe it only getting one season ended up being a good thing.

That and Adam Baldwin being a huge piece of poo poo.

Firefly is a show with a good deal of flaws, and it's entirely possible those flaws would become too hard to ignore if the show continued. But maybe, just maybe they could have had some Chinese people show up in Season 2.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
People on Twitter are talking about how John Krasinski should be Reed Richards and I'm just sharing this because I want all of you to feel the same strong negative reaction I'm experiencing right now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I still kinda wish Oscar Isaac could be Reed, but they cast him as Moon Knight instead. Which is also good.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly, just have the whole gang play the Fantastic Four.

Glenn Howerton as Reed
Kaitlin Olsen as Sue
Charlie Day as Johnny
Rob McElhenney as Ben

Devito can be Doom

And then just have them write the movie they same way they'd write any episode of Always Sunny. I would absolutely watch Always Sunny, but with Superpowers. And you would too.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

DeVito is clearly mole man.

No, he's clearly Spider-Man.

But the idea of him being Doom is just really funny to me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

I wish that movie would get a bluray release

I wish it would get the Criterion Collection treatment.

Tom Green would've been a fantastic Joker back in the day.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
So in BvS, Batman has a vision of a horrible future, and that pushes him to try and kill Superman, but then he realizes he's wrong.

Then in Justice League, he has a vision of a horrible future, and that pushes him to assemble a team of heroes? But like, shouldn't he be thinking "I was wrong last time and I'm probably wrong this time and someone or something is loving with me so maybe I just sit this one out" or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man of Steel was lovely because Steel wasn't even in the movie and I think false advertising is bad.