Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

People really want Geraldine Viswanathan

She is relatively unknown but is getting bigger and does have a starring movie coming out called The Broken Hearts Gallery and was in the comedy movie Blockers

I think a problem with her is that she already has a prior commitment for the TV series Miracle Workers and while she's not a big of a name as her costars she is the lead. A Marvel role would obviously be a bigger part but there's the problem of Marvel not having a great track record when it comes to actually doing TV stuff. Yes those failures weren't Disney + shows but I could still see someone with a steady gig being a little gunshy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aldis Hodge is in talks to play Hawkman in Black Adam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally I hope they just don't do the Phoenix stuff. They've done it twice now and it hasn't turned out well. Just do anything else with the characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Keaton is apparently in Morbius. Probably a cameo, but you can’t rule anything out

He showed up in the last trailer for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollywood action movies tend to kill their villains so it isn't exactly that weird that superhero movies follow that trend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, someone sued DC for plagiarism and Alan Moore had to testify that he had come up with the story himself. Can't blame him for not wanting a credit after that.

There was also the situation with V for Vendetta where Joel Silver (one of the producers) gave an interview saying that Moore had seen footage from the movie and approved when no he hadn't and no he didn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is now available as a digital release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing this new design kind of makes me wish they just had him look like Ciaran Hinds. Just a normal rear end looking dude who completely no sells everything the Justice League throws at him. Sure it would be a little old fashioned but Jack Kirby made him look like just a guy to begin with, if he wanted a monster he would have made him a monster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

HBO Max is available on Fire devices as of yesterday.

Yeah if you had the regular HBO app on a Fire TV it most likely just upgraded itself to the HBO Max app on its own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

can someone explain to me what the difference between HBO, HBO Go, and HBO Max?

HBO Go no longer exists so you can just forget about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rantmo posted:

It's loving delightful and perfect is what that costume is.

Yeah, I like the light up hair.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

John David Washington was badass and had a great screen presence in Tenet, I could see Marvel asking him if he'd like to take on the mantle of the Black Panther.

I would rather he get his own thing because anyone who tries to replace Boseman is just going to be in for a rough time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WB has announced the global release dates for WW84

quote:

Wednesday, December 16 — Belgium, Bulgaria. Egypt, Estonia, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Thursday, December 17 — Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East – Other, Nicaragua, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates

Friday, December 18 — China, East Africa, Japan, Nigeria, Spain, Vietnam

Wednesday, December 23 — Austria, Germany, Korea

Thursday, December 24 — Hungary, Slovenia

Friday, December 25 — Canada, Colombia, Finland, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Venezuela, United States

Saturday, December 26 — Australia, New Zealand

Thursday, December 31 — Argentina

Thursday, January 7 — Ukraine, Uruguay

Friday, January 8 — Philippines

Thursday, January 14 — Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Russia

Friday, January 15 — Romania, Turkey

Thursday, January 21 — Chile, Peru

Friday, January 22 — Poland

Thursday, January 28 — Italy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Batman: The Brave and Bold did songs every once in a while, including a musical episode with NPH as the Music Meister.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brave and the Bold also goes out like a complete champ. They knew they were canceled so they get weird with it by doing a story about Bat Mite (voiced by Paul Reubens) hating this kid friendly version of Batman and wanting a super serious series. Also they have Henry Winkler as Ambush Bug.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1333078267302187009
Marvel created a new logo treatment for the Disney+ version of Black Panther.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

You clearly haven't read any of the myriad comics desperate to make the reader take him seriously, which are the most embarrassing depictions of all.

The first issue of the Johns reboot was so bad because it acted like people were aware of Aquaman's reputation as a joke, which was dumb because there's no reason for anyone in the actual DC universe to think of him that way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Morbius is just the Joker in disguise.

Remember how that was supposed to be a movie that was coming out? I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It hasn't been that long since there was an X-Men movie so they might just be letting that part rest a bit before bringing it back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I imagine planning out X-Men is a lot more complicated than the others because you have as many X-Men characters as the whole Avengers related crew. It basically doubles the universe.

Yeah, if they really wanted to go hard on the X they could create a whole slate of just mutant stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

Whaaat spill the beans

IIRC the thing with Paul Walker was that he would be seen around with underage girls then basically the second they turned 18 all of a sudden they were "dating."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AoU is a mediocre movie that's peppered with good scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Voice actor Nolan North gave an interview talking about how often voice directors would tell him to just imitate his most famous role (Nathan Drake.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a half hour until Wonder Woman drops on HBO Max.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WW84 is okay. Not sure if it will be something I revisit considering how long it is (2 1/2 hours which it doesn't really feel like it earns.) Pedro Pascal as Max Lord is pretty good but Kristen Wiig's heel turn feels unearned seeing as she spends almost the entire movie helping Diana. There's an extra mid credits scene but nothing at the very end.

One thing I did like was that the climax doesn't involve Diana beating up Max, instead she talks him down. Which you don't see enough of in these kind of stories.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a scene in Diana's apartment showing off her various mementos and it includes a picture of her helping liberate a concentration camp so they did think to address the idea that she just ignored problems until BvS.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly WW84 makes literally zero sense with the idea of WW as presented in BvS.

She literally spoke to the entire world and prevented nuclear Armageddon. She ain't a loving secret.

I think you're supposed to accept the fig leaf that her actions are technically secret because there's no footage of her out there doing stuff. Like in the beginning they show her breaking security cameras and for the end nobody actually sees her, they just hear her voice, I guess? That part is a little unclear seeing as it shouldn't have been working anyway since it was just Max standing in a beam of light.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Steve's joy at being in the future is pretty great i have to admit.

Though it is kind of lovely they basically stole a guys life to bring Steve back.

That part seemed really weird and unnecessary seeing as the magic wishing rock had no problem creating other stuff out of nothing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cythereal posted:

So I take it that Barbara and Diana aren't a couple in the movie like Gadot and Jenkins were said to be arguing for before release?

Sounds like the only thing that could have made this apparently mediocre film vaguely interesting.

There's a scene where they almost seem flirty and Diana rescues her from a creep but other than that they're just kind of friendly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

This moral sounds stupid.

They kind of muddy the message because for a large part of the movie people don't realize that Max is literally granting wishes and also he doesn't tell them that he gets to name the price.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Black Adam exists more than it has in the past as they've actually cast other people in parts and not just said they want to get the Rock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would say that anything that is a direct sequel is most likely going to happen. Anything that is a spin off? Wouldn't hold my breath.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't remember, has any DCEU movie actually called Diana "Wonder Woman"?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They try to do it in WW84 with stuff like "who is this mystery woman?" in the mall fight but yeah, it is pretty dumb. Also there isn't a good explanation as to the costume change.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Morbius got delayed, again. It was supposed to come out in March but has been delayed to October 8th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just remembered that Venom 2: Oops all Carnage was originally supposed to come out this summer. Wonder if that is actually going to happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Teen Titans Go! Cyborg best Cyborg. Just eating pie and loving prog rock.

Also obsessed with 80s TV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the source is the Daily Mail but supposedly Matt Damon is back for Thor: Love and Thunder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

...Wasn't he just playing Matt Damon, though? Are we gonna be on the set of an in-universe Thor movie where Damon is Thor?

Kind of hard to know exactly if it is supposed to actually be him or just an Asgardian actor since the whole thing wasn't exactly planned out and was just Chris Hemsworth thinking it would be funny if he called up his buddy to show up for one scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of going straight to streaming just a reminder that if you have HBO Max and haven't watched WW84 you're running out of time as it was only going up for one month and that month ends Sunday.